Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, uh, where to begin???

I'm speechless how she thought this was a good idea. The only thing I can surmise is that she now lives her life solely through twitter. It's COOL to be gobby on twitter - you could go viral! Going viral means likes and fame and all the other things she craves. She gets to be an 'activist' by typing out a few controversial tweets and gets a bunch of smoke blown up her arse for what, um, really isn't a controversial opinion...

Tbh I have no problem with what she's said in the initial tweets. I've never read any of these books, and I've never actually seen Little Britain (parents wouldn't let me and I always thought it looked awful anyway), but I do agree with her that some of the stuff she highlighted is offensive. I'm dubious that anything that gets kids reading is a good thing, but also happy to defer to people who actually have children (I don't) on that one, and I also read some pretty offensive stuff as a kid and I turned out as 'woke' as they come.

But the other stuff? I genuinely can't believe she insinuated DW takes drugs to write his books. I can't believe she's revelling in the 'chaos' she's causing. The utter HYPOCRISY of her banging on about being 'set on' by his 'publishing world' (lol) followers when she knows exactly what she's doing whenever she orchestrates a pile on. [TW: sexual assault] And duck OFF with the vaguebooking and thinly veiled threats - I feel incredibly gross that she is gleefully wielding sexual assault like a weapon. The absolute bleeping privilege of being able to revel in causing havoc, knowing that you'll be believed and protected by thousands of supporters. So many survivors do NOT have that. I will always believe women when they say they have experienced sexual assault, but it honestly feels like she's trivialising it.

We are also definitely in for Jack Monroe the childrens book author and/or Jack Monroe the erotica author - perhaps at the same time?? Wouldn't surprise me, her publisher seems to go for any bleeping thing.
Yep - agree totally.
I don’t disagree with the problems she has highlighted about the books - lazy and racial stereotypes, etc. But it’s the WAY she’s gone about it - saying he doesn’t write the books and using that (now deleted) cokehead Henry gif. Cheap shots like that will undermine anything worthy she has to say.

Well done to the woman who worked with DW and her dignified response. Don’t bring her into it, you moron!

If Jack brings out her series of books about a girl called Jack and her bendy kitten I’ll laugh up a lung and quietly fume.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
42CFD4E9-127F-4072-B21F-D5FB58E49686.jpeg

I fear the phenomenon which will follow fake news is #jacklogic

She didn’t @ him but her asterisking of his name left no doubt. Who read that Tweet and thought “Dovid Walliums? Divid Walliems? Who on earth is she referring to?”
No one, absolutely no one
It was even less subtle than That Man

I’m baffled to see people defending her

• Haha
Reactions: 43
View attachment 173526 murder threats from followers again???
The first follower must think legal action is like the 5 second rule, hun she started this beef at like 11pm at night on a Sunday - I don’t think Walliams is going to issue a court summons until at least midday Monday 😉

View attachment 173537
this highlights how little attention her followers actually pay to her career!
Right - next time, there’s not been a first time hun she’s culinary TV anthrax?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This is so petty but now I’ve noticed it, I can’t un-see it. When THAT WOMAN is angry on Twitter she starts to use people’s names in her reply tweets. Or if they are anonymous, she’ll try and use a version of their username.

I find it very irritating.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
View attachment 173531
I fear the phenomenon which will follow fake news is #jacklogic

She didn’t @ him but her asterisking of his name left no doubt. Who read that Tweet and thought “Dovid Walliums? Divid Walliems? Who on earth is she referring to?”
No one, absolutely no one
It was even less subtle than That Man

I’m baffled to see people defending her
Plus as mouthy as she likes to think she is, the fact she didn't tag him shows how much of a chicken she is. All bark and no bite. If you're going to start Twitter beef then at least have the balls to do it properly. She loves the idea of confrontation more than an actual confrontation.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just wanted to say post partum hair loss is normal just remembered a podcast I listened to it just seems worse due to less shedding whilst pregnant:-

After pregnancy
The rise in hormones during pregnancykeeps you from losing your hair. Afterdelivery, the hormones return to normal levels, which allows the hair to fall outand return to the normal cycle. The normal hair loss that was delayed during pregnancy may fall out all at once.

