Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by Greenbelt, nominated by @HansThatDoDishes , congratulations, you win a Bank Holiday weekend camping in a tent in the rain.

Guest is still silently, softly, gently lurking behind a locked twitter account, her follower count is dropping like a stone and her patreon is finally down below 400 subscribers:
1688475002834.png

While Jack is still refusing to give us a chaos, we've been looking back at her greatest hits.

Greenbelt have issued a statement which is basically "yeah we didn't do any due diligence but we can't un-invite her now, can we?" which is not being well received on the hellsite.

Welcome to our new ninnies, wiki is the pink button up at the top. Please make sure any thread title nominations say "thread title nomination" and please don't nominate anything with swearsies.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I demand a chaos. I have watched many from afar and unable to participate. How dare she ruin my first weekend as a member on here.

tHe AuDaCiTy

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Second ;)

I love that there are so many new members now - can someone clever make one of those polls which might tell us something interesting about membership?

Reactions: 46
Any newbies not aware the watch button at the top is helpful to keep track of threads you like.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'd like to take this opportunity to implore all of our new frauleins to read Thread 31. A real insight into the mind of guest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
I'd like to take this opportunity to implore all of our new frauleins to read Thread 31. A real insight into the mind of guest.
I regularly read it again. The best bits are the comments just ignoring guest entirely and also the comments just after before people realise she is there 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I demand a chaos. I have watched many from afar and unable to participate. How dare she ruin my first weekend as a member on here.

tHe AuDaCiTy
Patience, dear heart, have patience. You’ll never forget your first chaos. One must be on the way, and has the potential to be spectacular.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Any newbies not aware the watch button at the top is helpful to keep track of threads you like.
Yes, thank(space)you. I hate reading 'just taking a seat!'or 'just parking!'
comments for the first two pages of a new thread.

Also, about the alleged Emin, she said the story was a wild ride but all it was was her cooking something then her friend gave her a drawing?

That was neither wild nor a ride, Jack 'Training Wheels' Munroe.

Add that to the list. 🤡

ETA 🥕

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Yes, thank(space)you. I hate reading 'just taking a seat!'or 'just parking!'
comments for the first two pages of a new thread.

Also, about the alleged Emin, she said the story was a wild tide but all it was was her cooking something then her friend gave her a drawing?

That was neither wild nor a ride, Jack 'Training Wheels' Munroe.

Add that to the list. 🤡
Maybe after eating her food he thought he was near death so gave away all his worldly possessions ?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I’ve been here for like 18 months and still can’t bring myself to read the fabled Thread 31. Too much cringe will have me in the circus as the famous inside out woman.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Mithering back to suspicion of newbies - I knew how to post a gif/quote when I first signed up here. I've been posting in various forums since about 2002, it's really easy to work out how to use the functions, it's hardly cracking the Enigma code. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Mithering back to suspicion of newbies - I knew how to post a gif/quote when I first signed up here. I've been posting in various forums since about 2002, it's really easy to work out how to use the functions, it's hardly cracking the Enigma code. 😂
Yep. I recently joined a discord group for the first time, It took me all of five minutes to work out how to post photos and links and so on.

Reactions: 22
Even I managed to work out how to strikethrough and that is quite an achievement for someone who once managed to cc in every employee of the housing department of a city council in an email once (🍉). With read receipts on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
So one of us might be a Jack sock 🥳
I don’t think it’s me but I’m going to check

job ✅
OH who hasn’t left ✅
Patreon ❌
PayPal ❌
Glastonbury sized bell site following ❌
Alcoholic ❌
J1g fan ❌ (sweet Jesus you wouldn’t dare here)

damn I don’t think I meet any of the criteria but….
Jack if your reading, please please please wait till next week for a chaos cause I’m off and can sit and watch live with a fizzy drink
Toodles

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Screenshot_20230704-143208_Opera.jpg

@Mr Krabs

The print (or whatever it was) we saw was in one of the early places Jack stayed when she was in rehab (before the Locke aparthotel).

• Wow
Reactions: 38
I’ve been here for like 18 months and still can’t bring myself to read the fabled Thread 31. Too much cringe will have me in the circus as the famous inside out woman.
I'm not sure about cringe, but it was fascinating seeing her spinning like a Dickensian Poor's top and bringing out ALL the techniques and excuses in the space of about 5 posts!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Vague baiting posts are against the rules, either spill the tea or say nothing - Please read our rules and why they're important
Hi all. I don’t want to hijack things, and sorry this is off-topic, but I hoped I could say hello. I wanted to provide some proof that I really was ‘Awfully Molly’ but I’ve deleted absolutely everything that was ever related to my Twitter, Medium account and website, so I don’t think I can. I don’t think I’m at all interesting enough for someone to impersonate, but I fully understand if you don’t feel you can trust me. Hell, even if you do believe I’m Molly you might not feel I’m trustworthy, and I can respect that.

