Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone else mentioned they checked the Sali Hughes thread and it made them feel worse. Agreed!!! Love the people on that thread but the current candle scandal (she’s currently selling a candle with a slogan celebrating a known paedophile) is soooooo depressing and all the influencers just seem to be laughing at people who took offence.

This thread is so good for the variety and I must say I miss the watch alongs!

Maybe one day we could have a film or telly party and watch along. It’s so good for company and laughs.

When things get better I’m going to need to dedicate an entire day to go through these threads and get all the tips out (recipes, plants, books, tv, podcasts) and compile it into a little notebook or something.

Then I’ll photocopy it and charge you all for a copy. I’ll expect roughly £50 each plus postage and it’ll take approx. 2 years to get to you. That’s ok isn’t it? Sorry it’s just the post office isn’t inside my house so I’ll have to actually go there. Probably might choose a day when it’s raining which would inexplicably then explain the delay.
I know I shouldn’t laugh but I did at “a candle celebrating a known pedophile” - wait, what? What does it say?! Which one of Hollywood’s roster did she pick?

Also wanted to check in with everyone this morning and say how grateful I am for you guys & the thread! ❤ I’ve had a really tit time with my employer during covid (I’ve had to raise a formal grievance and “won” that process it got that bad - so beware of my 100% success rate ladies 💅🏻) and I’m still in bed, struggle to care to go to work on time, when I’m logged in I long out every task as I hate them, and then feel wracked with guilt about it.

Also, am I the only lazy witch that doesn’t stand up to brush her teeth? I do it perched on the side of my bath and love it, maybe sitting down is the trick? Also recommend an electric brush means you’ve not gotta wiggle ur arm about so perfect if you’re feeling blah!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t think she looks well at all in any of these recent photos. Despite her heavily smoothed skin her complexion looks as grey as her hair.
I can already predict a twitter rant based on this claiming people have been dming her criticising her appearance, claiming some kind of health issue and waiting for her stans to flock to her .. of course all deleted within a day

Could you as a normal person put up with the kind of crap that spews from her, on a daily basis? Imagine being her partner and trying to figure out what is true, and what isn't.
Also someone anonymously posted she was going through a breakup on, I think, twitter? Ofc then deleted

Reactions: 6
I know I shouldn’t laugh but I did at “a candle celebrating a known pedophile” - wait, what? What does it say?! Which one of Hollywood’s roster did she pick?

Also wanted to check in with everyone this morning and say how grateful I am for you guys & the thread! ❤ I’ve had a really tit time with my employer during covid (I’ve had to raise a formal grievance and “won” that process it got that bad - so beware of my 100% success rate ladies 💅🏻) and I’m still in bed, struggle to care to go to work on time, when I’m logged in I long out every task as I hate them, and then feel wracked with guilt about it.

Also, am I the only lazy witch that doesn’t stand up to brush her teeth? I do it perched on the side of my bath and love it, maybe sitting down is the trick? Also recommend an electric brush means you’ve not gotta wiggle ur arm about so perfect if you’re feeling blah!
I’m a luxury witch and do it in the shower when I feel like treating myself! Working my way up to it...

Big hugs to you all. If lockdown and geography and gesticulates wildly weren’t a thing, I’d happily plonk my anxious butt in a pub garden with everyone one of you. Bring on the crisps and cold ones.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
She's lost so much weight since the DKL. She looked so healthy and happy albeit manic on there. Really feminine and groomed.
A month on and she looks like a heroin addict....weird.
Also: Why does everyone think she's now single????
Yeh and her comments about eating so much despite being so thin to me scream some kind of eating disorder.. as someone who has suffered from eating issues I feel awful if that is what she’s going though

Catching up:
Hope everyone has an OK day today.

Strongest Man is the best. The Atlas Stones, the Pillars of Hercules, Magnus Magnusson, love it!

Diana Henry is a God. Her recipes are excellent (Bird in Hand my favourite). And she always comments on my Instagram pics when I try her recipes. Said one thing was the best version she'd seen!

I once asked JM what foundation she used or was it a filter on her pics as her skin always looks amazing. She jumped right down my throat.
Most people would consider that. A compliment !

Someone else mentioned they checked the Sali Hughes thread and it made them feel worse. Agreed!!! Love the people on that thread but the current candle scandal (she’s currently selling a candle with a slogan celebrating a known paedophile) is soooooo depressing and all the influencers just seem to be laughing at people who took offence.

This thread is so good for the variety and I must say I miss the watch alongs!

Maybe one day we could have a film or telly party and watch along. It’s so good for company and laughs.

When things get better I’m going to need to dedicate an entire day to go through these threads and get all the tips out (recipes, plants, books, tv, podcasts) and compile it into a little notebook or something.

