Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cinnamon on roast potatoes. The “making inedible swill” gene is strong in that family.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
View attachment 2289092
Good lord. No YOU DON’T.
She can’t even make sense. She might substitute aubergine for lamb, maybe.
I'm not at all convinced that makes much sense as a substitute, either. I don't like aubergine, but doesn't it just turn to goo if you cook it for any length of time? Lamb, generally, doesn't do that. The obvious substitutes for lamb would be beef if you don't mind meat or maybe tofu or mushrooms if you don't.

Reactions: 15
Super glad to see all the new people & the threads alive but I don’t have time to grunk - has she actually done anything lately?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I loved re-reading Flirty Thirty’s aubergine curry, and hooted once more at the blacked out nail.
Those threads are, IMO much more essential reading for newcomers than the thread Jack arrived in.
They tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about her recipes. There’s no way on this earth that so many of us could have attempted them and they all went wrong. That wasn’t unlucky, or a fluke, that’s tit recipe writing.
One of my faves was the loaf LurkerFrau made. God love her, she had the Lurpak ready and waiting…

watch this with the sound up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I loved re-reading Flirty Thirty’s aubergine curry, and hooted once more at the blacked out nail.
Those threads are, IMO much more essential reading for newcomers than the thread Jack arrived in.
They tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about her recipes. There’s no way on this earth that so many of us could have attempted them and they all went wrong. That wasn’t unlucky, or a fluke, that’s tit recipe writing.
One of my faves was the loaf LurkerFrau made. God love her, she had the Lurpak ready and waiting…

watch this with the sound up. https://tattle.life/threads/slopalo...u-can-cover-it-in-parsley.34977/post-12597622
Another bread item containing festering evil.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
More importantly budget canned rice pudding is 22 - 30p tin so. If you are struggling this requires no other ingredients and minimal energy to reheat.
When I was a pov (and not just chronically skint as I am now) I would buy a tin of Happy Shopper rice pudding from the corner shop, I think it was about 10p*, and my children would have that cold for dinner.

*if only I had painstakingly kept records of what food cost back then, so I could forensically and repeatedly regurgitate my pov story in a manner that may rival guest's.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

I am howling. On the bus. Can't wait to sit down with a cuppa later and read all the slopalongs.

She really has not the first bleeping clue about cooking, does she? I wish someone had bestowed her delusional level of confidence upon me as a kid, if her ineptitude has carried her this far I'd be a bleeping millionaire by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I was literally about to post this! Jack’s skeleton tattoo makes me hoot every time it’s posted. It’s the melting arse cheek that does it for me. I reckon she feeds the tattoo artists slop before each session and she ends up with wonky lines because they keep stopping to clutch their stomachs in agony.

Got a right jump scare on Facebook this morning.

View attachment 2288707
ahahahaaaaaa!!! I did the same!! And check the name, it must be Borbora's niece 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

The lurpak with the knife ready and waiting kills me 🤣 is that courgette in there?! Why is it so crunchy?! I have so many questions…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The lurpak with the knife ready and waiting kills me 🤣 is that courgette in there?! Why is it so crunchy?! I have so many questions…
Honestly, if you’ve got time and in need of a good laugh, read those threads. I only done a pesto and it was bleeping awful. I scratch my head at how bad it was. Some people really invested time and money into the ingredients for theirs. The positive is we raised a lot for charity as a result.
Please go and have a read.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think 🤔 that may be a potato 🥔 ricer tenderstem
Thank you so much(I think it's you it was a carrot I'm sure) for your mash in the microwave and then potato ricer tip. I have to limit my mash intake 😭 health wise and this is perfect for just making a portion for someone else- the speed gives me less time to dwell 😢 on not serving myself any ( and then I have the peel left in the ricer to give me a hint of it though 😂}
Chetna Makan posted a gorgeous lemon and mango loaf cake on her YT channel today.

Clean, light, airy kitchen ✅
Good camera work, lighting and sound (plus captions if anyone can't understand her accent) ✅
Friendly, articulate presenting style with clear instructions ✅
Allusions to family and friends loving the recipe ✅
Decent, edible-looking cake at the end with a an interesting twist on a classice flavour ✅

I don't think the captions are for accent reasons, I think they're always helpful for people who watch on mute and as extra confirmation of the steps and words. They'd be no assistance with guests woeful blathering though.
Ah, Jack’s boogly eyed skeleton and wonky bummed nekkid lady tattoo, inspired by a very meaningful sketch she’s “obsessed with”…
View attachment 2287890
@The carlin identified the “sketch” inspiration. Basically Jack wanted
View attachment 2287891and ended up with THIS.
View attachment 2287892That tattooist must have absolutely bleeping hated her.
I think we're missing what was In front of us all along...it's Da Slopi Code and the upon the arse cheek rests....the holy bollock sausages.
Why are they so white? Like mayo? I don't know any Indian dishes that are white? I can only guess she hasn't troubled them with many spices.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what are the objects on the fish korma? They look a bit like raisins but that wouldn't go with fish would it?

View attachment 2287960

And she had the nerve to criticise Jamie for his jollof rice.
There are both white and raisin+fish containing currys/south Asian dishes, but as always nothing at all like guests.
If guest offered you vinegar on your chips it would be from the acidic medley stewing in the milk bottle, and then your eggs would be fried in the fridge jar of mixed oil that'd have more globules than a lava lamp. All guests recipes/descriptions contain a suprise appetite suppressant.
They are indeed sultanas.
View attachment 2288862
Oh god it's 4 to 1 fish to raisins!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
When I was a pov (and not just chronically skint as I am now) I would buy a tin of Happy Shopper rice pudding from the corner shop, I think it was about 10p*, and my children would have that cold for dinner.

*if only I had painstakingly kept records of what food cost back then, so I could forensically and repeatedly regurgitate my pov story in a manner that may rival guest's.
I prefer tinned rice pudding cold anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Slopalong:

Slopalong 2:

Slopalong 3:

• Heart
Reactions: 30
That skeleton tattoo she has is so typical of a “oooh I’m so edgy and unique me” type of person. It has everything…a naked lady on a bird???? How shocking! I bet you wear trazzers as well! and a skeleton, ooomg you’re so disturbed and damaged to be thinking about death all the time wow!! And they’re shagging, whoooh so kinky and sexy!

I’d normally expect to see that tattoo on someone who thinks she’s very very interesting cos she wears corsets and pentagram jewellery, probably has a list of ‘favourite’ serial killers and once went to a burlesque show with her husband for his birthday and on a special occasion gets out the fluffy pink handcuffs and blindfold from ann summers.

which makes it even funnier to see it on Jack who, despite her best efforts and constantly trying on different looks and covering herself with tattoos, always manages to look like Jackie the very sheltered mousy girl from your school who was obsessed with horses.
It’s Auntie Pat’s mate Linda who dyes her hair purple with box dye from Superdrug, owns a snake and has a really smelly house, and likes to post memes on Facebook about how she’s cool and not like the other girls, despite being a 58 year old GPs receptionist.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.