Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's probably pissed off because 'her' charities have found a better ambassador.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 08.37.27.png

• Heart
Reactions: 62

An interesting article about Diversity in Media awards that Jack was involved in setting up (lasted two years so not bad going).

“Stories” used twice in the same sentence. The second sentence lets us all know the most important details though!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Jack's probably pissed off because 'her' charities have found a better ambassador.

View attachment 283852
this is exactly it! all the rage coming through her tweets is coming from the fact that she is no longer the 'go-to' mouthpiece on UK poverty (thank god). Her 'i don't do nothing' response is sooooo telling, it's all about her. i dislike her!

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I've cooked two of her recipes ages ago. The bean burger thing gave me bad indigestion and some chilli thing with chocolate which was horrible. And you know what, I blamed myself in spite of then having fed 2 kids on my own for years with very little money. There is huge amounts of skill out there with people who live on very little but she has to control the narrative. And shes forgotten what it's like to be poor if she ever was.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
So what is her actual helpful solution?
Its just screaming "you're wrong" into the twitter void isn't it?
It's just about defending her point rather than actually doing anything helpful.
It really annoys me that she can't be called out on her blatant hypocrisy such as promoting Amazon to line her own pockets.

Reactions: 35

An interesting article about Diversity in Media awards that Jack was involved in setting up (lasted two years so not bad going).

“Stories” used twice in the same sentence. The second sentence lets us all know the most important details though!
She claims she had 2 sleeve tattoos when she first entered the public eye. Yet all of the pics of her and her SB show her with only 1 sleeve? So it was the poverty cosplay that paid for the 2nd sleeve then!

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Urgh, she's just so detestable!

There's a FB group that cooks for an extra meal for a child already? Is there? What is it called then? What do they do? Why is she not putting up the name, the link, a screenshot to these places to make people aware?? USE YOUR PLATFORM YOU TOOL!!
What about those people who do not do Facebook, like me? How am I supposed to get involved? Her spouting "There's already a Facebook group doing that" doesn't negate the original poster's comment, that there needs to be a website. There does need to be a website where people can volunteer, those that do not like the whole ethos of Facebook.

I agree she is detestable.

Reactions: 54
To my fellow Frauen- I have to take a step back from these threads because she’s doing my head in.

I know I’m not the most prolific poster on here and don’t contribute a huge amount but I do read song and wanted to thank you for your wonderful company. But it would be better for me if I don’t follow any more (at least until the next batch of insomnia comes along)

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Why is she going on about rich people needing to pay their taxes...when she owes a tax bill?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
To my fellow Frauen- I have to take a step back from these threads because she’s doing my head in.

I know I’m not the most prolific poster on here and don’t contribute a huge amount but I do read song and wanted to thank you for your wonderful company. But it would be better for me if I don’t follow any more (at least until the next batch of insomnia comes along)
Believe you me, we have all been in that position. Most of us have had time away as it really gets to you. I am sure you will come back, as we have and join in the most marvelously funny and erudite people I have ever had the privilege to have not met.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The amount she went on about it and yet still no anchoïade recipe...

Untitled 2.png

Must be a long recipe 👀

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
So what the duck does she want people to do then? Someone suggests they’re going to do their bit to help out and she says “that’s the governments job”, but in the same breath “look at ALL THE GOOD WORK I DO”. What would make her happy is everyone else doing the heavy lifting and hard work but her being the poster girl for poverty and taking all the credit. That’s what she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That 'baby' picture creeped me out so much. Shows how thick her followers are though if they can't see that it is clearly edited to its last millimetre!

Once again, she's not using her platform to support those she claims to. Avoiding naming FB groups, saying things should be a government issue only, giving obtuse answers to innocent questions. Go back to stuffing your mouth with sweeties Jack!

Reactions: 33
The nerve of her! Patronising cow

she’s such a creeper isn’t she. Imagine him seeing that on twitter and wondering who the duck she is. Such a close personal friend, she’s a fantasist! I’m so embarrassed for her
I imagine her twitter is going to be manic for the next few days. She must be furious as the ‘face of poverty’ she’s not appearing on the news etc. No one is going to her, she’s irrelevant to this story, she’s done nothing but tweeting annoyance. I see many other slebs I follow so much more. Katy Brand, Emma Kennedy highlights the issue much more and is heavily involved in her local food bank...What she done but pretend to live off £20 and give the impression it’s do-able, it’s not.

She needed to rebrand a long long time ago. Move away from the poverty thing to family cooking or even single parent cooking. Nadia did the right thing, cakes to general cooking, not enough work in just cakes. The vegan rebrand thing was pointless and ill conceived, she’s not kept it up. One book does not a career make.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
A recipe for anchoïade on BBC good food.
7 ingredients, 2 lines of method.
Why do her Jackolites wait patiently? There are literally hundreds of free recipes for the stuff online, just google it for god's sake.

How hard can it be to write up these simple recipes? What takes her so long?

Ingredients
How-to-videos
Method
  1. To make the anchoiade, put all the ingredients except the olive oil and black pepper in a processor, and switch on. Pour the oil into the blender in a steady stream, until it forms a thick sauce.
  2. Pour into a pan and heat through. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.