Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Comfysofa

View attachment 1903541

Sorry, it was so long it was hard to screenshot but here’s the last part so you can see the end. I used to really like Jess (I know I’ve said this before) and I think she’s had a really rough time but she needs to stop. This is just wrong on so many levels 😳
I think she is testing out her writing style for the romantic novel she is writing. Verdict - stick to the non fiction 🤢!

---

I don't mind her talking about her experiece, but yeah, the whole thing sounds exactly as she says she feels, like a 19 year old wrote it in her diary 😅
And she calls herself a writer.... I mean that's what her main occupation is, she claims. And there's not even a main point or a summary to her last letter! Like, by all means, tell us a story but then, what'e the point?! Any learnings, conclusions? That's not how you write an essay 😆
She is trying to be all Carrie SATC!

Reactions: 7

TruthBeTold321.

We aren't seeing the whole truth regarding the house that's for sure. I can't find any information on companies house in any name either im sure she used to have a company registered 🤔 all very suspect.

The people who used to own the cottage she is in sold it and a number of other properties as part of a prior estate to the housing association. She’s “renting” at hefty discount, which is why she’s “renovating” Thats how she affords it, it’ll be markedly cheaper than standard rental up to 80% in some areas although I don’t know the particulars for Longstone. But as soon as she separated from Jason I assume she applied for one of these properties and lived with mum until one came up, feigning the whole I’m waiting until I find the right place bit for social media.

I’ll bet good money she claims benefit.

Last edited:
  • Wow

aouc23

is she wearing any pants in that photo?

So I went walking in Derbyshire this weekend and ended up walking through Little Longstone (basically a singular road through to Great Longstone) towards a pub for lunch. Has anyone been to Little Longstone or Great Longstone? It’s absolutely gorgeous and I can bet that cottage is worth a tidy sum, despite its size. The road it’s on looks like a scene out of a film, and the neighbouring houses are very nice, well maintained and large. It’s a very affluent area, and all gardens are very well maintained too. Looked like someone had checked out of the cottage as it looked like it was getting cleaned. Recognised the house immediately and saw the desk in the low window.

Her online dating story is honestly just sad. She is so desperate for male validation that it's pathetic. How low can your self-esteem be to be practically begging for approval from some Internet random you just met? Oh please like me, oh please kiss me, oh please send me another heart emoji! Barf.

Maybe from a teenager, but not from someone who's just written a book about being "enough."

I unfollowed Jess awhile ago, but checking back into these forums I see that holy nuts I have missed a lot lately.

Being fresh off a divorce and right after a dysfunctional reunion with an abusive father is perhaps... not the best time to get into online dating and plastic surgery?

And wait, she was groomed by her father? I'd agree with the theory that she's just too thick to have Googled the true definition of that word before she said it.

I hope her plastic surgery disaster serves as a learning lesson that your true self worth isn't determined by good looks and male approval. But I doubt it.

snarkvark

VIP Member
Jess will never be "enough" for herself. She'll just spend money on things that she thinks will make her happy and beautiful and make others envious of her.
this sums her up perfectly. she talks about being "enough" but doesn't walk the walk. same with everyhting else she talks about. slow travel but flies multiple times a year. a capsule wardrobe but buys/gets gifted lots of clothes that she conveniently makes disappear inbetween her "decluttering" videos. vegan and plant-based but actually eats cheese or buys wool clothes and leather shoes when it's convenient to.

her whole online persona is a farce and the cracks are showing.

snarkvark

VIP Member
Hope is going to her sister, her sister gets a bit of support anyway due to having additional needs. But what a shi**y thing to do. A pet, well a dog especially is like your child. You don’t just palm it off for months and months!
this is gross behaviour to me. she doesn't care about anyone but herself. a dog is just another accessory to her. they are family members, not objects to discard whenever you get bored of them!! how awful. I think this shows what type of person she really is behind all the staged instagram photos and woo woo newsletters she writes!!!

As more time goes by I am convinced her financial situation is something along the lines of: she took a sizeable divorce settlement (eg 300k) but it wasn’t enough for her to outright buy a property of her liking (or leave enough left over for reno) and she didn’t have enough of a reliable income history/projection to secure a mortgage for the remainder.
I think you've nailed this. she's not being honest about the "rented" home (it's likely family-owned, she probably pays very little if any rent) and it's likely she's got a bunch of money from the divorce that means she can pretend she's "crafted this life for herself" when really it's divorce settlement money that's allowing her to pay for impulse (and botched) cosmetic surgery, a whole new wardrobe every few months, and countless holidays abroad!

yet another influencer shilling a lifestyle they don't actually lead while being dishonest about how they do what they do in order to get their followers to buy their books/courses in order to fund it all.

