Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
EBA1C3F0-076B-4086-B636-341054EB1027.jpeg

Gosh, how does she come up with these completely new inventions? So controversial.

4BB1E43D-0FB0-434C-B6C3-21378B395037.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
@HalcyonDays I know you're not asking for donations but do post a link as I'd like to donate. I'm now off to look on ebay for vintage 1970s Fuzzy Felt sets - so much more appealing that the 1970 Bella Freud jumper! If you can bear it watch Sali's video when she introduces the beauty box and gets to the candle - she talks about how women come to her events in Bella Freud jumpers too - hilarious 😂 reminded me of Mean Girls pink day A heart felt hello Pollypops. I'd love to post the link for you to donate, but it has a photo of me in all my shorn disglory and as a teacher, I'm wary of putting it up. Hope you understand. Wish I could send you a private link somehow... If I was even slightly tech competent. (I'M NOT, I'M CRAP! 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
View attachment 135055

Gosh, how does she come up with these completely new inventions? So controversial.

View attachment 135056
Also reminds me of this: https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/374-bukkake-udon-noodles

However, as we know, only JM can claim to have invented the bukkake lasagne 💦

@HalcyonDays if you want to share the charity I’d love to donate directly if you don’t want to share your JG page (understandable, as we’re all under scrutiny by JM’s team of lawyers/therapists/fellow firefighters/weird Stu). Also HOOTING at the memory of Sali Hughes’ odd phase when her and her pals starting searching for us on social media: ‘TEACHERS OF CHILDREN AMONG THEM!!’ 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Also reminds me of this: https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/374-bukkake-udon-noodles

However, as we know, only JM can claim to have invented the bukkake lasagne 💦

@HalcyonDays if you want to share the charity I’d love to donate directly if you don’t want to share your JG page (understandable, as we’re all under scrutiny by JM’s team of lawyers/therapists/fellow firefighters/weird Stu). Also HOOTING at the memory of Sali Hughes’ odd phase when her and her pals starting searching for us on social media: ‘TEACHERS OF CHILDREN AMONG THEM!!’ 😆
Bukkagne 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
“Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.”

No one has their feet on anyone’s neck in these threads - if that’s what the reference is. It’s just that some people have been left rather exposed these past few months, all of their own making. Mostly starting with nasty, insecure, bullying tweets about “that man” and “my life’s work has been stolen” and other pathetic nonsense of ego hyperinflation proportions.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I went out into my garden earlier and discovered that my new #gifted peony has broken out the big guns. It was hugely cheering (I am having v low key stress, nothing serious at all, re making all good for my mum’s birthday tomorrow) and I thought some of you witches might enjoy them too. x
@Flumps
My #gifted peony has just bloomed in the last couple of days. I love it.
It actually was *gifted* to me by my ex-next door neighbour who planted it for me in my garden while I was out 🌹❤ peony.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Do you think she blames here for Mrs J leaving? Because I truly don’t think there’s been any misrepresentation here. Lots of piss taking, sure, but anything seriously critical (Kickstarter, historical inaccuracies) are evidenced and fact based. So how does that work?

Reactions: 17
I totally get what you’re saying. I have a history of disordered eating. Currently in the binge end of it, where it’s all about volume. No taste, duck texture, I’m pouring down golden syrup sandwiches. I derive no pleasure from it, it’s about being full.
When I’ve swung the other way and it’s about being empty, I’ve made the most amazing meals. Spent hours getting aromatics right, babysitting risottos and picking the right scallop from the right fishmonger. The process and thinking about it becomes all consuming. Then it goes on the bin.
In either of those circumstances I never share my food publicly. No matter if it’s a full box of coco pops or a salt baked fish, both are stemmed in such shame I couldn’t possibly share that the world.
JM’s food makes me think of fuel. Like when you see body builders eat chicken and sweet potato for the 5th time that day. It’s still disordered eating but hidden by oh I just need to hit my macros. Or I just need food for the day.
Food is so much more that that. We have such a complex relationship with food. It’s how we build relationships, how we decompress, show love. We also use it for emotional support or punish ourselves with it. Good food should spark joy. Now, we can’t eat like that all the time and we’ve all discussed the need for a stock pile for a bad day. If I buy a cook book I want something aspirational. Something for the good days. When I look at the pages I want to visualise myself happy and eating it. The version of myself who is eating and feeling content. It doesn’t have to be a 3 page complicated 8 hour to cook number. Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce is as simple as your like but my god, I’d eat it every day.
JM’s spaghetti hoops al cheesy does not invoke joy. When I think of eating like that, it’s survival. Heating up hoops and stirring in cheese is all you can muster. I do think she has a problem with food because if you love food, and have a healthy relationship with it, you don’t eat that!
Now THIS ⬆ is how I envisaged my words 🤩.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has Mrs J actually gone then? I noticed she doesn't retweet Jack anymore. Oh and here's the rant for anyone who missed it. Bad quality as I did it quick.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
Look at the advert that came up today 🤔 😂

Genuinely though, am now considering investing in one thanks to this thread
Me too!

