Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Personal blog? No it was your job, your brand, your whole identity. Not some personal diary you used to jot down your feelings.

That is a piss poor attempt. Its not even an apology. I am absolutely flabbergasted.

Reactions: 24

Burrito88

VIP Member
Amazing 👏🏻🙌🏻👀 we love you. Please more tea!

Grieving the pregnancy she thought she'd have. She's so dramatic. Her writing is always the same, it reminds me of the "sob stories" on x factor. This big woe is me, tears, life is so hard.... Then the music comes.... BUT I know I'll be ok, I'm stronger than I think.... Music crescendo....I GOT THIS ❤..... Music fades.... everything is going to be ok/I wouldn't want it any other way/then I look around and realise life isn't so bad. The end.
Imagine writing like this on your personal account too. What a whopper 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m not being funny but second pregnancy with a toddler is never going to be a chill walk in the park of lunches and pregnancy messages. I just remember spending most of mine dealing with toddler tantrums, putting CBeebies on constant repeat and hoping that the baby would decide to come at a convenient time so we could have childcare in place.
It may sound trite but the world did not stop and I had to continue to be a mum, worked right up until the day I had the baby (from home as a digital writer and social media marketeer no less!)

It was less enjoying it and more getting on with it.

LADS, I didn’t even get a nap!

Reactions: 23

JellyDonut

VIP Member
I followed her a couple of years ago then unfollowed her now I’m interested... what’s happened? Sorry I’m way behind
Boy oh boy. Basically... ever since she had Atti (child number one) her entire content consisted of her complaining about having to ever look after him, because she wanted to spend all day every day lying in bed playing animal crossing or watching Grey’s Anatomy or Jane The Virgin. Occasionally we would be treated to complaints of how greasy her hair or how spotty her skin was because she hadn’t washed either for over a week, and would also pick up dirty crumpled clothes off her bedroom floor and take mirror selfies like “LOL it me I’m so relatable lads”. She had a weird obsessive love for talking about her menstrual cycle and mercury being in retrograde. She’d Chuck a few #aff links in every now and again to various midi skirts, and seemed to survive solely off of Aldi pretzel chocolate and pineapple fried rice.

She then got pregnant with baby number two (another boy named Ziggy). Her “content” was still the same just with even MORE complaining. About a week after she announced the pregnancy she threw a huge strop and flounced off the ‘gram because in an old blog post from 2013 she used a racial slur. She was called out at the time for it and many other times over the last 7 years, but ignored/blocked every single person who pulled her up on it. And then all of a sudden after the BLM movement this year she got pulled up on it again and it caused quite an uproar. She issued a shit apology claiming nobody pointed it out to her at the time or that she didn’t notice if they had (lies which I think we had proof of somewhere). Then when nobody would accept her shit apology she flounced and made a dramatic “goodbye cruel Instagram world” post and that was that.

however last week she came back to Instagram running a new page/blog with some random woman named Gemma, peddling the same old tat she did before. No mention of an apology or what she had learned during her time away or how she had been working to educate herself on racism, etc. Many people began pointing this out to her and she issued some shit hastily worded and put together statement basically saying “I’ve said I’m sorry and that’s that”. And has ever since limited and blocked comments on posts so nobody can say anything about it. She is basically just sweeping everything under the carpet hoping it all just goes away and she can earn a few quid in time for Christmas on Christmas shopping swipe ups.

• Haha
  • Wow
Sorry sorry, I didn’t mean to imply she was being bullied because she isn’t - people are literally just raising the point to her, literally GIVING her words to say and she is still choosing to ignore it, it is entitled and it is clearly ingrained - she is incredibly privileged to be able to not give 2 tosses about current and ongoing topics in the world but instead write about ducking Sainsbury’s sandwiches and aldi chocolate.

I just kind of meant with regards to writing to brands that she may work with in the future, writing to people following her now and ostracising her and making her feel utterly shamed and like she is the only person in the entire world to ever use a casual racial slur probably is the reason she is not coming out and writing anything at all because she’s genuinely fearful that she may say something wrong I would assume. We should all be working together on this, learning together and working towards a better future in which racism is completely abolished. As I said, if she doesn’t want to acknowledge this or take the heat and right her wrong and learn from it openly then she needs to move on and do something else well away from thousands of people on the internet who are ALL moving forward and learning and bettering but if she does then I feel like there is a line seeing as there is much more work to be done on social media and in the world than jumping on some fashion blogger continuously and probably giving her a some kind of nervous breakdown because she literally cannot say anything right to some. And no, I am absolutely not taking away the pain and hurt that this saga has caused people, it’s an uncomfortable subject to talk about and I will straight up call her out for her racism but there is creating open discussions in order to teach and learn and progress and then there is running someone off the internet and destroying their mental health That’s all!

Of course, the other side to this is that she might not give a shit at all and genuinely might not be planning to say anything about any of it and in that case then I’m seriously disappointed that people even give her blog and internet opinions the time of day and that she clearly thinks she’s above offending others just to write about her shitty midi skirts and food.
I’m sorry but your reply is actually upsetting. She doesn’t need anyone to play devils advocate. She’s had plenty of time, 7 years in fact to come correct.
I literally sent her an email years ago explaining and she iggnored it. When it all came up again recently I messaged her again and she blocked me. She’s not someone who is not naive and had no clue. She had a long time to figure her way out of having used casual racism and she CHOSE not to.
please do not defend that.