I was a long-time Tattle lurker, though never a member. I did stop reading here for quite a while after things kicked off with Molly on Twitter - it was fun to read the initial reaction, but once the criticism began (a lot of it fair, some maybe not) I needed to step away. You had the right to comment on what I was putting out in the public domain of course, I’d be a massive hypocrite to suggest otherwise!

What’s interesting looking back is how upset or indignant I’d feel when someone called me a liar, when I knew that I actually was one. I do wonder if that’s what it’s like for Jack et al., I’d read ‘it’s bs that English isn’t her first language, clearly it is’ and be furious about it - even though it was true! If you can justify your lies/actions to yourself, it’s quite easy to turn anyone calling you out on it into a villain.

I do regret lying - particularly the English as a second language one, that was an angry and petulant response to one of Jack’s fans calling me a terrible writer. The immigration stuff felt like less of a lie, because it was, to my mind, close enough to the truth - I was born in the UK but my parents weren’t, and I spent large chunks of my childhood living elsewhere. There was nothing more sinister to it than trying to throw people off from my actual identity, but there were better red herrings to choose, and I think comments that I enjoyed playing a character too much are probably fair. I did confess without being caught out, because it felt wrong to keep lying when people were confiding in me and trusting me. There were some really interesting and fun people I got to engage with, it was the best part of the whole thing.

Other regrets include giving a quote to the Mail Online. Eurgh. They completely butchered that article too, which was probably the comeuppance I deserved. I got excited that someone was finally listening. I know I’ve come in for some criticism regarding promoting other fundraisers. I’m not sure about this, because I was never anti crowdfunding, I just called for transparency. The cat one was maybe daft and impulsive - I have no idea what happened in the end with that. All I can say is that I really like cats! For the other one, it was someone who had always been kind and supportive from day 1, and I felt that they had provided a lot of evidence that the situation as they described it was accurate. I wanted to help, and I genuinely believed them. As far as I’m aware there’s been nothing to suggest I was wrong, but I’ve largely kept away from Twitter, and particularly the Jack corner of it, since deactivating the AM account.

I know I went a bit loopy at the end. It got really frightening in the last few weeks - it’s all I thought about. I was getting bizarre messages all over the place, people were claiming to know who I was and sent me photos of a child insisting it was mine and proof they knew me (it wasn’t). I felt scared for myself and also like I was putting others at risk. They were probably just trolls enjoying winding me up, but it felt really sinister to be in the middle of it. I had messages from people saying that 4Chan were looking into me and were going to destroy me. I think my boyfriend (fiancé, now!) would have left me if I hadn’t stepped away, and I don’t blame him. I wasn’t easy to be around. It was the right choice, and life is good now. I know I was a relatively small account so this all sounds like I just have an ego problem, but it really is hard to have perspective when you’re in the midst of things.

The other thing that was hard to manage was the number of people hurt by Jack who seemed quite vulnerable. I’d get messages from people giving me their phone numbers asking to chat, or telling me truly heartbreaking stories. I tried to listen and empathise but I felt very out of my depth. This escalated when I said I was looking into Jess Taylor too. It felt like too much responsibility and I was terrified of doing more harm than good.

Anyway, this has turned into more of an essay than I anticipated! Sorry for that. Hopefully I can work out how to stick this behind a spoiler so people can skip it. I’ll finish with this:

1.I’ve seen a few people on here and Twitter say I started a patreon/tipjar etc. I didn’t. I never suggested I would. I’m not sure where that’s come from. I never took a penny from anyone. I did make a little money from ad revenue in the last few weeks, around £300.

2. I’m sorry people feel I stole from here without giving credit. I did mention Tattle a few times, maybe not enough. Of course I used the wiki and media sections and they were hugely useful. I would say it was more work than just copying and pasting though, and I spent a lot of time trawling through old interviews and articles, as well as the wayback machine, to find my own resources too.

3. It’s not a coincidence that Jack has never been invited back on Saturday Kitchen. I can’t spill the tea, and you’d have no reason to believe me anyway, but she lost herself a lot of good will with important people through the DKL process, largely through her own hubris and refusal to listen to advice.

4. People in the industry have been privately calling her out for years. She’ll get the odd gig here and there I’m sure, but her name is mud amongst those with real influence. There’s a lot of relief that she is being called out publicly now.

5. Trifle Defender is lovely. Just an incredibly kind, smart and interesting person. I miss chatting with her.

Thank you if you read all that! I hope it’s vaguely interesting to some of you.

View attachment 2284217

@Mr Krabs

The print (or whatever it was) we saw was in one of the early places Jack stayed when she was in rehab (before the Locke aparthotel).
Thank you! It’s very easy to mix things up after so many threads.

But at least in searching for the Emin post I came across some arse clenching vintage cringe that the newbies might enjoy.

IMG_4995.jpeg

IMG_4997.jpeg

Also Jack thinks every speech is a keynote.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.