Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's had several months to figure out how to address this, and she could have spent longer. It's not like getting drafted in to do a presentation at work when someone else is off sick and having to swot up and blag it a bit. She literally decided to launch last week and this is the best that she can do.

Reactions: 8
Im a normal person, have a normal job, normal life. I dont have an online presence.

I am not racist but actions this year made me realise that it wasnt enough to be not racist. I promised myself that I would educate myself, Ive since read or listened to quite a few books, have read blogs, watched documentaries.

I have called out casual racism twice now in work. I have called out family members several times. Its uncomfortable, of course it is. I have a much greater understanding of white privilege but I still have learning to do.

I wanted to do this, and its difficult. Its not easy to look at yourself and see times in the past when you have perhaps not reacted the best or said the right thing. But know better, do better, be better.

If you dont know, say you dont know. Dont post up some bullshit response and hope you can get back to swipe ups.

Reactions: 38
I’m wondering exactly where they see this little project fitting in on the internet? As a sort of Stylist-esque online magazine? Because I can see absolutely nothing unique or interesting about it whatsoever. It looks cheap, it’s badly written, the content is far from riveting... what are they trying for?
As for that apology, it’s so pathetic I can’t even bother trying to dissect it. There’s nothing there, is there?

Reactions: 17
Yeah... I’m not sure how they think this is going to take off? Aren’t blogs pretty much a dying medium, I know I never really click through to someone’s blog, I consume more on insta

Reactions: 13
Hannah show us the RECEIPTS. What have you been doing? Where have you been learning? Which BIPOC (especially chinese) ppl have you compensated lately? 'it's an ongoing process' WHAT PROCESSES ARE YOU GOING THROUGH? God the audacity to basically say 'you're gonna have to follow us to find out how inclusive we really are lol' is wild. What is your vision for inclusivity? How are you going to ensure you reach that target, without being tokenistic? Will you be amplifying the voices of BIPOC who have called you out in the past, or just ones who haven't pissed you off? Will you be addressing your white ass privilege AT ALL? Grim. Truly grim.

Reactions: 20
Hannah show us the RECEIPTS. What have you been doing? Where have you been learning? Which BIPOC (especially chinese) ppl have you compensated lately? 'it's an ongoing process' WHAT PROCESSES ARE YOU GOING THROUGH? God the audacity to basically say 'you're gonna have to follow us to find out how inclusive we really are lol' is wild. What is your vision for inclusivity? How are you going to ensure you reach that target, without being tokenistic? Will you be amplifying the voices of BIPOC who have called you out in the past, or just ones who haven't pissed you off? Will you be addressing your white ass privilege AT ALL? Grim. Truly grim.
She's gonna ask black women to trial vibrators then be interviewed. That's it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I am really disappointed but not surprised with that “explanation” from Hannah.

Reactions: 6
Personal blog? No it was your job, your brand, your whole identity. Not some personal diary you used to jot down your feelings.

That is a piss poor attempt. Its not even an apology. I am absolutely flabbergasted.
how is she getting away with this personal blog bullshit when the new venture is clearly the old blog with a new title!

Reactions: 9
Do you reckon she thinks that's sorted now and they can go back to reviewing Christmas sandwiches tomorrow? Can't hide from the grid forever

Reactions: 11
I’m disappointed in the statement they put out. I expected better. This is no better than the apology she gave first time around. I can’t believe she expected to just pick up where she had left off.

Reactions: 9
She's disgusting. No accountability, no proof of action. She doesn't deserve to have any support. I'll be emailing every single brand I see supporting her in any way. I've already messaged all of them highlighting her racist slur and asking them not to engage with her.

Reactions: 8
Loooong time lurker of this thread, but felt compelled to post after this latest debacle. I’m really not surprised at how badly this second apology has been handled and how tokenistic the recent follows are too. Had a read of the new content and the style and tone of the blog articles is so “off”. Joking about extending overdrafts when so many people are in financial difficulties due to Covid. It’s just patronising. Also so many basic grammar mistakes throughout- for two ex journos it’s a bit embarrassing.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.