Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Scotty1976 for your very first thread title! 83 reactions 🎉 Your prize? MancBee’s going to send you a flask of leftover soup.

Recap of thread #92

1. Jack, jack, your pappa al pomodoro recipe is my favourite soup. Will leaving out the vinegar make a huge difference? ‘Nah.’ #sowise
  2. For the recipe, she confesses that she cuts her cherry tomatoes into ‘eight apiece’. Ain’t nobody got time for that (apart from @Cookiecookie haha.
  3. Brave @MancBee was the second member of the cabal to venture into Jack‘s maverick domain and make a soup recipe. He also lived to tell the tale but perhaps is in need of some mouthwash. Crowdfund? photo
  4. She felt ‘grubby’ for making her soft soft creamy scrambled eggs with maverick mayooooo. She can’t afford no butter right now, guv. It’s fine, she’s ‘coping’.
  5. She chatted for a while about scrambled eggs, meanwhile the person who had sent her the £20 wanted to know if she had received it ok.
  6. She got shown up on Twitter for the above and paid it back (not that it’s ANY of our business).
  7. Jack Monroe diversionary tactic: let’s talk about crisps, white chocolate mice, hummus, sugar mice, favourite sweets that aren’t chocolate, pontefract cakes, sweets, bab-y.
  8. Southend’s present-day Nostradamus strikes again. She predicted the rise of right-wing populism six years ago and all the Oxbridge poshos laughed at her during a dinner that she ‘bleeping hosted’. She was a literal riddle to them, for she did not go to university, yet was ‘forensically into global politics at the time’. Who’s laughing now? Jack, that’s who. She’s ‘pretty famously a left-wing nonbinary liberal lesbian’.
  9. Another noodle abomination and more eggs ‘happened’.
  10. Her and Marcus Rashford are ‘working together’ but she ‘can’t say more than that at the moment’.
  11. @BlendedSlop gave us A day in the life of Jack.
  12. She double-dipped the photoshop and Facetune again. That naughty sentient mirror is trolling her, and I don’t know who THIS small boy is. Thank you @Silver Linings for all of the screenshots, you tireless researcher.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 116
I have nothing to add really but good morning Poca!

Im gutted for Marcus Rashford, the MPs who voted against that bill should be ashamed of themselves :( but i dont think he will give up, this is clearly something he cares deeply about and i really respect that.

Is he working closely with Jack? Is he duck 😄 (hope not anyway!)

Have a lovely day everyone 😊 now duck off x

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I’m not letting my rant get lost in the dying embers of the last thread:

That is what came across in the HuffPo piece.

Standing for election is really bloody hard. Yoi are pounding the streets from early in the morning to late at night, all day every day for months in the lead up. No way would she put in that graft.

And then rather than accept this with enough time for the party, she drops out last minute so they can’t field another candidate. What a complete waste of everyone’s time, energy and money. Is there nothing she doesn’t turn into a car crash?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Have you been up all night working on this, Poca? Another beautifully written recap, m’dear!

Starting a new thread in the morning feels wrong. It’s a nighttime activity, this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Have you been up all night working on this, Poca? Another beautifully written recap, m’dear!

Starting a new thread in the morning feels wrong. It’s a nighttime activity, this.
All night, by the flickering light of a dying candle. Can’t afford no lightbulbs, guv’nor!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Congratulations to @Scotty1976 for your very first thread title! 83 reactions 🎉 Your prize? MancBee’s going to send you a flask of leftover soup.

Recap of thread #92

1. Jack, jack, your pappa al pomodoro recipe is my favourite soup. Will leaving out the vinegar make a huge difference? ‘Nah.’ #sowise
  2. For the recipe, she confesses that she cuts her cherry tomatoes into ‘eight apiece’. Ain’t nobody got time for that (apart from @Cookiecookie haha.
  3. Brave @MancBee was the second member of the cabal to venture into Jack‘s maverick domain and make a soup recipe. He also lived to tell the tale but perhaps is in need of some mouthwash. Crowdfund? photo
  4. She felt ‘grubby’ for making her soft soft creamy scrambled eggs with maverick mayooooo. She can’t afford no butter right now, guv. It’s fine, she’s ‘coping’.
  5. She chatted for a while about scrambled eggs, meanwhile the person who had sent her the £20 wanted to know if she had received it ok.
  6. She got shown up on Twitter for the above and paid it back (not that it’s ANY of our business).
  7. Jack Monroe diversionary tactic: let’s talk about crisps, white chocolate mice, hummus, sugar mice, favourite sweets that aren’t chocolate, pontefract cakes, sweets, bab-y.
  8. Southend’s present-day Nostradamus strikes again. She predicted the rise of right-wing populism six years ago and all the Oxbridge poshos laughed at her during a dinner that she ‘bleeping hosted’. She was a literal riddle to them, for she did not go to university, yet was ‘forensically into global politics at the time’. Who’s laughing now? Jack, that’s who. She’s ‘pretty famously a left-wing nonbinary liberal lesbian’.
  9. Another noodle abomination and more eggs ‘happened’.
  10. Her and Marcus Rashford are ‘working together’ but she ‘can’t say more than that at the moment’.
  11. @BlendedSlop gave us A day in the life of Jack.
  12. She double-dipped the photoshop and Facetune again. That naughty sentient mirror is trolling her, and I don’t know who THIS small boy is. Thank you @Silver Linings for all of the screenshots, you tireless researcher.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
🥴
One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Great job, Poca! Informative, hilarious, and thoroughly linked too - these thread recaps really are the gold standard!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I hope the candle was crafted from the fat that oozed out of last week’s eyelid sausages. Wasteful otherwise innit
It’s my new scented candle range, out in time for Christmas stocking fillers.
I call it ‘Memories of Abbatoir Autumns’.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
The ephemeral Monroe Paradox has been mentioned before - I saw this question, immediately thought of this song, then heard the last line of 2nd verse.