Hope that helps xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Plus as mouthy as she likes to think she is, the fact she didn't tag him shows how much of a chicken she is. All bark and no bite. If you're going to start Twitter beef then at least have the balls to do it properly. She loves the idea of confrontation more than an actual confrontation.
and she’s waited until the tide has already turned against DW so He’s quite a safe person to try and ‘cancel’ on twitter...what a bleeping pioneer lioness

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This is so petty but now I’ve noticed it, I can’t un-see it. When THAT WOMAN is angry on Twitter she starts to use people’s names in her reply tweets. Or if they are anonymous, she’ll try and use a version of their username.

Isn’t making a habit of using people’s names a trick to build charisma, which can then be used to achieve your social / career goals? Someone needs to tell her that it doesn’t have the same effect if you’re being passive aggressive and rude

• Haha
Reactions: 27

It’s weird, it’s a very faux profesh thing, like when she was answering on behalf of DKL after they asked her to (😏) it was all, ‘Yes, absolutely, Bridget.’ and ‘Yes, absolutely, Jim.’ It is her arrogance coming to the fore.

@chocolate choux Yes, exactly that.

and she’s waited until the tide has already turned against DW so He’s quite a safe person to try and ‘cancel’ on twitter...what a bleeping pioneer lioness

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Erm it sounds to me like it's pure jealousy. He gets someone to write some books stick his name on them and makes money. She has scribble away all by herself for what she calls pittance. Envy is a terrible colour, please stop wearing it.
I'd like to edit this as I have since found out he writes them himself. Sorry david

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What the duck must Louisa be thinking this morning?

I can't believe how many messages I put up on here overnight, I feel like Jack!

Seriously though, I do hope that there is some kind of repercussion, you simply cannot tell over a quarter of a million people that a bestselling author is face down in a mountain of cocaine while he's writing. She has first hand experience of libel, and as the victim too. Repeatedly "getting away with" this kind of nonsense is not helping with the ego. I actually hope he sues the absolute tit out of her, she's gone way beyond a pile on this time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

Seriously though, I do hope that there is some kind of repercussion, you simply cannot tell over a quarter of a million people that a bestselling author is face down in a mountain of cocaine while he's writing. She has first hand experience of libel, and as the victim too. Repeatedly "getting away with" this kind of nonsense is not helping with the ego. I actually hope he sues the absolute tit out of her, she's gone way beyond a pile on this time.
All for 300 ish extra followers. Hope they all chip in for the lawyer to fly back.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
THIS. There is nothing controversial about finding DW problematic - he very clearly is. She's in a safe niche. More controversial would be if she went for JKR, and given she's supposedly SUCH a trans ally, wouldn't now perhaps be a good opportunity to call her out on her opinions? But given that lots of her supporters will probably be on JKR's side, and she clearly has no issue with SB reading Harry Potter (as she's alluded to multiple times), I guess standing up for trans rights is too bleeping much for St Jack.

I remember a pal of mine (with quite a large twitter following) once called out David Attenborough. I agreed with the tweets - yes, he's a natural treasure blah-di-blah but some of his political views verge - to me, anyway - on the eco-fascist side (ie. nature must be protected from humans/there are toooo many people etc). But HOO BOY did that go down terribly. THAT'S a controversial opinion Jack - not pointing out lazy stereotypes that I'm sure have already been highlighted by others way before you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

I woke up at 3am, couldn’t get back to sleep, read the news, checked my emails, thought I’d just have the littlest check on here and there were 20 pages to grunka

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What hits me is that Jack is not innocent to judgement
She thinks "poor people's" diet needs cultivating to "upper class" trends and standards. We can see this in how she makes fashionable food ideas "affordable for poor people"
Maybe people who are living on less are fine with beans on toast. Chicken and chips. Soup out of a tin. And jacket potatoes

I haven't worded this well but does anyone get where I'm coming from?

Lower income people don't need fixing to be like richer people.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.