Brunette7

Honestly she has too much time on her hands...jess needs to get a real job, in the real world. I honestly don't know how she'll afford living with all the cost increases. I don't think the book has done amazingly well so I doubt they'll be another one.

MargaritaMay

What stood out to me was when she tried to reveal what happened with her dad and what he did is that she said he abused her "mentally, verbally, financially...and physically." I understand it more that when their newfound relationship derailed they might've gotten into arguments and fights and he became physically abusive, maybe aggresive and he hurt her. I don't think she explicidly said "sexually". It sounds absolutely awful and I do feel very sorry for her, can't even imagine to go through sth like that with a parent. I also don't know what she meant by the word "groomed" exactly... he possibly did use her for money and tried to get her to trust him at first, then bullied and mistreated her, but if I remember correctly she went out searching for him, wanted to connect and spend time with him a couple of years ago and as someone already mentioned on here previously, her mum had warned her about it.

She definitely doesn't seem okay, she looks extremely fragile and insecure and I can't even fathom why she thought changing her face so dramatically would make her feel better! It would make the most self-assured, confident person insecure after having a different nose suddenly! Like, it's literally a plastic surgery, how much more risky does it get! It's not a botched haircut...

Homesweethomesweethome

The truth is out but it all reads as very sad. Reintroducing her father into her life sent everything on a downward spiral, her home her marriage and amending her physical body. I do think the element of her “job” has taken her away from the real world. The requirement for airy fairy fluffiness at all times. Do you think she’ll grow old and be content with how she lived? I loved Jessica in the early days, wanting that aesthetically pleasing and calm way of living. Now, I just feel pity.

Reactions: 6

MargaritaMay

When I think about it, most of my friends and acquaintances make more of an effort to live eco-friendly than her influencer-sustainability-e-book-writer self ever even pretended to. Things like going on trips by train all last summer to avoid flights, going camping (and leaving nothing behind but footprints ;) 🥰🌳 ) ,taking part in local uni paper-recycling groups, veggie dinners with friends at home, also this year more than ever I have experienced so much lovely community sharing: food, home cooked meals, cakes, home-made jams exchanged by neighbours, it can be easily reciprocated and inexpensive. All of things like that are worth more than promoting some new green-washing brand....

Her latest vlog is hilarious. It's basically her for 20 minutes straight trying to be deep and philosophical... when all she's really saying is that she's bored of her old clothes and she's going to toss them out and go shopping. Again.

She's throwing away a perfectly good pair of sandals because they feel "too masculine." Yet the short white poof jacket, jeans and sneakers that she wore around Paris was different how?

She's making a mockery of the whole "capsule wardrobe" concept and the entire minimalist movement.

No, Jess, minimalism isn't whatever it means to you. And it's certainly not going through your clothes and shopping every few months and getting rid of shoes that you just don't like.

karuna

I've been reading this thread and I've registered to be able to reply.

I have to start by saying, I like her videos a lot, and I am half way through her book. She has inspired me very much in many ways when it comes to wardrobe. I think she is quite consistent with her clothes, I have seen her audits quite a few times and know her clothes by heart, and apart from a few pieces like a denim jacket and blue dress (which she had after a year of not doing any audits on youtube whilst writing her book) and also some leisure wear pieces (which I imagine come in as gifts) her wardrobe has remained pretty much the same. She is certainly not afraid to repeat wear certain items to death, which had to be admired. I used to watch "asmallwardrobe", which with time I just got so annoyed with I had to unsubscribe. Because it was a small wardrobe of 30 and so items that got changed so many times she must have had 500 pieces in the last 5 years! Then again, with time and perspective maybe I'll think the same about Jessica, I dont know! I think what I learn through myself and others is that you make a lot of mistakes while learning about your style and wardrobe, and that you also get sick of items too. I maybe need a few more years of seeing Jessica to get a final opinion there. Oh and one thing that has annoyed me a lot, are two pairs of wool trousers, that she said would be altered, and then finally concluded should be sold. They seemed to be object of debate constantly, and I couldn't believe it when she still had them in her last audit! I don't think she even remembered, which is sad, because I do (me being the sad case)! How can I know so much about her wardrobe seriously lol Honestly, as a recommendation, my other favourite minimal closet youtber is "vested interests". She is completely different from Jessica in every way, but I do like them both. Well, I find Vested Interests to be more of a role modal should I choose one I suppose (and someone I admire a lot as a person).