Full version for those of us who may have forgotten quite how good Culture Club and Boy George were. Katy Brand is kiilling it on the backing vocals too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_xU6hkdgAw

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
With regards Jack "giving away" cookbooks to food banks:

This is a trick that you may be familiar with if you're unfortunate to know MLM people. It's very common in MLMs: they suggest raising money to send hand cream to nurses, or books to sick children. They never mention that they'll be pocketing the commission from it.

That's exactly what Jack did, on a much larger scale. She really is shameless.

Imagine thinking your money was going to a food bank, but actually Jack used it to give herself that godawful Ronald McDonald on crack scarecut she was sporting at the time. 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I want KGM to reply with “please don’t call me Krish, we aren’t mates” 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
With regards Jack "giving away" cookbooks to food banks:

This is a trick that you may be familiar with if you're unfortunate to know MLM people. It's very common in MLMs: they suggest raising money to send hand cream to nurses, or books to sick children. They never mention that they'll be pocketing the commission from it.

That's exactly what Jack did, on a much larger scale. She really is shameless.

Imagine thinking your money was going to a food bank, but actually Jack used it to give herself that godawful Ronald McDonald on crack scarecut she was sporting at the time. 😥
Isn’t it also very arrogant to suggest that your cookbooks are what food bank users need?

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I’m really uncomfortable with the use of the word ‘pilgrimage’ in regards to concentration camps.
The last thread CLOSED as I was trying to post this, and it's old news now but I'm still going to post it because it's important and it made me angry. Apologies.

I'm way behind so possibly someone has said a lot of this, but bluntly, it's bleeping reprehensible that she's using this for Twitter engagement. I teach the Holocaust, I feel like it is *the* most important part of what I teach and I'm always terrified of getting the tone wrong so whenever I have the opportunity for a course or a bit of CPD I take it. The Holocaust Educational Trust is incredible. I've been to talks by survivors. It's absolutely bleeping harrowing (obviously.) My pupils study this at the age of 14/15 where honestly they can get the silliest, but even they grasp that it's not a joke.

My point is, there are SO many people, people who've lived through it, people whose relatives lived through it, people who have actual academic expertise in it, enough to legitimately teach teachers, that Jack really needs to not go there. This is not her patch. This is absolutely not her bleeping story.

No one would learn anything useful from her doing a 'report' from Auschwitz and I imagine she would offend and upset many. And they would absolutely have good reason to be offended and upset.

She's using something truly horrific to try and make herself look clever, even though 100% that conversation never happened. And then whinging about how she can't use her birth year, are you actually insane, Jack!?

By all means, tweet about the Holocaust. Direct people to documentaries and educational resources. Write about how shocking it is. But don't ever, ever use it as a tool for your own means. That's truly sick.

Especially when not two hours later you're posting a photo of a lolly and calling it a superhero. What the duck.

Sorry Fraus, I know I'm posting from the past here and these points have mostly likely already been made, but just when you think she can't sink lower, she does.

And back to last thread I go.

• Heart
Reactions: 126
So by her saying that's what we pay taxes for, it shouldn't be down to charities to step in she's pretty much just said don't bother donating to Marcus Rashford's charity??

We've paid out taxes Krish, mate!! Why should we bother donating more?
Have YOU paid your taxes Jack?
So don’t donate to MR’s charity but you can buy HER books to donate to the food bank, right?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
On a different note, actually, do we know for sure that she refunded the winter fuel lady? We know she asked her to DM her but that doesn't necessarily mean she actually offered to pay it back? She potentially could have just said "thankyou, now duck off x" 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 28
On a different note, actually, do we know for sure that she refunded the winter fuel lady? We know she asked her to DM her but that doesn't necessarily mean she actually offered to pay it back? She potentially could have just said "thankyou, now duck off x" 😕
We’ll just have to take her at her word on this one ...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.