Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe #93 The work of a moment
I wish I knew how to make GIFs. Iā€™m having thoughts of Rowan Atkinson in Love, Actually, fannying about with the gift wrapping. ā€œā€˜Tis but the work of a moment.ā€ Coupled with the talents of @Alansbigplate I think itā€™s what Viv would have wanted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Honest opinion, that is so much better. It tastes like a cheap cup-a-soup.

Still far too much salt and it retains the claggy texture. A lot of effort and expense to create what is not even as nice as a cup-a-soup and loads more expensive. It has a persistent aftertaste which is not pleasant. The way it coats the back of your throat requires a lot of water to wash it down.

I would possibly eat it if there was absolutely nothing else (though I am not going to persevere this time). Would I choose to eat it? No.

I won't waste it though, as suggested I might add it to a ragu, or at least some of it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Just a thought, but all that effort for a titchy bowl of soup. Jack has time on her hands to spare but how do her poor followers not realise that this is piss poor budgeting and a waste of endeavour?
Absolutely, it has been on the hob for nearly half an hour, add to that 10 minutes to chop the onions and teeny tiny tomatoes. My tomatoes from the ASDA's grocers' choice (as specified) were tiny.

The aftertaste really is strong, I have drunk a glass of water and a cup of tea and can still taste tomato purƩe and I only had a couple of spoons full.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Well safe to say she's definitely done her tattle catch up now.

View attachment 282949
What a dick. Squiggle's DMs are open too. But JM's too bleeping high and mighty to DM a pleb.

Repay her the Ā£20!

Honest opinion, that is so much better. It tastes like a cheap cup-a-soup.

Still far too much salt and it retains the claggy texture. A lot of effort and expense to create what is not even as nice as a cup-a-soup and loads more expensive. It has a persistent aftertaste which is not pleasant. The way it coats the back of your throat requires a lot of water to wash it down.

I would possibly eat it if there was absolutely nothing else (though I am not going to persevere this time). Would I choose to eat it? No.

I won't waste it though, as suggested I might add it to a ragu, or at least some of it.
Can I nominate this line as a thread title?

Jack Monroe #93 Persistent aftertaste which is not pleasant

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Absolutely, it has been on the hob for nearly half an hour, add to that 10 minutes to chop the onions and teeny tiny tomatoes. My tomatoes from the ASDA's grocers' choice (as specified) were tiny.

The aftertaste really is strong, I have drunk a glass of water and a cup of tea and can still taste tomato purƩe and I only had a couple of spoons full.
Thankyou matt much for taking one for the team and confirming what we expected from this soup. Now duck off and make yourself a sandwich or something to get rid of the aftertaste x

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Why the hell does the poor sod have to DM Jack when they have given her money? Christ, if that was me I'd be mortified and would be DMing them as well as publicly acknowledging it. The brass neck - are they on sale at John Lewis?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Well done for doing the bare minimum 4 days later I guess <standing ovation for Jack>

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 15.09.35.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
She's probably asked them to DM her so we can see it. If she just DMd kind squiggle we wouldn't know about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
34B46F7C-B53F-4326-8E6A-2A81B085DE9A.png

The lovely lady who runs Patā€™s Food has just uploaded a recipe for...drum roll... Mayo Cake...

Jackā€™s recipe...to follow...šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
If poor people are giving money to a middle class 'writer' and occasional TV person because of ridiculous poor fishing then it very much is all of our business.

Who wants to place a bet she wouldn't have done tit if we hadn't mentioned it here? Put me down for a Ā£20 shop

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Interesting that JM is responding to someone (who is clearly from tattle) when she wasn't even tagged in

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.