Then I’ll photocopy it and charge you all for a copy. I’ll expect roughly £50 each plus postage and it’ll take approx. 2 years to get to you. That’s ok isn’t it? Sorry it’s just the post office isn’t inside my house so I’ll have to actually go there. Probably might choose a day when it’s raining which would inexplicably then explain the delay.
I miss the watch alongs too! Was so hoping it’d continue thought out lockdown! I’ve found watching commentary videos on YouTube of various tv shows really entertaining, almost like watching with someone, my fav is Yeolo who has done them about the whole season of Singapore social (Netflix trash tv I loved) he is hilarious, def good for a distraction/pick up

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
What is with teeth brushing when you feel wretched? It is the same with me. I know it is to do with constant fatigue and lack of interest in yourself but I also think (in my case) it involves standing in front of a mirror - bleurgh. Same with having a shower - too much chance of catching sight of myself. I have in the past seriously contemplated showering with a towel round me.
I actually am not too bad now but can so easily slip into back into the never getting out of bed phase.
Many sympathies to everyone having a tit time.
Take care fellow Tattlers ❤
@Jelly Bean i can really identify with you. I hate mirrors. Washing my hands is ok because I can look at my hands. Even when I’m putting my hair up I won’t look square onto the mirror. I hate feeling that way. When things are really bad I will interrogate Mr Lennie and ask him how he can be married to me when I’m so repulsive. I have taken about three selfies in my life and the saddest thing is, there aren’t that many photos of me and my son because of how I feel about myself. Brutal.

I find this thread so therapeutic. Thank you all for being so open ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Maybe this is mean but I can't help but feel she will love the comments worrying about her looking too thin...she has clearly angled her body in that photo to make her waist look at tiny as possible. She's even arranged the text so it isn't covering her waist area! It's probably the her first response to a break up - make sure you take a photo looking frail and tiny to make ex worry about you. Everything Jack does has a narcissistic motive.

Also the text covering the photos look bleeping stupid. Like something my 65 year old aunt would put on facebook.

• Haha
I have taken about three selfies in my life and the saddest thing is, there aren’t that many photos of me and my son because of how I feel about myself. Brutal.

My friends were all sharing photographs of themselves from various decades, I only have one photograph of me when I am 17....then I am at the back of a group. Even at weddings I steer clear of cameras. I just know I look terrible on a photograph, and have destroyed any that I have had in the past. Some people are photogenic, I certainly am not!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
@Jelly Bean i can really identify with you. I hate mirrors. Washing my hands is ok because I can look at my hands. Even when I’m putting my hair up I won’t look square onto the mirror. I hate feeling that way. When things are really bad I will interrogate Mr Lennie and ask him how he can be married to me when I’m so repulsive. I have taken about three selfies in my life and the saddest thing is, there aren’t that many photos of me and my son because of how I feel about myself. Brutal.

Mirrors are the worst. Fuckers. I do the same with my other half from time to time. He is, objectively speaking, a very attractive man, think Hugh Laurie as House, and I am not (IMO twisted opinion) a very attractive woman. I feel terrible about worrying about it, with everyone else in the world I absolutely and completely believe it is character and humour that are the most attractive things about a person, and to me everyone I love and like is completely beautiful in their own way, and even if they weren't, I know it's not a marker of anything meaningful, and I would never judge anyone else on it, but damn do I judge myself. I'm not even in love with my partner because he is pretty, though it's annoyingly distracting of him at times, but because of who is he, so why do I beat myself up about not being up to scratch. And I know he gets frustrated, though he's always patient about it, because he couldn't make it clearer how much he loves me, and I get that it must seem dismissive of his feelings not to be able to accept that on a bad day. God, body issues are a tangle aren't they?

• Heart
  • Sad
Maybe this is mean but I can't help but feel she will love the comments worrying about her looking too thin...she has clearly angled her body in that photo to make her waist look at tiny as possible. She's even arranged the text so it isn't covering her waist area! It's probably the her first response to a break up - make sure you take a photo looking frail and tiny to make ex worry about you. Everything Jack does has a narcissistic motive.

Also the text covering the photos look bleeping stupid. Like something my 65 year old aunt would put on facebook.
I’ve avoided commenting on it as it’s such an inflammatory subject & I hate the triggering twitter tit so don’t want to invoke more, however: (and trigger / content warning EDs I suppose)

I find it really perverse that with her Gaily news (sp?) she was asking for bodyposi accounts to post, and hours to days later basically commenced posting thinspo of herself? Imagine if you were in recovery for ED so followed her / the GN for body posi content and end up being exposed to that? It would be highly triggering and I’m not sure why it doesn’t get called to question? I don’t like it when the Love Island lot do it before she makes out we’re witches after her, but I’m amazed that someone who professes to be so for the people is also doing it. Especially during a time where a lot of us are struggling mentally and tbh with food/activity so may have those demons circling us.