• Heart
  • Wow

Instafamous1

VIP Member
I grew up in the North East of England and can absolutely assure you that it’s common practice to say it there - or at least was in the 90s/00s. So I imagine, depending on where that commenter comes from, it might have been all they knew for a while that people around them said it...
I think everyone acting like they are so ‘woke’ they have never even heard the word is lying 😂 I will admit I used to think it was a shortered name for the Chinese (ignorant on my part and obviously now I know otherwise)
It was probably the same case for Hannah, however she has completely handled it wrong And hasn’t showed that she has educated herself in any way and admitted she completely ignored the messages asking her to take it down. If she had just admitted she didn’t understand the Word and apologised we may not even be having this convo!

Blondeone

Mary Agyeiwaa Agyapong.. a PREGNANT BAME nurse who worked at an NHS hospital during the covid pandemic who tragically lost her life due to virus. Maybe when Hannah reads here that will put her 'missed out' pregnancy into perspective.

• Heart

Underpants

I get that, but the comments themselves aren’t referring to that - they’re referring to her using the term “kids” or swearing when talking about her kids. That’s what I’m calling out...not the fact that she seems to be surprised that parenting Is tough...
Thing is, she's written about parenting in negative and hostile terms for ages, virtually since Atti's arrival (and she didn't half bleat on about the struggles of pregnancy before that). She's written several times that she wanted kids to enact some kind of fantasy version of her own childhood, it's not that she actually likes kids or thrives on responsibility. When she does write about the positives of parenthood it is usually about how she feels like *she's* having it all/girl bossing it. She rarely writes about enjoying spending time with her children, and it's never about them - only about her self-image. It's very jarring because she writes gleefully about pleasures connected with tv shows, food, make-up - and the enthusiasm or joy rarely appears in her posts about her kids. There's no balance.

She's also written about her estrangement from her mother which can't be easy and perhaps she didn't have a solid role model for a loving mother when she was growing up? I don't know and maybe I'm speculating too much. But her parenting posts aren't kind or respectful or affectionate are they?

Reactions: 22

virgofalls

VIP Member
I grew up in the NE and it was widely used (90s/00s). There was a Chinese takeaway just outside of our school gates that did a lunch time special for kids (soz Jamie Oliver) and I remember that it was always referred to as that particular slur. Just like certain corner shops were known as the 'P' word.

It seems wild to think of that happening now but I know that back then when I was school age I didn't know to question it, I didn't know it was racist and didn't understand using words like that would hurt people.

The problem so many of us have with it is that she was 24/25 at the time of writing the blogpost and should have known better. Especially someone who was writing for national magazines.

But even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and imagine that she didn't know any better even at the age she was, and it truly was ignorance. How she handled it afterward is just as damaging as the slur its self.

The deleting of comments (comments she claims she didn't see - how does that work?). The silence in June when all her peers were posting BLM support. Her forced non apologies. Her refusal to reply to fair and constructive comments. The victim mentality. The arrogant return. The "I want to create a diverse space" but blocking key words that would allow diversity and discussion.

ADizzy7

From the new blog post:

"In the midst of Lockdown 1.0, I was made aware that I had used a racial slur in reference to a Chinese takeaway in a blog post from 2013."

She's STILL lying. it was brought to her attention numerous times between 2013 and 2020. How difficult is it to get this right.

emm

VIP Member
I was just about to reply to a comment on their insta but I cba to get into an argument with cretins. But someone has commented "Congrats Hannah! Ignore all the trolls. You never did anything wrong apart from use a word half the population used to use to describe having a Chinese. Please don't let them win XXX ♥". Fuck me, is everyone racist? Never ever in my 30-odd years have I used that term. Also just cos one other white middle class bitch says it's okay does not make it okay.
I am in my 30sand had also never even heard anyone use it. I cannot imagine it is a common word unless you are a UKIP voter tbh

barryjones

VIP Member
Not a new idea between them. "Ooh that thing we did last week went down well lets do another immediately". It's just a list of the dullest most cliche things they could think of. So inoffensive, bland, pointless. I honestly think they have less of a sense of voice than a mainstream glossy magazine. It's just press releases and a lot of words without saying anything.

The Leopard is for basic bitches with no personality.

Reactions: 21
The more I think about it, the more I’m angry that Hannah has decided it’s not worth keeping this platform going and using it as an opportunity to share resources, take accountability and show the steps she’s taking to be anti-racist . Too much work so she’s flounced!

What really annoys me about all of this is how difficult Hannah is making it. Why is it so difficult for her to make a proper apology? Why can’t she learn from her mistakes? It’s all so gobsmackingly thick. I work in crisis comms and she’s done everything wrong and instead of even trying to fix it she just keeps making it worse. It’s one of the reasons I have no sympathy for her, because anyone else would have made a better apology, would have actually detailed exactly what she’d done to make it better, but she hasn’t. So I think she’s sitting there thinking everyone is out to get her which proves she’s learnt nothing at all.

And then if we put that issue to one side for a moment (please excuse my flippant turn of phrase for something which is not flippant at all) but the blog is so crap. It’s just press releases re-released with different words. It’s mid 2000s magazine style. Adding a few phrases like “Hubba hubba” doesn’t add personality anymore. I used to like Hannah’s blog but now her content is so boring and the same thing again and again. You can see the same thing happening with so many blogs but it’s so apparent with Hannah’s. I can’t think of another influencer who needs to give it up as much as she does. She could probably make a great living doing content for a brand but she’s clearly too lazy to do that. She’s had an easy ride for too long. I think it’s time for her to just go away and live a normal life.