Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Whenever I feel a twinge of guilt for criticising and making fun of Jack, I remember that she has got to where she is by monetising lies and exploiting people's generosity, haranguing and silencing dissenters along the way. She is extremely manipulative.

I'm also genuinely fascinated by her pathology, if you will. Her narcissism is off the charts. I don't know anyone remotely like that in real life and it's really interesting to observe from a distance.

For instance, I just had a full body cringe flashback to her calling herself and Matt a "naughty little duo". DKL was an utter car crash. Did she really not see that? Did she really think she should be given further opportunities on the back of it? I wonder if she is ever pierced by moments of self-reflection or just lives in a permanent state of delusion.

Anyway, morning lovelies x
Morning to you too and fellow Tattlers.

Your post is perfect , there’s no need for anyone here to feel even an inkling if doubt or guilt about the JM thread.

She is incredibly manipulative, an online personality happy to dish out the bullying tactics of throwing a Twitter grenade then watching her pack descend on the unfortunate recipient then insistent she kept her hands clean ( not me Guv, nowt to do with me)

That’s just one aspect of her character , not forgetting the massive ego , selfishness and absolute belief she’s the centre of the cooking stratosphere despite the fact she’s a crap cook.

I’ve never tweeted her , why would anyone from here do that ? I’ve no intention of talking to her, I can’t stand her .

Just my opinion of course😊.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Peachy9

VIP Member
No one is tweeting her about it are they? Just the usual 'Jack you're so amazing' bile. She's actively reading here then getting pissy about what's being said... Why don't YOU get off of OUR backs, Jack
Plus lots of people are having the worst time of their lives. She's one of the few who have made money out of this situation, so get to fuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Early in lockdown I tried to make a chicken soup using some old roast chicken that had gone TOUGH, it was in one of those soup makers. Anyway it ended up like a bitty chicken mess, it did look like porridge tbh despite using no oats I just think the chicken was too tough to be made into a soup. The first run in the machine produced a watery shredded chicken so I tried to add milk to make it classier and it just made it worse, plus it burnt to the bottom of the vat.

It was so bad but I had no idea how to get rid of it because there was just SO much of it, litres of it, like the whole soup maker vat was filled nearly to the brim. I didn’t want to clog the drains with it, I was scared about leaving it out for foxes in case one died and the local Facebook group would hunt me down, I just left it in the maker & put it in a bin liner, paralysed by fear. I know it’s terribly wasteful but the smell was so bad I feel I had no choice?

The bin men didn’t take the bag it was in the first time we left it out so it was left to fester for another week, we were so scared they knew what we’d done and would just never take it. Thankfully they did but fuck me the bag stunk by week 2. I felt so bad because they’re key workers doing their best for us I didn’t want them to have to smell what I’d done.

Anyway, whenever I hear chicken porridge I’m haunted by these memories so thought I’d share x

• Haha
Reactions: 30

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I'm only repeating what everyone else has said already but I just have to get it off my chest so forgive me for adding absolutely nothing new to the Jack discourse:

- plaits do not unravel right to the root like that. Just say you want compliments and go.

- WHY are you on a train when you are supposedly compromised by every ailment in the world (that is naturally much worse than any other sufferer)

- I'm a powerlifter. 93kg is a piece of piss with an Olympic bar but even my mega hench boyfriend would struggle moving it in box form. At most she shuftied it across the floor.

- Highly susp that she's not photographing new fridge from every angle in the shitty bungalow... maybe spending two grand on an appliance subverts the povvo narrative rather too much?

Anyway I've never come across anyone so full of steaming horseshit. She's a disgrace.

P.S. Matt Haig and his saccharine takes on mental health through a middle class prism make me hurl.

• Heart
  • Haha

Peachy9

VIP Member
No one is tweeting her about it are they? Just the usual 'Jack you're so amazing' bile. She's actively reading here then getting pissy about what's being said... Why don't YOU get off of OUR backs, Jack

• Haha

Flumps

VIP Member
@Jelly Bean i can really identify with you. I hate mirrors. Washing my hands is ok because I can look at my hands. Even when I’m putting my hair up I won’t look square onto the mirror. I hate feeling that way. When things are really bad I will interrogate Mr Lennie and ask him how he can be married to me when I’m so repulsive. I have taken about three selfies in my life and the saddest thing is, there aren’t that many photos of me and my son because of how I feel about myself. Brutal.

