Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Congratulations to newcomer @meizee for the thread title based on a squiggle’s tweet that they can’t afford to send cash-o to Jack, but they could crochet something (they have a lot of yarn, apparently) your prize is looking after Jack’s social media accounts for the day.

It’s finally happening - Jack wrote a beg too far and twitter is alight with people showing discrepancies all over the place. Real journalists and big accounts are watching and liking.
wiki is pink button at the top, write “thread title” with any nominations and no naughty swears in them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 124

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Can't screenshot, but someone just tweeted this:

"Weird, Jack Monroe sued the shit out of Katie Hopkins, but won’t dignify the writer of that thread with a response so as not to “hand them the mic”. I WONDER WHAT COULD ACCOUNT FOR THIS DIFFERENCE I guess we’ll never know, one of life’s mysteries"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122

jenny2603

VIP Member
It’s the ‘I hope you’re happy now’ that I can’t get over.
Never any self reflection or apology. The world is the problem.
WHY SHOULD I BE HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR LIES I TOLD JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE NOTICED? IT'S SO UNFAIR.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122

Hyacinthsquash

VIP Member
Hello tattlers.. found my way across here after spotting THE tweet. Have seen Jack pop up on my Twitter feed loads recently, admittedly don’t know much about her but find her tweets irritating and self centred as fuck so I’ll be here quietly scrolling to educate myself a little more 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 120

Falkor

VIP Member
She only has to scream MENTAL HEALTH down the phone at them asking for a comment and they will back off. There has been too many semi-famous people damaged or even worse by gotcha press.

Anyway - the AmazingThread from that gorgeous human that really gets it has shared this Tweet of the Week - if not of the year.

For your delectation.
At the rate we're filling up this thread, I'm putting in a thread title nomination for:

No one should be donating to a character from a Pulp song.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117

Emmapism

VIP Member
I'm all caught up and I actually feel a bit.....emotional? Like we've been shouting about this into the void for years and nobody listened 😭

Now they are I don't really know what to do with myself hah

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 117
Thanks Jack, I've got fuck all done the last two days because of this.

Btw I strongly suspect she may be one of the posters staunchly defending herself on the MN thread. Her irritability gives her away.

ETA: v long term lurker and occasional poster, I had to get dragged out of the woodwork for this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 115

jenny2603

VIP Member
This seems like the best solution for Jack's woes. Well done that Squig!

Screenshot 2022-08-02 19.26.59.png

Jack should move in with Nigella! What a superb idea. How can we make this happen?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 115

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Ah yes. Matthew Wright and his considered, forensic broadcasting. Like when he named John Leslie as an accused rapist on live TV, despite Ulrika saying she didn’t want to name her attacker, causing a media shitstorm. Or when he got viewers to call in and debate whether they’d fuck Amanda Knox. Bet the family of Meredith Kercher had a right belly laugh over that one. Not to mention he was once a Sun journalist, so as a lifelong Liverpool fan, Jack must surely have some objection to that?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 112