Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

capriallie

VIP Member
Hannah Gale #5 Rehashing M&S doesn't make you less of a tone-deaf mess

Guys, I need a thread title with Hubba Hubba in, someone deliver the goods, my brain doesn't work.
Thread suggestion Hannah Gale #5 Hubba hubba ding dong, The Leopard won’t be round for long

• Haha
Reactions: 51

barryjones

VIP Member
I was just about to reply to a comment on their insta but I cba to get into an argument with cretins. But someone has commented "Congrats Hannah! Ignore all the trolls. You never did anything wrong apart from use a word half the population used to use to describe having a Chinese. Please don't let them win XXX ♥". Fuck me, is everyone racist? Never ever in my 30-odd years have I used that term. Also just cos one other white middle class bitch says it's okay does not make it okay.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Is her brother transgender? He is in the long orange dress in the top pic and has changed his name to Poppy. I’m sure Hannah wouldn’t like slurs being made against him but it’s no biggie to make racial slurs
Just FYI is you think her sibling is trans, referring to her as a man is transphobic. Let's not drag her family into this if they've got nothing to do with it - am sure they didn't ask Hannah to post a shitty non-apology!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

barryjones

VIP Member
It's honestly the most white middle class girl privilege thing ever. To think you can use a racist term in your WORK, be called out by people who are (rightly) very offended by it, ignore them, cry bullying, leave for a bit, come back (in order to make money), not acknowledge it, not apologise and just carry on like she's done nothing wrong.
Absolutely galling. If I used racist language at work I would be disciplined and probably sacked but to Hannah it's a minor inconvenience and she feels a bit upset that people are having a go at her.

Sorry I keep hammering the point but she's making money from this.

Reactions: 40

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Im a normal person, have a normal job, normal life. I dont have an online presence.

I am not racist but actions this year made me realise that it wasnt enough to be not racist. I promised myself that I would educate myself, Ive since read or listened to quite a few books, have read blogs, watched documentaries.

I have called out casual racism twice now in work. I have called out family members several times. Its uncomfortable, of course it is. I have a much greater understanding of white privilege but I still have learning to do.

I wanted to do this, and its difficult. Its not easy to look at yourself and see times in the past when you have perhaps not reacted the best or said the right thing. But know better, do better, be better.

If you dont know, say you dont know. Dont post up some bullshit response and hope you can get back to swipe ups.

Reactions: 38

virgofalls

VIP Member
My prediction is coming true. Relaunch in the new year, lots of diverse content to start with to gain the followers back and then it will gradually revert back to a superficial hubba hubba ding dong blog about where to find the most middle class bog brush.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
Not a new idea between them. "Ooh that thing we did last week went down well lets do another immediately". It's just a list of the dullest most cliche things they could think of. So inoffensive, bland, pointless. I honestly think they have less of a sense of voice than a mainstream glossy magazine. It's just press releases and a lot of words without saying anything.

The Leopard is for basic bitches with no personality.
‘Live, Laugh, fuck off’

Their audience are made up of women who think liking Gin, Autumn and Cats is a personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

loubylou50

VIP Member
Omg their latest grid post on books 🤦🏼‍♀️ “We were chatting and just happened to realise that some of our most recent favourite authors are black and Asian”
I am cringing 😬 so hard for them at how obviously fake this is coming across!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Snapfish

In over their heads already...! I wonder if they’ve tried to approach anyone or just expect people to come to them?! Also I’ve noticed the sign offs are always Gem & Hannah, as opposed to Hannah & Gem now...
Basically, can we pay you to make us look less racist? Save them having to do anything themselves

Reactions: 31

Iced Coffee

"The reality [of having two kids] is that you don’t ever really get to sit down. Unless you’re driving. And you’re probably driving to get your baby to sleep because they’ve been awake for two hours and are screaming and your frantic Google of ‘how long should my two month be awake for?’ has told you they should only be awake for an hour, but THEY WON’T FUCKING FALL ASLEEP BECAUSE YOUR TODDLER KEEPS SHOUTING BECAUSE HE CAN’T CLICK OFF THE YOUTUBE ADVERTS ON YOUR PHONE. And so you’re driving, mostly to get the baby to sleep but also because you need a Drive-Thru coffee and you want to turn Capital Extra Reloaded up loud enough to cover the muffled whines coming from the back seats, so that your drive basically counts as a form of self-care."

I feel so uncomfortable reading this shit. Has no one ever told Hannah that she doesn't have to keep having kids?? Like, she can stop any time she wants, because she's obviously hating every second of it??

I get that parenthood is rough, especially in those early years. But there's a viciousness to everything she writes that is so damn uncomfortable. F-bombs, wanting to "cover up the muffled whines coming from the back seats"... Yikes.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Pinkii

VIP Member
The stupid person who commented about half the population using that word is another reason why Hannah needs to do a proper post as to why its such a disgusting slur to use, she can actually use this as a teachable moment for her stupid followers, use your platform for something deeper than a midi skirt for once

Reactions: 30