Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ink hasn't even settled on her 🎇acceptance tattoo🎇 and here she is refusing to accept the glaring inconsistencies in her own statements. Its mental. bleeping mental.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
Interesting, isn't it, that when presented with screenshots of her own comments, the only one she'll pick up on is the price of a watch. None of the other inconsistencies such as the rough sleeping one.
All the same, she refuses to give oxygen to any of this so perhaps its SB who's typing.
She will gloss over the biggies and get to the bungalow with stairs which is allowed apparently

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Interesting how she goes "You don't know what I paid for my dog", but when asked if she rescued the puppy, she ignores it. Always carfully dancing on the line between lying and omitting information.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Thanks Jack, I've got duck all done the last two days because of this.

Btw I strongly suspect she may be one of the posters staunchly defending herself on the MN thread. Her irritability gives her away.

ETA: v long term lurker and occasional poster, I had to get dragged out of the woodwork for this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 115
Her USP is poverty so she daren’t admit she’s not on the bones of her arse if she thinks she’ll lose all cred. Also, she doesn’t want to turn down all these thousands of free pounds plopping into her account every month like the magic money fairy.

She’s a greedy, inconsistent liar. I wouldn’t even say she’s smart with all these receipts fluttering about everywhere. She can’t even lie honestly.
What I don’t quite get is why, after a whole decade of the POV, she thinks this is still such a selling point?! Why would anyone be inspired by and want to take tips from someone whose whole identity was based on pulling yourself out of the POV by your bootstraps but is still poor, and to such an extent?
Clunky analogy but I work for an organisation who provide peer support for those struggling in a particular area of mental health, and all of us who work there once suffered from said issue but aren’t anymore (it’s a time bound issue which usually doesn’t last for an extended period 🔺) and I just can’t see how it would be helpful for us to provide support which was essentially ‘yeah it’s tit and no matter what you do it won’t get better’?!

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Did anyone else notice that Jack chose to throw her ex under a bus (again) with her essay while LJC was abroad? I hope she has Jack on mute, but it's a crappy thing to do and undoubtedly done to get to her (I had an old boyfriend who did the same, funnily enough when I was enjoying a holiday). I tend not to mention LJC nowadays as she's getting on with her life and glowed up, but I feel this is relevant to what an odious character Jack is.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Mm I'm betting Jack is actually getting enquiries now from media organisations about all this. Asking if she'd like the chance to clear up misunderstandings about her finances.
Only she can't. Oops.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Ah yes. Matthew Wright and his considered, forensic broadcasting. Like when he named John Leslie as an accused rapist on live TV, despite Ulrika saying she didn’t want to name her attacker, causing a media shitstorm. Or when he got viewers to call in and debate whether they’d duck Amanda Knox. Bet the family of Meredith Kercher had a right belly laugh over that one. Not to mention he was once a Sun journalist, so as a lifelong Liverpool fan, Jack must surely have some objection to that?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 112
Flailing and going on the attack
Picking small specific details and denying them furiously whilst ignoring the bigger picture
Appealing to God as the only ultimate judge

….are ALL classic, TEXTBOOK hallmarks of the cornered liar, Jack. And that’s from actual FORENSIC psychology.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I thought she had no dog insurance as the vet bills wiped out her account?
At this stage, we'd be as well trying to make sense of goose honks. She just says whatever is convenient in the moment.

Squig: "Hang on Jack, I thought you said..."
Jack: HOOOOOOOOOOOONK
Squig: "But You said..."
Jack: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK.

• Haha
Reactions: 88
She’s throwing LJC under the bus as she can’t reply. She lived with her and basically was complicit in her pretending to be poor. I’m sure she is massively embarrassed now she realises.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
You only answered to the taxman when they came after you for failing to file company accounts!
You repeatedly failed to answer legitimate enquiries from people who supported your Kickstarter, which raked in nearly 70K.
You fail to answer the people on your timeline who have donated to your various jar rattles.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.