Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How come her Twitter account hasn't been suspended. She appears to have broken at

least two of their rules on abusive behaviour - threatening violence (drink throwing) and encouraging others to be abusive.

She really needs, for her own sake as much as anything else, to have SM taken away from her.

Reactions: 35
This isn't about his books. As many have said here, they are obviously lazy, stereotyping and racist. However, if you wanted to do something about it there are ways to do this.

Her gleeful remarks about her DMs being on fire, alluding to #MeToo and now calling out for a deleted chapter of his autobiography. This all smells like an attempt to take down a man she dislikes? She has worked herself into a pure frenzy over it. This is vicious, she is a horrible person. The other day when @heretoreaditall2019 said she's dark and scary and some people were unsure, 👏have👏a 👏 look 👏now👏
Yes, you're absolutely spot on. This is just hateful and I reckon she's doing it cos she thinks he's an easy target. It's really sinister.

Reactions: 29
I do think she banks on the internet having a very quick memory. She said all that distasteful stuff about David Cameron's kid but then got a partnership with Hellmans/Unilever a few years and still has maintained regular bylines in newspapers.

I just hope by going after people in a publishing houses (i.e. the ones who directly pay her salary), she won't be able to get away with it.
She sells words! Bylines everywhere! ‘Commission me!’

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think that if he gets involved it just gives her more self importance. You can see how others are acting and retreating. His team are most likely sitting back watching as she single handedly destroys her own tv career. No one is going to want to be involved with her after this.
He’s in the ITV clique so no more gigs there, Matt is terrified of bumping into her again so no BBC and THAT MAN is on channel 4. Maybe she could try channel 5? Would people be up for a bit of awkwardly produced slop after Neighbours?

I hope he doesn’t engage himself but his team shut her up. He’s been trending for hours now so something will have to be said.

All tweeting and no work makes Jack a mere toy....

• Haha
Reactions: 37
He’s in the ITV clique so no more gigs there, Matt is terrified of bumping into her again so no BBC and THAT MAN is on channel 4. Maybe she could try channel 5? Would people be up for a bit of awkwardly produced slop after Neighbours?

I hope he doesn’t engage himself but his team shut her up. He’s been trending for hours now so something will have to be said.

All tweeting and no work makes Jack a mere toy....
Has she actually got his name trending because of this? For sure that will come to his attention

• Sad
Reactions: 18
She is a nasty hole.

Like I’ve said before, I’ve met DW and he was really rude, and I’ve never forgotten it, but this is so unpleasant, opportunistic and pathetic. I can’t believe she’s so cack-handed as to make me feel sorry for him!

Edited to add, I normally try and stay away from name calling but I can’t think of another way to articulate how she is right now

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
Honestly I'd be so here for this. I hate recipes with expensive ingredients I may never use again. I'm slowly building up my spices but I also need to buy salt and pepper so there's like £4 gone from my weekly shop already
Do you have a low waste / refill shop nearby? That would be a good way of buying small amounts of ingredients so you wouldn’t waste money or food. There might be options online but they may require you to order a minimum amount

Reactions: 15
It's funny though, for all her protestations on class & wealth, she really stays away from any discourse on landlords & their part to play in driving up rents / exploiting people living in poverty / providing unacceptable housing... I assume she's set to inherit those properties at some point and become a cog in the oppressive regime herself?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I still cannot believe what I'm seeing. Attempting to ruin someone's career because you don't like his books?! Because you're clearly angry at rich and succesful people? Because your fiancee left? Because your son has a good relationship with his dad? Because you were poor for a year?

The only career she'll ruin is her own. And then she really will go back into poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Yes, you're absolutely spot on. This is just hateful and I reckon she's doing it cos she thinks he's an easy target. It's really sinister.

Sinister is the word. The way she acted when she popped up here properly gave me the heebie jeebies. Something about that "shant". There really is a possessed feeling about it. Hateful spiteful triumphalism.

Reactions: 37
She’s not happy with her own life so she’s trying to destroy someone else’s.

She’s not even 3 months out of a long term relationship. She’s clearly hurting. This is not the way to solve how she feels.

I’ve seen some really nasty stuff on twitter and I’ve been on the receiving end of a lot myself but this is vile.

Anyone cheering this on really needs to take a huge long hard stare at themselves

Jack. Don’t ever complain about this site or online bullying ever again. You crossed a line you should not have crossed last night and instead of saying sorry you have doubled down into over the top bullying and nastiness.

