Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahem, why should she NEED to pick her own damn book up, surely these recipes should all be stored in her culinary genius-maverick mind?! Haven’t they’ve been tested the proper amount of times? She should know them by heart.
I like how the ‘It worked!’ can also sound like she’s conveying her disbelief that a recipe of hers worked.
Chicken porridge is seared into my eyes...why isn’t it burnt into hers. Feel unfair!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ahem, why should she NEED to pick her own damn book up, surely these recipes should all be stored in her culinary genius-maverick mind?! Haven’t they’ve been tested the proper amount of times? She should know them by heart.
I like how the ‘It worked!’ can also sound like she’s conveying her disbelief that a recipe of hers worked.
Indeed, the time for testing a recipe is before you publish it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
NO-ONE GO ANYWHERE! :cool:

Can someone please tell Jack (hi Jack!) that ‘thank you’ is two separate words. Thank you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ha, I wasn’t being a head at all (just my opinion, m’lud) - I was only asking about the off topic rules 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also I really hope I didn’t come across like Jack flouncing off social media only to reappear moments later! I was just meaning I felt quite told off and fancied a toddler style sulk. I’ve had a few glasses of wine tonight so I blame that. You’re all a bunch of lovelies xxx

I’m off to check Jack’s twitter.
93133FAE-9C92-48C6-AA72-4EC36498AAA2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
She was off to see her parents, 260 miles away
Sorry, couldn’t resist ;)

No we didn’t, she’s being all mysterious still, “exciting big stuff on the horizon” (what happened to literary Jack?). Also wittering on about steam trains full of ghosts and fire - she’s really had no luck with her journey today, poor mite
View attachment 136660View attachment 136661
That chicken porridge again! Oh my days 🤢

Woolly suns, scavenging moths, now trains full of ghosts and fire. I think she's been reading too much sci-fi.

• Haha
Bloody hell after two deleted posts I got a warning for asking about said deletions ☹ it was a genuine question, mods — I wasn’t trying to stir up unrest, I’m just not sure what constitutes off topic or not.

Well, to bring this back on topic then, I hope Jack had a lovely train ride today. She’s done nothing of note on twitter. That’s all I’ve got to say. Think I’ll give Tattle a wee break after my warning
Oooh don’t do a Jack flounce! To be very fair to the moderators, I know we’ve gone off topic before, but in hindsight they were very low level, non-inflammatory subjects. Threads on mumsnet are always going down the pan with arguments because of derailing when it gets political or controversial etc. I was a but surprised when mine was deleted, but in retrospect do get why it was nipped now. Don’t shave your head in anger! 🙅‍♀️

• Heart
Bloody hell after two deleted posts I got a warning for asking about said deletions ☹ it was a genuine question, mods — I wasn’t trying to stir up unrest, I’m just not sure what constitutes off topic or not.

Well, to bring this back on topic then, I hope Jack had a lovely train ride today. She’s done nothing of note on twitter. That’s all I’ve got to say. Think I’ll give Tattle a wee break after my warning
Don't fret about it, lots of people cop a warning, it's easy done. Besides, we have Tuesdays to look forward to ☺🥳🧑‍🍳😱

• Haha
  • Heart
How much would it take to get you to down a pint of cold chicken porridge?

I think I could do a shot for £40 - genuinely don’t know if I could survive the pint.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
How much would it take to get you to down a pint of cold chicken porridge?

I think I could do a shot for £40 - genuinely don’t know if I could survive the pint.
I actually gagged just reading this. Without seeing it just reading it you’d know it would be rank. I just don’t understand how anyway didn’t tell her that it’s the worse name for a dish EVER!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
She should make herself chicken porridge overnight hybrid oats! 🤢 yes - with the carrots, too. It will be EXACTLY like a roast dinner, then you wont have depression anymore and you’ll be fixed, simples. Don’t nick that depressipe please Jack, it’s here absolutely free for people who need it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Ha, I wasn’t being a head at all (just my opinion, m’lud) - I was only asking about the off topic rules 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also I really hope I didn’t come across like Jack flouncing off social media only to reappear moments later! I was just meaning I felt quite told off and fancied a toddler style sulk. I’ve had a few glasses of wine tonight so I blame that. You’re all a bunch of lovelies xxx

I’m off to check Jack’s twitter.
Ah, don't go, I think it's super easy to get a warning on here - I got one for attempting to moderate 🤷

My favourite thing about Tattle is that nearly no Covid chat sneaks through, it's like the perfect little safe haven. I didn't realise it was because it all just gets deleted 😂

In other news, I dated a guy who insisted his therapist diagnosed him with some kind of sociopathic narcissism. Actually, he was just an hole.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Finally caught up again and christ on a bike, I've eye rolled so hard over the last 11 pages my eyeballs almost stuck, gave me quite the scare 😂....

I can't bare to watch the insta video, with no Matt to hold her hand, it's a no from me, I do however look forward to the tattle watch along where I will be here waiting for you brave soldiers who will watch her IG live and report back here for us who can't bear to watch

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Early in lockdown I tried to make a chicken soup using some old roast chicken that had gone TOUGH, it was in one of those soup makers. Anyway it ended up like a bitty chicken mess, it did look like porridge tbh despite using no oats I just think the chicken was too tough to be made into a soup. The first run in the machine produced a watery shredded chicken so I tried to add milk to make it classier and it just made it worse, plus it burnt to the bottom of the vat.

It was so bad but I had no idea how to get rid of it because there was just SO much of it, litres of it, like the whole soup maker vat was filled nearly to the brim. I didn’t want to clog the drains with it, I was scared about leaving it out for foxes in case one died and the local Facebook group would hunt me down, I just left it in the maker & put it in a bin liner, paralysed by fear. I know it’s terribly wasteful but the smell was so bad I feel I had no choice?

The bin men didn’t take the bag it was in the first time we left it out so it was left to fester for another week, we were so scared they knew what we’d done and would just never take it. Thankfully they did but duck me the bag stunk by week 2. I felt so bad because they’re key workers doing their best for us I didn’t want them to have to smell what I’d done.

Anyway, whenever I hear chicken porridge I’m haunted by these memories so thought I’d share x

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.