Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did her son have a phone when he was 7? 🤔
When I worked in a school, apart from a couple of outliers, the kids who had a phone with a SIM at that age (instead of a simless hand me down in lieu of an iPad) had one thing in common. Separated parents, where one parent was concerned about the other and wanted the child to have an independent way of being able to contact them while with that parent.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Jack ends her orrible but innocuous Moonshine Mash recipe with "Best wishes, Jack" which is just very funny. "I gave them my best wishes and they demanded my DEATH"
Life is so much harder for Jack than other people.

*Scene, Jack enters her local shop*

Jack: Good Morning, has my copy of Grifter Weekly arrived yet?
Shop Man: DIE bleep!

*Scene, Jack enters the Post Office*

Jack: Hi, I'd like to send a parcel to Nottingham
Post Office Man: I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS. DIEEEEEEEEE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
The ghost of John Frieda* rattles his shampoo bottles at her as he wafts about the crappy bungalow.

*I don't know if John Frieda is alive or dead so this could be my RIP Viv.
He’s alive! I googled. John Frieda rip forever now. He was married to Lulu - she had some fun husbands. Who did well? Talia Balsam husband 1 George Clooney husband 2 almost more dreamy John Slattery. Well played.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
It's the old story, can't afford milk for his Weetabix or jam for his bread, can afford a totally pointless phone.
No harm to her but if she did indeed write an entire book on a nokia its not a bit of wonder she had achey hands. Shes probably got carpal tunnel sydrome. Ffs! I get sore hands after a texting conversation organising something, nevermind trying to be dickens!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I can’t get past the boiling down soap lie. I just can’t. The first, and most important, question is why? Use soap as soap, easy. My second question is - wouldn’t it just set again back to it’s hard soap state? So pouring it into a bottle would you not end up with a bottle of hard and unusable soap? Or does the water (how much?) prevent this? What bottle is she pouring it into? A glass one would be impractical at best, a plastic one would melt surely, unless she’s leaving the gloopy soap mix to set in the pan and then somehow pouring the set mixture into a plastic bottle. Why? It’s absolutely nonsensical. I am on the verge of trying this out myself to answer my own questions, but OH says I can’t ruin one of the pans and is it a step too far to buy a pan just to make JMs homemade soap made from soap? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
in amongst the arguing,

this squig is calling for the nokia to be set in resin

20220802_224838.jpg

and there's a faction deep in bog roll conspiracy theories

20220802_225042.jpg

this day is just too funny!

• Haha
Reactions: 84
View attachment 1467064
Shaking in my shoes here
Yes the power of itty bitty Nokia of truth - that is what they fear.

(If I was part of the “they” the only thing I would fear Is the sound of her tapping away on a Nokia -or any mobile- and she left the keyboard sounds on. Beep beep beep , weird deleting sound. Drives me mad)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I thought the Nokia was for filling out job applications and err, I looked it up and came across this absolute wtf of a blog post. Trigger warning for mentions of rape and the uncensored N word. I mean I know she’s quoting a message but JESUS. Use the *****s Jack.

And she's taking a photo of her Nokia.....with her smartphone

• Haha
Reactions: 50
can we add "my exodus from facebook" to the Jacktionary? You can't be an exodus Jack, there's only one of you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Urban decay 'black' eye anybody? Complete with A&E visit
Didn’t she get an MRI for that? A kindly porter told her it was just a big doughnut as if speaking to a 5 year old.
Or was that another chaos? It’s very hard to keep track of Jackcidents.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.