What do we think Jack thinks of the kindness and support on here? Indifferent to it, ignores it, or annoys her that it doesn't fit the view she really wants to hold of us? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Do you think she blames here for Mrs J leaving?
I have no doubt she will. Any narrative other than “my partner figured out I’m a narcissist” will be welcomed and the further the blame can be shifted away from Jack’s behaviour the better.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Look at the advert that came up today 🤔 😂

Genuinely though, am now considering investing in one thanks to this thread
They’re always in mega sale outside of Christmas times too, just looking on Amazon they have some that are down from £140 to £40! A lot of options starting at £20 too. I have the Oral B ones and really like them but my husband’s managed to ruin the battery life on two (I think he presses too hard uno, even tho it warns you). My cousin has the Philips sonicare one and it’s SO quiet it’s crazy, not sure if you get the same sensation of being jet washed though?

@HalcyonDays I know you're not asking for donations but do post a link as I'd like to donate. I'm now off to look on ebay for vintage 1970s Fuzzy Felt sets - so much more appealing that the 1970 Bella Freud jumper! If you can bear it watch Sali's video when she introduces the beauty box and gets to the candle - she talks about how women come to her events in Bella Freud jumpers too - hilarious 😂 reminded me of Mean Girls pink day
I don’t wanna be a Debbie downer and love you for doing this @halycondays but please be really careful and DM it to people you trust, I’d hate for Jack to doxx you particularly at a tough time like covid. I’ve heard she did it with the Kickstarter so just be super super careful x

No one is tweeting her about it are they? Just the usual 'Jack you're so amazing' bile. She's actively reading here then getting pissy about what's being said... Why don't YOU get off of OUR backs, Jack
😂 I feel exactly the same, like exasperated like just leave it out hun. 70% of the time you’re not even the topic of conversation here anyway 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
You 👏🏻 don't 👏🏻have👏🏻to👏🏻come👏🏻here
I was filling in an application form for a thing a few weeks ago and had to give my social media profiles and the idea of being seen through a strangers prism made me uncomfortable. Even the idea of Googling my own name freaks me out as I don’t really want to be confronted with myself, let alone anyone’s opinion of me (not that I expect there to be any out there, but even if I had spent the last decade carving out any degree of fame I can’t envision a time when I think it’d be wise to do that). What good does anyone (JM, SH, MOD) think it could possibly do unless you have either a very thick skin OR a view of yourself that is so overinflated/fragile that makes you need to challenge a tiny proportion of people that don’t think you’re quiet as great as you do?

Reactions: 14
I was filling in an application form for a thing a few weeks ago and had to give my social media profiles and the idea of being seen through a strangers prism made me uncomfortable. Even the idea of Googling my own name freaks me out as I don’t really want to be confronted with myself, let alone anyone’s opinion of me (not that I expect there to be any out there, but even if I had spent the last decade carving out any degree of fame I can’t envision a time when I think it’d be wise to do that). What good does anyone (JM, SH, MOD) think it could possibly do unless you have either a very thick skin OR a view of yourself that is so overinflated/fragile that makes you need to challenge a tiny proportion of people that don’t think you’re quiet as great as you do?
Did you pop your username down for here on the form? 😉

And yet, not so long ago, she was the happiest she’d been in ages, in her shed. (Whatever happened to that shed?). Make yer mind up Jack.
She needs to get back in it and lock the door 👌

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What do we think Jack thinks of the kindness and support on here? Indifferent to it, ignores it, or annoys her that it doesn't fit the view she really wants to hold of us? 🤔
She won’t be able to comprehend how it doesn’t flow in her direction. Narcissists only see kindness and compassion (or lack thereof) in relation to themselves.

Narcissists will only complain about a general lack of kindness etc when there’s no (or slightly less) compassion being extended towards them. Never mind when they were the Gobi desert of kindness - look at Jack’s tweets towards Jamie Oliver, even after she’d started her lockdown larder, so after having had time to reflect. She only called off her dogs (or... took her foot off his neck, lol) after being called out for it.

One of the most helpful narcissist analogies I read was one about how confusing a relationship with a narc is because sometimes it seems like they really do care about you.

But think about it like a car. Do you put petrol in a car because you love it unconditionally and you want it to be the best car it can be for its own happiness? No you fuel it up because you need it to do its job for you - get you from A to B. How the average person feels about their car is how narcissists see everyone in their orbit, they know they need to occasionally fuel us up for us to ‘run’ for them.

Sorry massive rant there! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.