I’m sorry I spent a single penny buying any of your books. I won’t make that mistake again. That’s for sure.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Quick Google suggests DW is worth about 17 million. I somehow doubt he's sat at home monitoring Twitter and worrying about this.

It's all very reminiscent of when she went after JO and there were cries for a collaboration, when the last person he collaborated with was Oprah.

Why would he want to sit down for a coffee with her? To hear her amazing insights into race?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m sorry I spent a single penny buying any of your books. I won’t make that mistake again. That’s for sure.
Same. I've still got a couple of them and don't know what to do with them. Don't even want to take them to a charity shop because I don't want anyone getting influenced or caught into her lies.

• Heart
Do you have a low waste / refill shop nearby? That would be a good way of buying small amounts of ingredients so you wouldn’t waste money or food. There might be options online but they may require you to order a minimum amount
there is one online that delivers so thanks! time to browse 👀😁
Feel sorry for the abuse this poster is going to get.
Looking at the response to her most recent tweet and some of her fans are definitely against this - likely the ones who've defended her in the past just because they don't like the idea of anyone being bullied online but are now seeing jack in all her "glory"

Walliams is trending again. She's gotten exactly what she wanted :rolleyes: . Hope she enjoys this, because the wasteland that's coming won't be pretty...

Although some of the tweets aren't, erm, part of this it seems 😳:ROFLMAO:

walliams.jpg.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
She’s jealous. She could only dream of selling 37 million copies of her books. Although in Jack’s world, that would only translate to £2.94 in royalties 🙄
Imagine her having her hav to post 37 mil books
But ...you didn't pick up on this until your son had read like 5 books by David walliams?! And we've all been stuck indoors for months?

This is a dig at his poor dad, isn't it? :cautious:
Grunka-ing at the hairdressers (finally) SB will very soon no doubt want to live with his Dad permanently. What a joyless home life it must be with JM 😔

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I was thinking about this sort of thing earlier, I agree about the cheap pesto. I have only ever made my own when I've had extra money to buy basil, I'm currently growing it from a sad supermarket plant that I separated and repotted. I found out how to do this from a gardener I follow on IG. I have spent extra before on these plants and then they have immediately died and been wasted/money lost.

I would also like to try and figure out a way to make up a useful set of basic herbs/spices in smallish amounts for a reasonable price, it takes so long to build up a set when you can only get one at a time.
A set that would be useful for as many things as possible while not being too intimidating for those new to cooking, ideally packaged in a way that could be supplied to foodbanks.

There's been so many excellent contributions to these threads along these lines. I would happily begin putting some kind of resource together if anyone else wants to get involved? I'm not working and shielding at the moment so have time to devote to this.
Most basic spices work out incredibly cheap if you buy Fudco or TRS - under £1 for 100g retail. Natco, who sell things in tubs, are slightly dearer because of that - around £1.50. Rajah do tins, but they are more expensive. I think that below 100g, it's difficult for them to make it worth their while - just because the supermarkets charge over 3 times the price for an English label (30g for around £1), that doesn't mean spices are actually expensive. Caribbean brands are also cheap.

You'd need

Sea salt (as standard salt is vile)
Black Pepper in a refillable grinder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Ginger Powder

After that, what you could do is issue mixtures - Garam Masala or 'Mild Curry Powder', Caribbean 'All Purpose Seasoning', Ras el Hanout, etc. but not everybody would want it, especially if it has a foreign sounding name.

Perhaps a tube of tomato puree and a jar or tube of easy garlic/ginger/chilli would work?

There isn't really a way to package up

Cumin
Coriander
Cinnamon
Chilli flakes
Kashmiri chilli powder (as Cayenne is too hot for a lot of people and if they wanted more heat, they could add the flakes)
Turmeric
Pimento/Allspice
Caraway
Paprika
Soy
Dill
Chives
Thyme
Rosemary
Oregano
Sage

and everything else in a small pack. Hello Fresh do for their boxes, but they are miniscule amounts, barely enough for a meal and they charge through the nose for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yeah, that one is weirdly sexual. Are you coming on to @MancBee ? This isn't Tinder, you know. 🙃

It wasn't my fault!!! Honestly!!! The gifs conspired against me 🤣🤣🤣🤣
With hindsight I shouldn't have complained to the Kremlin about me not receiving my payments yet....

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.