Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh Fleur. I'm not really surprised that she's done something like this. But the fact that she already lives a life of luxury in a huge house with massive private grounds around her house and STILL felt that she deserved to go on holiday is so vile. Some people are in tiny flats with no access to a garden or no local green spaces and are still following the rules.

Oh how the other half live. I hope people stop watching her but doubtful. A lot of people rant about influencers yet still follow them and engage with their content and it's just adding to their success and fortune.

Hope she ends up in the media for this, might teach her a much needed lesson and knock her a little closer to reality.

Reactions: 86
Like so many of you she was the last Youtuber I enjoyed watching... I can't watch another video of hers again, tbh. I wonder what her next move will be.... I agree she's likely take a break and home to come back as though nothing happened.

Btw, can't believe it's already time for another Fleur thread 😯 Is this her biggest scandal to date?

Reactions: 22
She only apologised cos she got caught.
If she wasn’t called out she would have continued to lie that she was in the UK and in lockdown

Continuing to flog tit on her lockdown vlogs

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Sorry but comments like this are so stupid to me. So someone does something undeniably immoral/irresponsible/insensitive, they get caught and after initially trying to conceal it, they finally ‘apologize’ (in a half assed manner), and just because there’s “nothing more they can do” suddenly people should accept the apology, shut up, and move on? If the solution to everything was just “stop watching/listening/reading” the world would be one hell of a fucked up place!! (Even more so than currently) Just because someone issues an apology doesn’t mean people should accept it, doesn’t mean there aren’t more things to criticize, and sure as hell doesn’t mean people should stop discussing the matter at stake. Fleur has barely had to deal with 3 days of backlash. It’s not like it’s being rehashed months later.

She probably won’t lose any business over this, and even if she did, her livelihood does not depend on YouTube whatsover (she’s a multi millionaire who does not and will never need to work a day in her life). She still has many supporters, including many hundreds of thousands of people who don’t even have a clue about this whole drama (since she tried her best to keep it on the low). She will suffer virtually no consequences for her actions. I really don’t see why people should refrain from voicing their frustrations and disappointment at this point.

“What else do people want from her” really is the last question people should be asking. More like “when will influencers learn? When will they stop being so entitled, careless, manipulative, ignorant? When will they actually accept responsibility for their actions?” And at the very least, in the short term, when will they understand that this bleeping pandemic is a serious matter that they are not immune from?
Totally! I get sick of reading the comments on her lame apology post that as someone said herr she didn't create a new post she just edited one four days old so it won't show up in anyones new posts that's already a sign of not beign sorry for her mistake.

People saying "is her life let her be" this is why we are in this situation with NHS collapsing for selfish c#nts who go on a holidays just because there are flights and borders are not closed or with thecexcuse that rules weren't clear well back they were very clear, she and her family have put more people at risk back in the UK, knowing Fleur she would dump River in the nursery or go out and see people beacuse what she showed in her lockdown vlogs are what people wanted to see, but peoplw in the comments are another level, they don't watch the news just because it didn't affect you (yet) then screw the rest.

Reactions: 35
Hope she ends up in the media for this, might teach her a much needed lesson and knock her a little closer to reality.
Unfortunately I don't think the media care. All the DM and The S*n post are pictures of "celebs" on the beach in Dubai in bikinis anyway!

Reactions: 9
Of course she only apologised because she was caught, it's bloody human nature! It's the reason pretty much all apologies are given.

Reactions: 15
She doesn't do youtube or instagram for a living but is all an ego booster for her, and she might have all the money but is terrible stingy I remember in her perfume collection video she said she loved a Trish McEvoy perfume and everytime she walkedd by the counter would spray it on her because they were so expensive and only got a bottle when the brand sent it to her, she truly lovea the freebies and the attention from the brands.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I'm out of the loop but what happened exactly? I glanced briefly through the thread and it seems like she went abroad for a holiday during lockdown?

Reactions: 2
Do people want brands to drop her? Is that not cancel culture?
Cancel culture is a load of tosh. If you face consequences to your actions, isn’t that consequence culture? It’s not like she will never receive a penny again and don’t be able to share her opinions which I’m guessing what ‘cancelled’ is. Like those people that write in national newspapers, go on TV and tweet about how they’ve been ‘cancelled’ when in reality they had to fake apologise for something they did knowing it was wrong.

I don’t care if brands drop her or not (they won’t) she won’t face any consequences. It’s disappointing, highlights that deceiving comes as second nature to her and she feels entitled to do what she likes despite saying the exact opposite to please her following,.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Do people want brands to drop her? Is that not cancel culture?
Not sure, but it did happen to Arielle from Something Navy early on in the pandemic when Nordstrom dropped her.

I am wondering what brands will do now? Will they want to be affiliated with FDF?

Not buying her apology. The tiers couldn’t have been any more clear and unless you’ve got blinders on you knew exactly what tier you were in.
The fact that she was unsure and went "oops my bad" about it is just a cover up. I'm tired of the lot of them, influencers, two bit celebrities, everybody and their dogs are flogging stuff they don't like for the money they don't need to people they don't care about. It's unbelievable that even a crisis like a pandemic can't kock sense into people.

Brands don't give a fig, they will continue to work with these clowns because of numbers and stats. They have done so for years for that very reason, not because any of these people are the epitome of smarts and grace.

Reactions: 23
I'm out of the loop but what happened exactly? I glanced briefly through the thread and it seems like she went abroad for a holiday during lockdown?
She went on a holiday to Dubai while lockdown was already declared, people who live there saw here and left comments related to her being there, then other people knew she was in Dubai and started asking about it and she was lying saying she was at home evenposting old photos of her in her house, but it came to a point it was obvious she was in Dubai that she had to confess

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Not sure, but it did happen to Arielle from Something Navy early on in the pandemic when Nordstrom dropped her.

I am wondering what brands will do now? Will they want to be affiliated with FDF?
I doubt many (if any) brands will ever know about this. They'd 1. Have to check back on an old Instagram post of Fleur's. Note how she did not make a new post with her explanation/apology attached. Instead, she edited the caption of a post that's currently four days old or 2. Have to see her story which she conveniently posted at the weekend and which will have vanished by this time tomorrow i.e it will be gone by the time most PR's get to work on Monday. I doubt she'll face any major consequences.

That's, of course, if the apology on Instagram is the end of it - and it all dies down from here. Which I think it probably will.

Reactions: 7
Just catching up now, the further you get down the IG comments (not the ones in direct reply to her apology) there are alot of unhappy folks. Just seen one tag all the brands she works with.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My favourite part of the “apology” was the ending.. “there’s nothing more I can say, I’m signing off for a few days to reflect” .... bet writing all that bullshit really took it out of her poor dear .. probably needs another holiday ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Just catching up now, the further you get down the IG comments (not the ones in direct reply to her apology) there are alot of unhappy folks. Just seen one tag all the brands she works with.
It will be interesting to see if she deletes that comment!

Reactions: 6
That's, of course, if the apology on Instagram is the end of it - and it all dies down from here. Which I think it probably will.
Agreed. She will take a longer break and come back in February with a regular, sponsored video. Dubai will never be mentioned again. She won't vlog, there'll be some bs explanation about how she feels her privacy hasn't been respected so she won't continue vlogging. Maybe towards the end of the year again, where she can sneak in some ads into the vlogs (as she has done in 2020 as well).

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.