Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With regards Jack "giving away" cookbooks to food banks:

This is a trick that you may be familiar with if you're unfortunate to know MLM people. It's very common in MLMs: they suggest raising money to send hand cream to nurses, or books to sick children. They never mention that they'll be pocketing the commission from it.

That's exactly what Jack did, on a much larger scale. She really is shameless.

Imagine thinking your money was going to a food bank, but actually Jack used it to give herself that godawful Ronald McDonald on crack scarecut she was sporting at the time. 😥
This is exactly what it reminded me of! Those flipping "donations" to cancer patients all the while boosting their case credits and profits. 😠

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Good morning all, new day new start. Least said about yesterday the better. 🤢

The reason she doesn't want people donating to MR endorsed charities is because there'll be less money floating round for her. What a cheek, she has been promoting her favoured Trussell Trust foodbank charity, asking people to buy her book and donating it . She is making profit from the sale, she's a bloody racketeer. So it isn't the governments job when it benefits her, but don't dare suggest that anyone supports another charity as then you are letting the government get away with it.

Shameless.

Every day I discover something about her that makes me dislike her even more.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Dear friends, do we have a word/verb the opposite of Grunkaing or Incying: to describe the resolute decision to NOT grunka through a missed half thread or thread, but to start afresh?

Because I just did it. #92 ran away from me. In the words of our muse: This is happening FAST

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Dear friends, do we have a word/verb the opposite of Grunkaing or Incying: to describe the resolute decision to NOT grunka through a missed half thread or thread, but to start afresh?

Because I just did it. #92 ran away from me. In the words of our muse: This is happening FAST
At this rate we could hit 100 threads on the Full Moon!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I’m not letting my rant get lost in the dying embers of the last thread:

That is what came across in the HuffPo piece.

Standing for election is really bloody hard. Yoi are pounding the streets from early in the morning to late at night, all day every day for months in the lead up. No way would she put in that graft.

And then rather than accept this with enough time for the party, she drops out last minute so they can’t field another candidate. What a complete waste of everyone’s time, energy and money. Is there nothing she doesn’t turn into a car crash?
When she started the ‘bid’ she probably thought ‘nobody works as hard as me, Jackie McMonroe, it’ll be a doddle’.

5 minutes into the preparations her internal monologue may have been something like this: ‘oh tit I have to leave the crappy bungalow for this and can’t have 3 naps a day...oh god I’ll have to talk to people...maybe even poor people who can’t afford butter...can’t be arsed with this I’ll just tell ‘em the arthritis is playing up’.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
does anyone else find it bizarre she's gone from those horrible big veiny corpse hand photos she prided herself on to photoshopping out her knuckles & trying to look like an adult baby?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
does anyone else find it bizarre she's gone from those horrible big veiny corpse hand photos she prided herself on to photoshopping out her knuckles & trying to look like an adult baby?
yes!! the baby photo is properly stuff nightmares are made of, it made me jump as i scrolled down.

her tweets seemed like the ramblings of a hammered person last night, right?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
remember when 'famously left wing' jack encouraged people to pay for Telegraph subscriptions a few months ago

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
omfg the bleeping cheek of this on SO many levels! Firstly why is she making this sound like a personal tax issue when it's widely documented that it's not. It's a huge problem with ~corporate~ dodgers and the country is positively gagging for her friends at... Unilever, Amazon, Facebook (who she's also in cahoots with that was clearly a proof of concept project re: IGTV between FB & Unilever) to pay taxes in the country of sale, but they don't. Also whilst we're on this, one man band ltd companies have been absolutely crucified for the tax efficient dodge that they are & IR35 has been introduced to stop concealed employment arrangements - whilst I appreciate that's not exactly what Jack's ltd does, she's adjacent enough and benefits from the same tit.

She's actually thick there's no other way someone could be so consistently wrong ?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Urgh, she's just so detestable!

There's a FB group that cooks for an extra meal for a child already? Is there? What is it called then? What do they do? Why is she not putting up the name, the link, a screenshot to these places to make people aware?? USE YOUR PLATFORM YOU TOOL!!

She refuses to see the problem of if we all do nothing the kids don't get fed. She is so stubbornly blind. Rather than just respond with 'I don't do nothing' why not debate what they're actually saying? State what you actually do, and what all of your followers could do!!

She's been working on 'something' for the last year......but has done nothing of worth during a pandemic. Did she show how you can batch cook some basics? Did she show the extra meals she cooked for a child or isolated person? Did she show ONE SMALL THING that could make a difference to someone in your own community?

Nope, none of the above. She's there talking about sweets and face-tuning her selfies to bell-end proportions.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.