Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have got a horrible feeling she is planning a series of children's books featuring Pretzel - the little kitten who found a loving home with a quirky maverick owner. They both confronted their disabilities together and in doing so became better people/kittens.
I really hope you get some royalties when this happens.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
No, showing a small extract for review is not breaching copyright. She's still a dick though.

Also, David William's books are problematic and lazy in my humble opinion, but none of the examples she quoted are really the problem, AND, more importantly, BE KIND!!!!! KINDNESS MATTERS. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT COMMENT. SCROLL ON. Etc., Etc.
She's a bleep whatever way you look at it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The being nice on twitter thing obviously didn’t get her enough likes/new followers then

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Holy tit, she's in a mess again tonight isn't she? I mean, if you disagree with the way minorities or social classes are being portrayed by an author and you want to do something about it... this ain't it Jack.

Reactions: 37
My kids are grown up so they missed the Walliams books but I say if they encourage boys to read and the kids enjoy them then that’s a good thing.
exactly. No matter what your opinion is on DW theres just no need to go in on anyone like this, literally no need. I think someone’s bored.

Reactions: 30
I don’t find David Walliams / Little Britain funny, just not my thing, but I understand that we’re supposed to be laughing at the ridiculous characters and not with them - they are the objects of comedy with their ignorance and bigotry

Of course this can be hard for some people to understand, such as children (and those who share the characters’ beliefs). If I was concerned that my child was misunderstanding the books, I would talk to them about it - “that guy who laughs at poor people is silly, right?”

You know, have a discussion rather than tearing the author apart on Twitter. If SB has read all DW’s books he clearly enjoys them, and outright sending the message that his (SB’s) opinion is wrong isn’t the way to go

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Mm yes such a toss up for school children - Jack Monroe visiting or David Walliams. Mm that is a puzzler.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
My children are all grown up now, but I am aware of how popular David Walliams’ books are with younger readers. I really hope he bites back, I’d love to see her get her arse handed to her by him. Walliams can be quite the bitchy queen at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.