Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PiggyPoo

I don't condone her travelling for one second, but I was looking at the threads before this (before the Dubai thing even happened) and I just see it being mentioned a lot. I don't really get why it keeps having to be mentioned. So she lives in a nice house, so what?

But thanks for the replies anyway though.
I don't know where you're from but I just want to pick up on the house comment because it's kinda grating on me. I think maybe you don't realise just how privileged she is?

She doesn't live in a "nice house" she lives in a Hall. It's enormous. She has about 70 football pitches' worth of land in addition to her huge home. It's not normal big, it's closer in scale to a castle than to a British house.

I know in other countries it's normal to have a big, spacious house with a large garden and a lot of privacy.

In Britain 50% of houses are terraced or semi-detached, meaning there's no escaping from your neighbours. Even detached houses aren't typically far though from anyone else for it to matter. I won't even mention flats because the issues there are self-evident.

So the rest of us plebs have been living in close quarters with our neighbours through loud music, arguments, screaming children and general life noise without a break. We've been working from a kitchen table, holding conference calls from sofas, often while our partners are also working from home and the kids are being home-schooled reluctantly. But it's Fleur de Fraud, in her Hall, who really needs a holiday. People book vacations in stately homes, and she lives in one. That's why it's so galling.

• Heart
Reactions: 101

Hinchoff

People who are saying she doesn't care about the NHS because she doesn't use it, do you realise that she will still be paying towards the NHS via taxes? This puts less pressure on NHS (possibility of covid spread aside).
Cute that you think the wealthy pay their fair share of tax 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

slugella

VIP Member
Ugh Fleur. I'm not really surprised that she's done something like this. But the fact that she already lives a life of luxury in a huge house with massive private grounds around her house and STILL felt that she deserved to go on holiday is so vile. Some people are in tiny flats with no access to a garden or no local green spaces and are still following the rules.

Oh how the other half live. I hope people stop watching her but doubtful. A lot of people rant about influencers yet still follow them and engage with their content and it's just adding to their success and fortune.

Hope she ends up in the media for this, might teach her a much needed lesson and knock her a little closer to reality.

Reactions: 86

hrh89

VIP Member
What are these influencers “escaping” from?? why do they all so desperately need a holiday?? You’ve got people living in poverty who cannot escape this god awful situation and have no choice but to stay home and put up with it. These influencers have all the luxuries you could want at home big houses latest gadgets big gardens loads of space. I’m sick to death of this. Every single one of them who’s gone off on holiday is selfish out of touch and gross.

Last edited:
Reactions: 70

Hobbitsies

I really like Fleur as a influencer but this has lost the respect. 1. The UAE has horrific human rights track records wanting to travel there isn’t cute and if that wasn’t enough 2. IN A PANDEMIC and lying about it. What bad judgement, what stupidity. What a shove in the face to everyone following the rules and cancelling shit left and right.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

ot55

VIP Member
She’s unfollowed the Dubai hotel off instagram!! We see you fleur. Really lost my respect for her

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 69

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I hope this is ok? Never opened a thread on here before, so sorry if this is not the correct way to do it...

So after pretending to care about pandemic restrictions for almost a year, Fleur felt it was time for a well-deserved time out while the UK is going into national lockdown for two month. But she's totally sensible about it and went to the unknown, remote destination of Dubai where she and her family will surely never ever meet any other travelers :))

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

Snapfish

Remember when way back in the first lockdown she took a photo of Rivs in a meadow having a picnic and people told her off for leaving home for an non-essential journey....then she had to come out and say "Guys it wasn't an non-essential journey this is part of my estate"
Not to derail the discussion on privilege but that did make me chuckle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

londongirl2001

VIP Member
This will be an unpopular opinion, but why do people care so much about what celebs/influencers are up to? Why don’t we get on with our own lives and leave them to it?
This question on a page dedicated to discussing what nonsense celebs and influencers are up to- cracks me up, sorry :-D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I tend to just lurk over on the Lydia Millen Gordon thread but a quick couple of questions. I'm not defending or condemning as I like to say out of shit, hence rarely posting.

For people who are saying her apology isn't good enough, what did you want her apology to say? What did you want in addition to her apology?

People who are saying she doesn't care about the NHS because she doesn't use it, do you realise that she will still be paying towards the NHS via taxes? This puts less pressure on NHS (possibility of covid spread aside).

People do seem to get a real bee in their bonnet about privileged people using private health care and education but they don't seem to acknowledge that those people still pay towards state services despite not using them. If everyone who could afford to not use the NHS stopped using it a lot of NHS pressure would be relieved.

If this was an ordinary family, who lived in a small house and who had scrimped and saved all year for this family hoilday, would you feel differently to now?