I find this thread so therapeutic. Thank you all for being so open ❤
Oh, and sorry to quote again, but this has reminded me of a gift my ex-husband once got me for my birthday. He was not good at presents. That was one of the least troublesome things about him. Re the photos thing, like you I hate them and there are very few of me extant in the world. However, I did force myself to take a few with my daughter when she was young. My ex decided that based on all he knew of me (sigh), clearly there would be nothing I would love more than for him to take one of those photos, give it to some half-arsed artist he met down the pub and commission a painting of said photo in A2 size. Photo was of me slumped in an armchair, with a wriggly toddler in my lap, unwashed hair, glasses wonky from toddler wrangling, wearing an old grey sweatshirt, double chins a-go-go. His poundshop artist of choice didn't make any effort to gloss over those details. I have never had to work so hard to look appreciative of a present. I kept bursting into tears thinking about it for ages afterwards.

I couldn't ever bear to hang it on a wall though. I kept saying I would do it once we'd redecorated, and left it in a cupboard for years. When we split up, I destroyed the fucking thing. I have no shame about that at all. It was soul-destroying.

• Sad
  • Heart

Deej

Hi everyone, I’ve been following the JM saga for a while now, and it’s such a relief to know that other people see through her crap! I too fell for her “inspirational” story, but slowly realised that she would often contradict previous tales of woe or deny them altogether. Anyway, Louisa posted on Instagram this morning. Interesting!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
What is with teeth brushing when you feel wretched? It is the same with me. I know it is to do with constant fatigue and lack of interest in yourself but I also think (in my case) it involves standing in front of a mirror - bleurgh. Same with having a shower - too much chance of catching sight of myself. I have in the past seriously contemplated showering with a towel round me.
I actually am not too bad now but can so easily slip into back into the never getting out of bed phase.
Many sympathies to everyone having a shit time.
Take care fellow Tattlers ❤
@Jelly Bean i can really identify with you. I hate mirrors. Washing my hands is ok because I can look at my hands. Even when I’m putting my hair up I won’t look square onto the mirror. I hate feeling that way. When things are really bad I will interrogate Mr Lennie and ask him how he can be married to me when I’m so repulsive. I have taken about three selfies in my life and the saddest thing is, there aren’t that many photos of me and my son because of how I feel about myself. Brutal.

I find this thread so therapeutic. Thank you all for being so open ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
i know it’s not on to talk about her appearance but I think part of her success has been due to her looks though. Morally bankrupt, but very pretty and skinny. A fat single mum with a Northern accent wouldn’t have gotten that far with as little cooking talent as Jack.

you could have jacked the photo up a little by adding a sweaty neck scarf / decorative material and some seashells ?!?
Agreed. Idk if it’s necessarily because she’s pretty or not (not passing comment on that) I think it’s respectability politics? I know that term is more often used with BAME communities but I think the same applies for the poor / white WCs too?

She’s an evidently middle class girl who fell in hard times & they laaaap it up. If she was a thoroughly WC woman like you point out with strong regional accent & less refined mannerisms & genuinely left wing (the result of lived experiences rather than a twitter education which yields the centre left bollocks she spouts) there’s just no way she’d be accepted into the blue tick fold. She’d have been eaten alive.

• Heart

skintsocks

VIP Member
Why doesn't she just shut up if she wants to be left alone. She is constantly whining. Just put the laptop or phone down and go find something else to do!

• Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
In one of the many hilarious articles I read about her here recently, she mentioned food deserts. I had heard of the term in relation to the USA but wasn't 100% sure what it meant for the UK. I found this extract in an interesting article from the Guardian.

Food deserts are defined by the report as neighbourhoods of between 5,000-15,000 people served by two or fewer big supermarkets. In “normal” areas of this size there are typically between three and seven large food stores, it says. Small shops are less likely to sell fresh or healthy food.

The report cites Lisa Cauchi, a mother of eight in Salford, in the north-west of England, who said the nearest reliable source of affordable fresh fruit and vegetables was a big supermarket half an hour’s walk away. She occasionally gets a taxi but finds that depletes her food budget. “A taxi is a meal,” she said.

A survey carried out as part of the study found that nearly a third of respondents reported that lack of money was the biggest barrier to eating healthily (29%), followed by lack of time to cook (22%). Some 18% said they did not know how to cook healthy meals.

The article also talks about how these areas are often over-served by cheap fast food outlets, leading to all sort of health problems in these neighbourhoods. Several things come to mind:

Councils should be held accountable to which planning permissions they give. Someone with a large social media platform could draw attention to local councils giving planning permission to yet another burger joint instead of thinking how they could provide land to a supermarket, for example.

There are lots of practical ideas that I'm sure are already being implemented by many people, but that could be retweeted, turned into a campaign, etc. I.e. supermarkets deliver for as little as £1 - that is way cheaper than a taxi. What's the barrier? Is it that people don't have debit cards to order online? Is it that they don't know how to order online? Is it the minimum order required per delivery? How can we help people overcome these problems? What can supermarkets do to help? What can local communities do to help?