Btw I haven’t ever experienced an ED so sorry if I’m misspeaking, it is from a good place, and please do correct where applicable x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve avoided commenting on it as it’s such an inflammatory subject & I hate the triggering twitter tit so don’t want to invoke more, however: (and trigger / content warning EDs I suppose)

I find it really perverse that with her Gaily news (sp?) she was asking for bodyposi accounts to post, and hours to days later basically commenced posting thinspo of herself? Imagine if you were in recovery for ED so followed her / the GN for body posi content and end up being exposed to that? It would be highly triggering and I’m not sure why it doesn’t get called to question? I don’t like it when the Love Island lot do it before she makes out we’re witches after her, but I’m amazed that someone who professes to be so for the people is also doing it. Especially during a time where a lot of us are struggling mentally and tbh with food/activity so may have those demons circling us.

Btw I haven’t ever experienced an ED so sorry if I’m misspeaking, it is from a good place, and please do correct where applicable x
I honestly just don't think the thought of triggering other people even pops into her head...she is one of the most self-involved people I have ever come across!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Heya folks, I just wanted to send a message of solidarity to all of you who are going through a difficult time right now.

I don't like to talk about it much but I've had an incredibly tough year which has impacted on my health to the point where I've been medically retired - which is a long and very draining process.

Things are slowly starting to get better, despite this tedious quarantine business so I really do feel for you all. It's so tough at times.

Sorry for going o/t - as you were. You're a great bunch of lads!

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Oh, and sorry to quote again, but this has reminded me of a gift my ex-husband once got me for my birthday. He was not good at presents. That was one of the least troublesome things about him. Re the photos thing, like you I hate them and there are very few of me extant in the world. However, I did force myself to take a few with my daughter when she was young. My ex decided that based on all he knew of me (sigh), clearly there would be nothing I would love more than for him to take one of those photos, give it to some half-arsed artist he met down the pub and commission a painting of said photo in A2 size. Photo was of me slumped in an armchair, with a wriggly toddler in my lap, unwashed hair, glasses wonky from toddler wrangling, wearing an old grey sweatshirt, double chins a-go-go. His poundshop artist of choice didn't make any effort to gloss over those details. I have never had to work so hard to look appreciative of a present. I kept bursting into tears thinking about it for ages afterwards.

I couldn't ever bear to hang it on a wall though. I kept saying I would do it once we'd redecorated, and left it in a cupboard for years. When we split up, I destroyed the bleeping thing. I have no shame about that at all. It was soul-destroying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I can already predict a twitter rant based on this claiming people have been dming her criticising her appearance, claiming some kind of health issue and waiting for her stans to flock to her .. of course all deleted within a day
I'll bet a ham you are 100% spot on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The candle says Ginsberg is God. Ginsberg is one of the beat generation poets - it's been known for some time that he was an active paedophile. The excuse for the candle is that it's a quote from a film so therefore ok.

Typical tone deaf and obnoxious influencer bullshit basically.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I'll bet a ham you are 100% spot on.
The JM twitter rant word cloud generator is going to be incredibly confused from this thread.

Hateful haus frau coven in training for strongman competition threaten safety of my electric toothbrush

Shut tattle down for suggesting I not wash my CK bralet at 60 degrees & can pick a new one up in the sales if I fancy x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi everyone, I’ve been following the JM saga for a while now, and it’s such a relief to know that other people see through her crap! I too fell for her “inspirational” story, but slowly realised that she would often contradict previous tales of woe or deny them altogether. Anyway, Louisa posted on Instagram this morning. Interesting!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My friends were all sharing photographs of themselves from various decades, I only have one photograph of me when I am 17....then I am at the back of a group. Even at weddings I steer clear of cameras. I just know I look terrible on a photograph, and have destroyed any that I have had in the past. Some people are photogenic, I certainly am not!
Me neither @MancBee....or maybe we are and we let our heads tell us we’re not 🤔❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Such brilliant advice shared on this thread, I’ve been taking notes ✏

Something I try to remember is it’s ok to forgo the basics for the extras if that’s what helps.

For example yesterday I spent time with my plants, went around checking on them all, wiped leaves, made some cuttings etc. But my current bandwidth is short so I didn’t get around to having a shower and I had vegan nuggets from the freezer for tea. I know eating well and keeping clean are the very basics but tbh talking to my plants, really looking at their progress and thinking about who might like a baby plant when lockdown is lifted made me feel a million times better than basic care.

Today I’m staring at where the cat vomited two hours ago and I haven’t cleaned it up yet, the dirty washing bag is overflowing but the cuttings from yesterday are in soil and that’s more than enough. A win is a win. duck the noise.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.