Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali is a deeply unpleasant woman , read up all the threads .
I lurk on those Sali threads like :eek:

I don't contribute because my commitment to beauty = showering and occasionally zapping my beard with a Phillips Lumea, so apart from a couple of friends who used to recommend SH columns to me I have very little prior knowledge. Though it did break one of my favourite podcasts for me, as one of the coven that tormented Dawn O'Porter is the presenter, and it makes me v sad, because I loved it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
OT here but after cleaning my teeth and putting on some make up this morning, due to the fantastic support I've received here, I've set up a Go Fund Me for my local NHS by shaving my bonce.

I know I'm more than a tad unstable at the moment, but why not use it for the best? BTW, I'm not trolling for donations. Just delighted that the energy lift you lovely people took the time to type to me and so many others has helped hugely for this to happen X

BTW... New lockdown sport for the terminally bored... Throw fuzzy things at someone's velcro head.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think a few of us have touched on this but the idea that we were touched by/rooting for JM on account of the ‘tragic’ backstory makes sense... I think we’re all particularly empathetic and sensitive but then also feel it quite acutely when we feel we’ve been deceived. I’m passionate about social justice and fair treatment and it’s horrible to feel played but even worse when people more vulnerable are still being exploited. I totally agree that a much more powerful message would be for JM to stop the poverty cosplay (thanks @heretoreaditall2019, that’s a magnificent description!) and embrace a more honest and inspirational ‘this is what I did, this is who helped me’ message but obvs the ego won’t allow for that.
Thing is, there was a time when she was doing the "not poor anymore" thing. During her relationship with Allegra, she did a lot of interviews about how much her life had improved. Her second cookbook wasn't all about eating for 50p, it was just recipes for families.

Then she returned to being the poorest poor ever to poor. Not sure how, mind.

Reactions: 19
Sali Hughes has a huge opinion of herself. I went to see Marion Keyes in Cardiff. She was being interviewed by a woman I didn’t know. Turned out it was Sali H, she didn’t introduce herself (I thought this was rude). IMO it shows how important she thinks she is.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Why doesn't she just shut up if she wants to be left alone. She is constantly whining. Just put the laptop or phone down and go find something else to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
No one is tweeting her about it are they? Just the usual 'Jack you're so amazing' bile. She's actively reading here then getting pissy about what's being said... Why don't YOU get off of OUR backs, Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 30
@HalcyonDays I know you're not asking for donations but do post a link as I'd like to donate. I'm now off to look on ebay for vintage 1970s Fuzzy Felt sets - so much more appealing that the 1970 Bella Freud jumper! If you can bear it watch Sali's video when she introduces the beauty box and gets to the candle - she talks about how women come to her events in Bella Freud jumpers too - hilarious 😂 reminded me of Mean Girls pink day

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No one is tweeting her about it are they? Just the usual 'Jack you're so amazing' bile. She's actively reading here then getting pissy about what's being said... Why don't YOU get off of OUR backs, Jack
Plus lots of people are having the worst time of their lives. She's one of the few who have made money out of this situation, so get to duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Did she just have that rant and then delete it immediately or was I seeing things?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Exactly
Plus lots of people are having the worst time of their lives. She's one of the few who have made money out of this situation, so get to duck.
Spot on! I am only thinking out loud (don't sue me) but these random rants seem to happen when book promoting. The I'm hard done by, poor me, I'm having a tough time etc to get the books sold. See the I've just written the book on bad days, now I am......

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.