As for neglect. Yes, you can be neglected and left to fend for yourself whilst having horses and so on.(That has been my case and I've seen more severe cases of very rich parents that sent kids unkempt and neglected to school because they had no time or wish to give them their time and care) I have no idea if that was her case, I imagine her mum was doing what she thought was best. Her family always seem lovely to be honest, very caring and doting, or at least that is what comes across on the videos. I agree with what users say about how her mum and family could feel bad after reading her book. I agree! I could never do that to my parents for sure. And also Jessica comes across to me as I read the book as self centered, in the sense I don't think she is very self aware of herself and others. Referring quite a lot to how her family never understood her, or other people to that matter, it honestly comes across as quite mean a lot of the time I think you have to stick up for your own pain and injustices but with deep compassion to those around you that you feel have wronged you (especially as they are people that love you dearly).

I too think the books a bit of a rehash of old ideas that are out there in a better format, but having said that, I do think she writes well and has a nice way with words and how to put things. I am still "a fan" of Jessica, but I have her on no pedestal. I can see her faults. There are people that are "better" at being sustainable and vegan and so on, but are not so much to my taste. I honestly don't watch her to be advised on such topics either. I have no idea what she was like as a teenager, obviously, but I think we all deserve a chance to be a better person in the here and now. All I know is that I always enjoy watching her videos a lot. That could change, time will tell!

snarkvark

VIP Member
She's fully regressed since divorcing. Fawning over fuckboys, posting thirst traps, and then writing about her experiences as if she's an authority on dating.

It's hilarious and cringe. What a great train crash to watch!

d0llhouse

I think she has a huge princess complex too. Waiting for a rich prince to come and rescue her, so not thinking properly about finances or any long term goals on her own terms. So it fits with her currently either running up debt or burning through any savings/divorce settlement.
I think this is the crux of why she's in her mid-30s and just processing her childhood issues. She rushed into marriage with an older man thinking that being taken care of would solve her problems and she could avoid doing the inner work. When the relationship ended, she immediately tried to reconnect with her dad, expecting another man to rescue and validate her. The timing can't be a coincidence. The dynamics of her next significant relationship will reveal a lot about how much 'healing' she's actually done.

snarkvark

VIP Member
And wait, she was groomed by her father? I'd agree with the theory that she's just too thick to have Googled the true definition of that word before she said it.
Considering she thinks abnormal cells means you've had cancer, that being 'vegan' means you can continue to buy wool and wear silk, and that being sustainable just means using a menstrual cup - I can see why jess using the word 'grooming' to mean 'badly treated'. except with grooming (and cancer!) it's really gross and manipulative to use those words about something you've never experienced!

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
I was thinking how quiet she’d been. I don’t think Paris is really working for her content either.
Probably because we're all sitting at home, coming in from work that we do because we realise that's what being an adult is all about, painting our houses, looking after our kids, just living normal life and looking at her and realising just how disconnected she is from reality. Life isn't bed of roses for many of us but we don't flounce off to Paris to find ourselves. Especially after writing a book about being "enough"

acorns56

Jess - don’t feel pressured to buy things on Black Friday
Also Jess - my ebooks are 50% off for Black Friday

• Haha

snarkvark

VIP Member
maybe her ‘real’ life doesn’t really reflect the image she’s trying to portray?
i'm going to say this. I think much of her life is for show. I think she's actually pretty miserable and soothes herself by saying she's "living slow". she shares those inspirational quotes all the time it gives me the impression she's not that happy. fake it until you make it kind of thing.

weirdly she could make her life look much more aspirational (because obviously that's how she makes money - shilling the ideal countryside lifestyle) but she only manages to make it look boring as hell. doing the same things on repeat.

I've said this before. she's been writing about capsule wardrobes for several years now and still hasn't explored fashion beyond decluttering her wardrobe and putting together capsule wardrobes every season. that's it. no outfit ideas for restyling old clothing, no talking about fast fashion (aside from pretending fast fashion is only about how quickly we throw away our clothes!) and nothing of any real depth in any of her content. it's all surface level and very shallow.

Brunette7

JESSICA YOU DID NOT HAVE CANCER

It's disgusting to pretend like you did for cash. I'm sure it was a shock but it's something a lot of women go through regularly with smears.

• Heart