A local shop to me offers very cheap fruit and veg boxes for local delivery. They are not organic - just basic stuff, but decent quantities that would last a family of four for the best part of a week. Supplemented with some frozen stuff and juice would make it achievable for a family to get their five a day. Again, how can we encourage shops to offer this and people to take them up on the offer?

Lack of cooking skills - lots and lots of information online and published. Why are people not engaging with it? What are they engaging with? What can be done? My kid's local primary offers (in normal times) monthly cooking classes. The focus where I am is different. I live in a very multicultural and quite transient area, so the focus is on meeting people and sharing your culture. However, I am sure this is offered in other areas with a different focus. Someone with a large social media platform could highlight these success stories to inspire others. Perhaps come up with a downloadable plan of how to start a cooking class. I think the great thing about cooking is that really everyone can do it. We can't all be top chefs, but we all can learn to make a simple pasta con pomodoro or baked potato with beans or think about how we can plan things so when life is very busy, we can keep eating healthily and cheaply. Teaching people how to cook pasta or rice properly will really help change meals from stodge to something lovely. And it costs no more to cook pasta well than badly.

I was fortunate enough to learn all of these things from my mother and have just expanded my knowledge because cooking interests me as I got older. One of the greatest breakfasts ever in terms of nutrition is porridge. Soaking oats the night before mean they heat up in the microwave or hob in a minute and are super creamy, even if made with just water. Now how can you improve that meal nutritionally and make it taste of something? Add almonds or cashews (expensive, but not pound for pound when you think of healthy fats and protein) or if you are on a really tight budget sunflower seeds. Dried fruit can cost pennies and adds sweetness. I would add those in the soaking process, so they get all soft and the sweetness mixes into the whole bowl. A banana, a grated apple, some frozen berries. All cheap, all very healthy. Cinnamon or ginger will really elevate it.

Anyway, so many things someone who truly cared could do.

• Heart

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
Morning gang! Apologies for the dramatics last night, I am hanging my head in shame. Ta for all the supremely lovely messages - made me feel all warm and fuzzy (much like Jack’s head?).

Couldn’t sleep last night so obviously debated the failsafe method of having a pot noodle with egg and playing the keyboard... perhaps sensibly, though, I decided in the end to just have another glass of wine, a slab of dairy milk and watch the final ep of Normal People. Worked like a charm. Feeling fresh as a daisy this morning and am off to reread through the last few pages and see what I missed.

Also I think “I’m a god damn biscotti mate” has pipped “babe — same” to the post as my favourite Jack quote.

612839B5-4F39-49C2-B821-3A4BF979C151.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Love the thread title!

gosh that photo in her underwear/bikini ?! Just screams insecurity and desperation to me, no?
Louisas not missing much 🙊 IF they have split up I’m sure she’d only look at these shameless attention seeking posts and think thank fuck I’m not with her anymore.

also where did she get a sideboard from to carry into her house during lockdown and couldn’t the photographer friend help her?
For someone who considers herself to be a maverick etc ,she seems very concerned about her conventionally attractive appearance. It is always a shame when someone puts so much value on their looks.

Yes, as it has been said multiple times, she is photogenic, which is lovely and can be a great asset in getting ahead. But it doesn't make her a nicer, more original or more talented person.

• Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Photo taken from someone apparently responsibly socially distancing. (I can't remember what England's rules are on having people round to your garden). Hottest day of the year and she is thiiiiirsty!
Look at how skinny I am! But don’t you dare comment on it or i’ll go nuts at you.

• Heart
  • Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
What do we think Jack thinks of the kindness and support on here? Indifferent to it, ignores it, or annoys her that it doesn't fit the view she really wants to hold of us? 🤔
She won’t be able to comprehend how it doesn’t flow in her direction. Narcissists only see kindness and compassion (or lack thereof) in relation to themselves.

Narcissists will only complain about a general lack of kindness etc when there’s no (or slightly less) compassion being extended towards them. Never mind when they were the Gobi desert of kindness - look at Jack’s tweets towards Jamie Oliver, even after she’d started her lockdown larder, so after having had time to reflect. She only called off her dogs (or... took her foot off his neck, lol) after being called out for it.

One of the most helpful narcissist analogies I read was one about how confusing a relationship with a narc is because sometimes it seems like they really do care about you.

But think about it like a car. Do you put petrol in a car because you love it unconditionally and you want it to be the best car it can be for its own happiness? No you fuel it up because you need it to do its job for you - get you from A to B. How the average person feels about their car is how narcissists see everyone in their orbit, they know they need to occasionally fuel us up for us to ‘run’ for them.

Sorry massive rant there! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 28