Do you think that every influencer should disclose every holiday that they go on?
Fleur is that you?

it feels like you’re missing the point a little bit.

She lied about being away. She did vlogs saying she wasn’t going away. She put photos insinuating she was in the country. She deleted comments when people pulled her up on it.

When she realised she had to come clean, she did a non apology apology on a pic that was already on her grid, which already had buckets of likes and positive comments, for no other reason than to mislead further.

Just like every other influencer out there - dishonest and misleading.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

gee13

VIP Member
I think one of the comments on her insta put it right.. “all her privilege and it wasn’t enough” I really liked Fleur and it’s more the deceit behind all this, shows that she does think she’s better than everyone else because she has money. If she could live a day like most in England she’d have thought twice, makes me sick to think of her huge home and property and everything she owns, not having to worry about money etc when some struggle to make it through each week. So effing entitled just like the rest of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Smca53

VIP Member
I'm British too but even then I still don't get what all the fuss is about. I don't come from a particularly special background but I did get a scholarship to go to a boarding school for my sixth form years and there were loads of students who had homes like that (and a couple even had family castles up in Scotland in addition). I admit I did feel a bit out of place over there, but it's not like any one looked down on me for my background.

Again, I still don't condone the holiday, I just don't see what the general fuss is about regarding her home. Is she supposed to apologise for what she has? It's more important that she genuinely apologises for being irresponsible enough to travel in the midst of a global pandemic.
To add to my last reply, which I can no longer edit: I love that you attended a boarding school, presumably receiving a top-notch education that would open so many doors for you, mixing with the wealthy elite who own literal castles and yet... you don’t understand what, er, privilege, is? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
She only apologised cos she got caught.
If she wasn’t called out she would have continued to lie that she was in the UK and in lockdown

Continuing to flog shit on her lockdown vlogs

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Snapfish

Do people want brands to drop her? Is that not cancel culture?
Cancel culture is a load of tosh. If you face consequences to your actions, isn’t that consequence culture? It’s not like she will never receive a penny again and don’t be able to share her opinions which I’m guessing what ‘cancelled’ is. Like those people that write in national newspapers, go on TV and tweet about how they’ve been ‘cancelled’ when in reality they had to fake apologise for something they did knowing it was wrong.

I don’t care if brands drop her or not (they won’t) she won’t face any consequences. It’s disappointing, highlights that deceiving comes as second nature to her and she feels entitled to do what she likes despite saying the exact opposite to please her following,.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Maggiemoo32

If she is in Dubai, I think I'm more annoyed about her posting a photo of her in her garden making out it was taken today, than her actually being abroad. It's really manipulative and sneaky if that's what she has done.

• Angry
Reactions: 56

Talensandtruths

What also really annoys me is that it just shows how selfish and narcissistic these influencer (and the general public) are. A holiday or trip is a god damn luxury, not a necessity...very few people used to be able to afford holidays, let alone ones abroad! They went on a break to Kent in the summer! Fleur has support system/staff around her constantly to offset stresses of life.

Giving up a luxury during a global pandemic for the greater good is not a hardship. Going without water, sanitation, food, shelter IS. Justifying travelling because the stupid Tory government didn’t have the common sense to shut off ALL travel (ignoring science and understanding of how viruses spread, and how the world is in this situation in the first place) is misguided and quite frankly idiotic on levels I can’t begin to rant about.

I would love a proper holiday, but only when the risk is very low or non-existent. How the BoJo could you possibly relax with a virus running rampant? That’ll be my luxury when I’ve survived this hell! I’m on the frontline and I’ve seen countless patients die. I’m tired, I’m fed up, and dreaming of luxuries again, but I go on. Rich, privileged and entitled people deserve to get bitten in the arse hard by covid. Don’t play with fire and expect not to get burnt. Let’s hope they don’t expect the NHS to pick up their extravagant selfishness, go private and get off my caseload🖕🏼. Sorry I needed to rant!

• Heart

PiggyPoo

This is such BULLSHIT. I have been stuck in the house for 9??? months. My partner works in a hospital in London which is overrun with Covid patients, he's stressed to hell and has brought Covid home. I couldn't attend my grandmother's funeral as she lived and died in a different country. I've had to deal with a miscarriage on my own. I would love to go on holiday, but my "needs" don't trump spreading this fucking virus and potentially killing other people.

Fleur de Fraud and others like her can fuck off.

• Heart
  • Sad

Meg5290

I don’t know if this has been previously mentioned but on Glassdoor it says that Mike has furloughed his staff, then if you go on available cars Facebook page some staff have commented saying he’s actually made 300 people redundant. Yet he goes to Dubai...

• Wow
  • Angry