Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
Sorry that apology doesn’t wash with me as they stopped the christmas 5 days and announced tier 4 for most of the country she shouldnt have gone. She supposedly went most of the year without going abroad.. why decide to do this? I just don’t understand her logic at all?
Just because others were doing it doesn’t mean you should have!

Reactions: 52

DryHeave

She lives in a £4.5m stately home with 120 acres, pool, tennis court, cinema room, home gym, playroom and who knows what else. Very nice for her! But does she really need to escape that rather lovely lockdown set up?

• Heart
Reactions: 51

queenamber

VIP Member
I really like Fleur as a influencer but this has lost the respect. 1. The UAE has horrific human rights track records wanting to travel there isn’t cute and if that wasn’t enough 2. IN A PANDEMIC and lying about it. What bad judgement, what stupidity. What a shove in the face to everyone following the rules and cancelling shit left and right.
Exactly this. To each their own but why anyone would want to travel to Dubai even outside of a pandemic, I'll never know!

• Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I don't really have an issue with it personally. If she has to test neg before she goes and then quarantines when she returns, she wouldn't really be putting anyone at risk. And in terms of irresponsible or unnecessary behavior during covid, that's a dime a dozen, with people not wearing masks, gathering and having parties, going to church services, etc. I can think of multiple people in my own life who haven't been following covid rules by having holiday gatherings and such. It sucks but it's a commonplace thing that it's hard to be outraged at any one person anymore. Even actions like making unnecessary trips to stores just because they're bored puts other people at risk, but I think many people do that. Not sure why going to Dubai in particular is such a big deal. Also, I don't think she has an obligation to tell people all the details of her life. Even though she's a youtuber, she still has her privacy.
Personally, I think one of the reasons the UK is in such a dire situation right now is because of this attitude that if others aren't following the rules why should I? As others have mentioned testing isn't 100% accurate and she may come still come in contact and spread COVID unintentionally.

If the Amelia's or Estee's of the influencer world did this, I think there would be less outrage because they spent 2020 pretending COVID doesn't exist. Fleur on the other hand has given the impression she has taken it all quite seriously and has followed the rules.

• Heart
Please remember that mental health issues don't discriminate.
'Oh you have money and live in a big house in the country? I won't bother you then!' said mental illness

I'm not saying that Fleur has any mental health issues but the assumption that because you everything for a comfortable lockdown that the past year hasn't been hard for you is ridiculous.
No one is saying she hasn’t had a tough year. We are saying that the majority of the UK has had a fucking tough year yet the majority of us haven’t gone “my god I’m feeling so depressed today, I’ll just book a holiday to Dubai!” because we’re decent fucking human beings. If every time I had a depressive episode this year I’d gone on holiday then you could bet your bottom dollar I would have had COVID about 58 times. You can yearn for a holiday but not actually go on one because that’s just LIFE. People need to get over this shit of making excuses for her. Her money just makes it even more despicable because, as someone pointed out, she could go to another wing of her bloody house and she’d feel like she’d gone abroad.

Also this is all such a stupid argument seeing as we all know she literally just went “oh Mike, let’s just get away for Christmas, I’ve seen loads of people going to Dubai...looks good, let’s book it” and did not give a single toss about anything else. So her “reasons” for going are not necessary.

• Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Fleur is totally lying and her timeline /excuse doesn't add up. She cleverly has said they flew out at Christmas - is that Christmas day, eve, boxing day? She says they were in tier 2 when they flew out, this implies it was done before the 26th when they went into tier 3. Fleur posted her what I got for Christmas video on the 30th - clearly that was pre filmed but she 100% gives the impression it was filmed AFTER Christmas and that she spent Christmas in the UK. The situation had been escalating ever since we came out of lockdown at the beginning of December and even with her fake timeline would have known they were going into tier 3 and London had already gone into tier 4. She keeps saying obviously in her response to make it sound factual when no Fleur none of it is. You knew the situation is bad, you knew people wouldn't approve which is why you PURPOSELY wanted to give the impression that you were in the UK. If you thought that it was a good decision you wouldn't have done that. As soon as you saw you had been caught out on a lie, you tried to hide it by deleting comments. The whole point is you knew you would be judged and it would go down badly and so you tried to deceive your audience. Own up to it.

• Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I notice someone in the comments has mentioned Fleur's Q&A video, which I had forgotten about. She says in the video they have no plans to travel for a while and doesn't feel like it would be safe to fly with River because she is at the age where she touches everything. So either all these things she said were bullshit or she had a dramatic u-turn of opinion at the beginning of December.

