Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if she has been involved with the national food strategy for over a year, which incidentally, seems to be made up of Tories and business people, you'd expect her to get a mention in their long list of people they've talked to wouldn't you? spoiler: she's not 🥴

The VP of coca-cola is on the board. We are in safe hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Also, she did not cause that much of a fuss when she put her tree up last year. Except with perhaps her own Mrs. Iirc, she kept Twitter well updated on L's annoyance at her multiple Christmas trees and decs (£££). At least she can put up as many trees and lights as the crappy bungalow can take this year eh? Tip jar is open for the electric bill
Jack working secretly stitching things together on the background again.
it's a high profile campaign, but MR and Jack must keep her role in it secret.

Jack does this by tagging MR in at every possible opportunity. MR does this by ignoring her.

Is he even flowing her on social media?

And the povs don't want your crappy books.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
How sad must your life be, how desperate for attention, that you are literally asking for lists of sweets just so you can see those notifications ping on you mobile(s)?
She's trying to get sent free sweeties. It's come to this.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
As if the report of a trip to Auschwitz could solve the problem...🙄well meant maybe, but still, it isn’t realistic.
She might get some more poetry out of it.

“Just a child, with a pocket full of bones...”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My grandfather was a POW in WWI.

The Germans dug him out from a hole underneath the bodies of the horses he cared for, took him to a field hospital, performed emergency surgery and plated the gaping hole in his skull and fed him three square meals a day and clothed him until the end of the war.

Not only did he always refuse to take part in parades because, to him, it was glorifying war for the benefit of people who hadn't done it and the ordinary soldiers were just soldiers like he was, doing what they had to, but he said in reference to the 1930s-40s atrocities, such as the Holocaust (GM was Jewish, so they had extra reason to fear the Allies losing) that hungry people will do anything if they're promised food - and the Germans had been desperately hungry for many years following WWI.
Yes, Dad did say some of the German soldiers were kind, but the guards on the marches were brutal and unforgiving, they too were starving and any rations were to feed them first. They walked 650 miles from Sagan in Poland to Berlin.

My dad would never watch war films, or talk much about what happened to him until the final year or so of his life. He was the standard-bearer for many years at our memorial parades, not because it was the glorification of war, but in memory of his comrades that never came home. They certainly didn't take the prisoners of war in Stalag Luft (made famous in the film Great Escape) to the hospital. My father's best friend died of dysentery and they made my father dig his grave.

I took him to the Imperial War Museum North, where you can look up the graves of any soldiers. He stood at the terminal checking for his friends with tears rolling down his face, the first and last time I saw him cry.

ETA sorry this post is so off-topic, but Jack trying to shoehorn herself into something she has a cursory knowledge of fucks me right off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 106
How can you flit from talking about crappy dinner parties, to favourite sweets, to why you're deleting all of you're screenshots? Why not stick to one subject, tweet, read the replies and actually take the time to bloody respond to everyone who isn't a blue tick.
Her kid isn't with her tonight, right?

Reactions: 38
Jack working secretly stitching things together on the background again.
it's a high profile campaign, but MR and Jack must keep her role in it secret.

Jack does this by tagging MR in at every possible opportunity. MR does this by ignoring her.

Is he even flowing her on social media?

And the povs don't want your crappy books.
Did she share the link to the petition yet?

Reactions: 16
bloody hell ❤ too short so bloody hell again.

Yes, Dad did say some of the German soldiers were kind, but the guards on the Marches were brutal and unforgiving, they too were starving and any rations were to feed them first. My dad would never watch war films, or talk much about what happened to him until the final year or so of his life. He was the standard-bearer for many years at our memorial parades, not because it was the glorification of war, but in memory of his comrades that never came home. They certainly didn't take the prisoners of war in Stalag Luft (made famous in the film Greta Escape) to the hospital. My father's best friend died of dysentery and they made my father dig his grave. I took him to the Imperial War Museum North, where you can look up the graves of any soldiers. He stood at the terminal checking for his friends with tears rolling down his face, the first and last time I saw him cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If she's been involved in the national food strategy for the last year...

...why did nothing get done until Marcus Rashford showed up?

...how the duck can she pretend to be poor while also pretending to be a government advisor?!
This is such a ridiculous lie, reminiscent of those stories in Take a Break magazine involving dating men who claim to be top brain surgeons but turn out to be unemployed and racking up credit card debt in their victims name...

Why would she tell a lie that big? It’s bizarre, easily disproved and makes her look unhinged. I don’t understand how she posted that thinking it was a good idea

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She should make it explicitly clear that the tip jar, etc, is for small donations towards keeping the site up and running, be transparent about how much she needs to do this and how much is generally donated per month, and insist that no-one donates to her personally for her living expenses etc. Perhaps a pinned tweet or an addition to her website / tip jar text. She should commit to returning tip jar donations above, say, £5?

We have seen evidence that people who cannot afford to are sending her money.in response to the constant poorfishing that she does. If she is genuine then she needs to take action to stop this as it is completely unconscionable for someone in her financial position to be taking from those who have less.
The ads on the site more than cover its costs.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
if she has been involved with the national food strategy for over a year, which incidentally, seems to be made up of Tories and business people, you'd expect her to get a mention in their long list of people they've talked to wouldn't you? spoiler: she's not 🥴

Can I respectfully suggest that, should her involvement be more than a handful of re-tweets and banter with Henry, that her work should be reflected publicly. It’s only fair to her (and Marcus!) that their input is at least acknowledged.

Luckily there is a contact option so I have taken the opportunity to get in touch and ask why it isn’t being reflected.

“This is a wonderful programme and much needed. As a recipient of free school meals in my childhood and as a user of things like school breakfast clubs for my own children so I could get to work and college, I am so happy that there is a programme to help children and families improve their food access and education.

I would like to enquire why all the listed experts and participants are all prominent academics, CEOs and politicians and there are no grass roots or working class campaigners listed. Marcus Rashford has done so much to get this in the headlines and the prominent anti-poverty campaigner Jack Monroe is publicly professing to be heavily involved with the campaign yet there is no mention of either on this website. It is unfair to have these voices unacknowledged and would like their work to be reflected here too. Please can I ask you to update your website to include their input and relevance. The working class and sufferers of food poverty should not be ignored. Thank you”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Does this mean the court case is officially off? 😭😭
gutted. I had planned my outfit already. it was a long dress, the print was going to be her deleted tweets, in twitter style with a blue twitter bird shaped bag. would also have a few wigs on the go and a special chewing necklace.

I would probably throw in a walking frame.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.