Hannah Gale #3 A leopard never changes its spots, just its domain name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a well written post and would have been great if she wrote that originally instead of being a coward and running away.

unfortunately it just falls flat for me, but i’m sure loads of people will lap it up and forgive and forget quiite quickly-
i agree it’s well written... but what even is the point in the leopard... in the current climate it just makes no sense

Reactions: 6
Too little too late. Tokenism. She'll be back to the same drivel of content as before once it's "died down" and the spotlight isn't on her.

Reactions: 8
I too think most will forgive and forget now. There doesn’t seem to be a single critique of their pledges in the comments.

Hannah’s essay about doing better took Gemma down with her in a way I didn’t expect them to face up to. Let’s see how they act on it when mercury is back in retrograde.

Reactions: 5
The writing was better than anything she had done toward the end of her blog.

However, she's name dropped books and insta accounts most people follow anyway, I don't really care if she talks about being anti racist in her whatsapp chats??
I also think she should have called out her followers who said 'you've done nothing wrong', yeah it's uncomfortable and you might lose some but isn't that what this is meant to be about?

I agree, what is this 'new venture's purpose? It's like a shite magazine. It's not what I want to consume and I am most definitely their target market. Maybe if she highlighted events/discourse/people who aren't all over instagram anyway The Leopard might bring something to my scrolling that I haven't seen 1000 times already.

From the new blog post:

"In the midst of Lockdown 1.0, I was made aware that I had used a racial slur in reference to a Chinese takeaway in a blog post from 2013."

She's STILL lying. it was brought to her attention numerous times between 2013 and 2020. How difficult is it to get this right.

Reactions: 22
Am fascinated by the dynamic with her and Gemma- the slur was used by Hannah, and yet she 100% drags her under the bus in the new post. Why is Gemma sticking with her?! Does she seriously think Hannah is so ace that she will let herself be tarnished just to stay with her?!

Reactions: 16
Am fascinated by the dynamic with her and Gemma- the slur was used by Hannah, and yet she 100% drags her under the bus in the new post. Why is Gemma sticking with her?! Does she seriously think Hannah is so ace that she will let herself be tarnished just to stay with her?!
Right! I assume she/they would have been called out for Gemma being complicit in standing by Hannah if they didn’t proportion blame to both but I was surprised too.

Omg their latest grid post on books 🤦🏼‍♀️ “We were chatting and just happened to realise that some of our most recent favourite authors are black and Asian”
I am cringing 😬 so hard for them at how obviously fake this is coming across!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Omg their latest grid post on books 🤦🏼‍♀️ “We were chatting and just happened to realise that some of our most recent favourite authors are black and Asian”
I am cringing 😬 so hard for them at how obviously fake this is coming across!!
Pretty sure Hannah read My Sister The Serial Killer years ago... its not a new development. So its oh what books have I read that might have been written by someone who isnt white.

The reason I know this is because I bought it and read it after she recommended it and it was Christmas 2019.

Reactions: 14
Pretty sure Hannah read My Sister The Serial Killer years ago... its not a new development. So its oh what books have I read that might have been written by someone who isnt white.

The reason I know this is because I bought it and read it after she recommended it and it was Christmas 2019.
Yeah same she chirped on about it ages ago, more tokenism in action from Hannah... you didn’t actively seek out ethnic minority authors hun, you jumped on an insta bandwagon 18 months ago

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I too think most will forgive and forget now. There doesn’t seem to be a single critique of their pledges in the comments.

Hannah’s essay about doing better took Gemma down with her in a way I didn’t expect them to face up to. Let’s see how they act on it when mercury is back in retrograde.
but I think this is only because the only people still following are those who didn't see the issue with her racism, does anyone here still follow her? I look at the Leopard every now and again but wouldn't dream of actually following

Yeah I remember discussing it with someone on hear a long time ago (IIRC, could be a different thread)

I see alex (frugality) as re-followed.
That’s really disappointing. I’m not following but I don’t know how anyone can say what she’s done is enough. It’s
1) too little
2) too late
3) tokenism
4) performative
5) completely self centred
6) not anti racist but just “not racist” (talking specifically about their pledges here)
7) shoe horned in to their “regular content” because they’re clearly afraid of getting called out again. (Talking specifically about the hey we’ve enjoyed books by Black and Asian authors! Here)

I feel like we should all play HG bingo when she returns
- LADS
- HUBBA HUBBA
- a lil summin summin
- a reference to her boyfriend as “childcare”
- a midi skirt
- a “size up”
- another post about being a ‘working mummy’ 🙄
- an unmade bed featured somewhere
- toddler complaint
- pineapple rice
- chipped manicure
- aldi pretzel choccy huns
- open mouth fake laugh
- hand on chin pose
- greasy hair reference

BIINNNGGGOOOOOO

Have I missed anything!?
Period update

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Did she ever unfollow? Have a feeling that she might have missed it all while she had a new baby
yep she definitely hd unfollowed, as I follow alex and when i would check hannah’s page she wasn’t following after their last statement end of the year when other influencers called them out.

Reactions: 2
yep she definitely hd unfollowed, as I follow alex and when i would check hannah’s page she wasn’t following after their last statement end of the year when other influencers called them out.
Oh you're right! I just realised Alex was one of the people unfollowed over this. There were a few Instagram accounts I ended up unfollowing because they seemed to be tacitly endorsing the leopard.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think she can come back now. I feel like people are so over her in the industry that she will will struggle. It’s her own doing though 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.