• Wow
Reactions: 50

dutchover

Dang if I were Fleur I’d be so creeped out by this Chazzie person. Curious if they’re just bored or if there’s a personal vendetta going on here. ( still doesn’t excuse Dubai)

lemonlime

VIP Member
Fleur, unlike her comment suggests, is not stupid. She's been supposedly diligent and aware through the pandemic since spring. She knows it wouldn't be the smart thing to travel, she knows it was unessential, she knows she would have faced backlash, she knows what needs to be done in order to be cautious and reduce the risk for others and for themselves. Her apology, for this reason, looks like an attempt to come off as sincere and regretful but I doubt she actually feels this way. Liking the messages of people who tell the ciriticizing lot to get a grip was obvious enough. And this can't really have been a spur of the moment last minute vacation. She very clearly said they cancelled a trip to Kent and to Cornwall and she was gutted that the holiday plans were ruined, all the while conveniently leaving out the upcoming Dubai trip. It is not poor judgement, it's calculated lying. She may have planned to stay offline through this period whether she was in the UK or abroad but this doesn't changed the fact that she very clearly knew what she was doing and chose to go ahead anyway. I do not have sympathy for her and now I wonder if she actually has been that cautious or whether there were other cheeky trips this year that she somehow got away with.

Those who can excuse her actions in those comments are either doing the same or looking for justification for their own terrible judgement. Deserving something doesn't always mean you get to have it. Plenty of people deserve better through the pandemic and other times but they have to work with what they have. The stupidy on social media makes my head go numb, it's so frustrating.

• Heart

Muukkie

To sum up my feelings:

I don’t care she went on holiday but I do care that she said her holiday was cancelled when she most likely had already booked Dubai.

I don’t care that she brought River but do not understand why she would tell us two weeks before that her and Mike didn’t take River to London because she touches everything and doesn’t fully understand “no touching”; then FDF brings River on an international flight to another country but London is not safe?

I don’t care that she has a compound that has her mansion, tennis court, pool, garden aka vast amount of land, baby sheep next door, pizza oven, 12 unfinished bedrooms (no clue how many are actually in that home), multiple other buildings that house Mike’s childhood memories, other homes on the property but to go and say that she needs a break and didn’t want to be insensitive when others couldn’t afford it. Yes, Fleur we all understand that you and Mike are multi-millionaires but that doesn’t mean the people who you make money off of cannot afford a holiday. I may not have millions in the bank account and a ton of vintage Chanel which helps to save the planet by recycling but I can afford a holiday.

I am upset because like many others we felt like she let us into a part of her real life these past months. I have been struggling with fertility since Oct 2019 and when she spoke about her miscarriages I cried along with her like you would a friend.

I do understand that she doesn’t owe anything to anyone but I think that she does need to make a decision. Either she is an influencer that only shares products/services (which means zero personal content) or she is an influencer that shares personal content but doesn’t make the people who follow her feel like crap for believing in her, feeling her pain, hoping her high-risk parents are safe and sound and the list goes on.

I think it all comes down to the fact that we felt like we were a part of her life and feel like idiots for investing our time, money, etc in her and what she was promoting whether it was her book, eyelashes, brow products, dyson, Jo Malone, bee pillows, movies/tv series/what to read, all saints, etc. but in reality we are not. We are only here as the vessel for her to make money.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

ellwood

Fine, so let’s say we all want to accept that she’s all of a sudden lost a few hundred brain cells (honestly as if she didn’t know what ‘midnight Boxing Day meant’ - it’s hardly algebra and if she was unsure - hi google!!).

What she has completely ignored is the deceitful aspect of this, the pre-recording of the what I got for Christmas video that went up on the 30th December? The chat at the end of it about how sad she was to have to cancel her trip? She straight up lied to her followers. Her job is based on trust and integrity. It just isn’t good enough.

Last edited:

Maggiemoo32

She says she didn't want to share any content while she was away, as she didn't want to be insensitive to those who couldn't travel. But her whole channel is insensitive in that case, as most people can't have a house like hers, a car like hers, holidays like she has and all designer handbags etc. It doesn't make sense that she didn't want to upset those who couldn't travel on this one occasion.

I think that’s a decent apology, to be fair. It doesn’t absolve her of her poor decision, but she has owned it more than plenty of other influencers who travelled.
It’s telling that she updated an existing post rather than post a new post. A new post would show on people’s feeds - alerting them to her wrong. Whereas people will only see her apology if they watch her stories or read here. If she was truly sorry for what she’s done she would have done a new post, she’s only sorry she got caught.

Reactions: 48

mrsdewinter

Not a terrible apology but also not great. The whole "I only thought it was ok because so many other people were doing it - I'm such a sheep, guys" aspect of it had me rolling my eyes. I still firmly believe that the old photo and mentioning of having to cancel her UK break WERE intended to deliberately deceive her audience, despite her claims. I suppose there's no way to prove that though, so not much point dwelling on it anymore.

dee_mc

VIP Member
My goodness, besidetheseawithagandt must be at risk of whiplash after that abrupt U-turn!
I'd love to know the whole story!

• Haha

Probablylurking66

Don't care that it was legal, it's still a selfish thing to do. She really couldn't take ONE YEAR off from travelling???

• Heart
Reactions: 47