Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SORRY. Making a correction. Looks like the mom went to Portugal and Fleur , her sister, and others also did a beach trip somewhere else at the exact same time..

Hannah commented she was jealous on the moms post

ETA: I deleted the other post to avoid confusion.
Ah, thanks, got her IG now.
Scrolled down to October, a picture with a (new?) puppy. Is that her house in the background? It says #home. I mean... wow...

With the fact that there are now 1300 deaths a day and rising in the U.K., I think the people who decided to travel out of the U.K. should stay where they are!

You wanted to go to Dubai so much Fleur you can bloody well stay there! Enjoy living in a misogynistic country where you need Mike’s permission to leave the country and if you ever separated you would lose the right to your child to your husband!!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Sorry that apology doesn’t wash with me as they stopped the christmas 5 days and announced tier 4 for most of the country she shouldnt have gone. She supposedly went most of the year without going abroad.. why decide to do this? I just don’t understand her logic at all?
Just because others were doing it doesn’t mean you should have!

Reactions: 52
I think one of the comments on her insta put it right.. “all her privilege and it wasn’t enough” I really liked Fleur and it’s more the deceit behind all this, shows that she does think she’s better than everyone else because she has money. If she could live a day like most in England she’d have thought twice, makes me sick to think of her huge home and property and everything she owns, not having to worry about money etc when some struggle to make it through each week. So effing entitled just like the rest of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Not a terrible apology but also not great. The whole "I only thought it was ok because so many other people were doing it - I'm such a sheep, guys" aspect of it had me rolling my eyes. I still firmly believe that the old photo and mentioning of having to cancel her UK break WERE intended to deliberately deceive her audience, despite her claims. I suppose there's no way to prove that though, so not much point dwelling on it anymore.

Reactions: 48
I kind of had to “laugh” at the reference to people around her travelling and therefore assuming it was ok. People around me are not travelling. I must be in different circles. (I’m in the Netherlands though, but the situation isn’t good here either).

Reactions: 29
All the people commenting stuff like "do what you want!!" "my family have taken holidays too it's been a tough year" "you totally deserve a holiday!!" are making me 🤦‍♀️ you are the reason the pandemic is still raging!! Everyone wants and deserves a holiday after this crap, but we can't go because people are still dying. It's the same with masks -I truly loathe wearing them, they make my face sweaty and it's harder to breathe, but if everyone would just suck it up and deal this would all be over a lot sooner and we wouldn't have to wear them anymore! We make sacrifices because it's the right thing to do.

The apology seems sort of sincere and transparent about timing and being a daft sheep thinking it's okay because she saw other people go. Her reasoning is stupid, it's been awful regardless of tiers and we knew it was going to get worse. UK and US governments have been absolutely shite at keeping it under control so why should we look to them for guidelines? There's really no justification and she should definitely make a big donation to the NHS or another healthcare org but beyond that it's not like she can go back in time. She should have known better beforehand. I'll stay subscribed for now but the main draw for me is her vlogs and I'm not sure how I'll believe anything she says

Reactions: 42
I think “by the sea with a g and t” is Hannah. She posts a lot of loving being by the seaside...and her fave g&t. Or in her stories, she says stuff like “is it too early for a g&t?”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I mean, I suppose an apology on a 4 day old Instagram post is better than nothing. She's obviously decided that it's easier to get away with being a bit stupid (I don't buy for one second that she didn't realise what "midnight on boxing day" entailed and didn't think to quickly Google for clarification) than it is to try getting away with presuming your audience were stupid enough to believe your bullshit. Fair enough, she'll bounce back no doubt. I won't trust another thing she posts or says though - she's been caught being sly and there are only so many times you can pass that off as innocent ignorance.

Reactions: 31
All this misunderstanding tiers nonsense is just an excuse to hide behind. Picked up a paper Fleur? Seen social media? Spoken to people?! Any idiot know matter what tier you are in could see that travelling abroad is a stupid idea. Our numbers are out of control because of the likes of YOU doing what you like. I’m sick of seeing the privileged carry on as normal whilst the rest of us are doing our best to keep our heads above water. What’s worse is they publicise it or try and get away with it.

Unfollowed now. Shame as I was recently getting back into watching her, thinking she was different from the other influencers. How wrong was I!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think that’s a decent apology, to be fair. It doesn’t absolve her of her poor decision, but she has owned it more than plenty of other influencers who travelled.

Reactions: 39
I’m in Ireland & I’m in shock about how bad things have gotten here since 26th. I didn’t travel, go to parties etc. but there are things I would have done differently if I’d seen this coming. I wouldn’t have gone to restaurants, & I’d have said F it & stayed at home for Christmas.

Reactions: 12
Fleur is definitely still trying to contain this. I suspect the overspill on to You Tube yesterday has prompted the revised statement especially if she has paid partnerships/ADs coming up later in the month. Some of the language is still not great 'I'm sorry if anyone feels disappointed' 'I'm only human' I think any PR company would have advised her to issue a much shorter unreserved apology rather than trying to qualify the extremely poor decisions she has made. Of course a lot of people saying in the comments that she doesn't need to apologise at all but I guess that's why 7000 people are now in hospital in London alone, 2000 more than at the height of the first wave. Hoping all my fellow Tattlers are managing to stay safe. xxx

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.