Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She lives in a £4.5m stately home with 120 acres, pool, tennis court, cinema room, home gym, playroom and who knows what else. Very nice for her! But does she really need to escape that rather lovely lockdown set up?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I don't want to derail too much from the main topic, but what does everyone have against (not really the right word but hopefully people know what I mean) her background? I keep seeing her "privilege"/"wealth" being mentioned a lot so just wanted to know why it's a big deal.
For me and I would imagine for everyone else, it’s the fact she lives in a huge mansion with a home gym, cinema and so much outside land. She’s incredibly lucky to have SO much space yet she swans off to Dubai. Yet there are people like me who live in a 1 bedroom flat, so I don’t even have a garden who don’t go on holiday in the UK let alone abroad because we respect the fact we’re in a global pandemic. So I’m living in 4 rooms with no garden and not seeing any family or friends. She’s in a huge mansion with acres of land but feels the need to piss off to Dubai for 2 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Because apparently a woman who lives in an actual Hall with god knows how many bedrooms, acres of land, home gym, home office, home cinema etc “deserves” a break.

Not that I think anyone “deserves” to travel or should be travelling at all but compared to people who live in a block of flats with no garden access and who have lost their jobs...her privilege reeks that she thinks she needs a break away when her home situation has plenty of space and every amenity you could hope to have during a lockdown.
She lives in a £4.5m stately home with 120 acres, pool, tennis court, cinema room, home gym, playroom and who knows what else. Very nice for her! But does she really need to escape that rather lovely lockdown set up?
I don't condone her travelling for one second, but I was looking at the threads before this (before the Dubai thing even happened) and I just see it being mentioned a lot. I don't really get why it keeps having to be mentioned. So she lives in a nice house, so what?

But thanks for the replies anyway though.

Reactions: 1
I don't want to derail too much from the main topic, but what does everyone have against (not really the right word but hopefully people know what I mean) her background? I keep seeing her "privilege"/"wealth" being mentioned a lot so just wanted to know why it's a big deal.
Because as this pandemic has once again shown, people of a certain wealthy, privileged background think themselves to be above everyone else, thus think they have more right to do things they wouldnt want to see from the people they consider beneath them. Fleur is a prime example of this, as she has shown with her Dubai trip and the excuses she has used to justify a trip that was completely unnecessary in the midst of a global pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She doesn't do youtube or instagram for a living but is all an ego booster for her, and she might have all the money but is terrible stingy I remember in her perfume collection video she said she loved a Trish McEvoy perfume and everytime she walkedd by the counter would spray it on her because they were so expensive and only got a bottle when the brand sent it to her, she truly lovea the freebies and the attention from the brands.
I remember she was visibly annoyed in a video because she had to *gasp* BUY Drunk Elephant stuff because it wasn’t sent to her for free, like it was to other influencers!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Because as this pandemic has once again shown, people of a certain wealthy, privileged background think themselves to be above everyone else, thus think they have more right to do things they wouldnt want to see from the people they consider beneath them. Fleur is a prime example of this, as she has shown with her Dubai trip and the excuses she has used to justify a trip that was completely unnecessary in the midst of a global pandemic.
And as I recollect one of the first iterations of her justification said she didn’t want to upset people who “didn’t have the means” to travel.

We do. We aren’t. Because it’s a global pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I do wonder how long this whole influencer (that word just makes me cringe every time) thing as a career will last in general though 🤔 as someone mentioned a couple of pages ago. Lots of them, including Fleur, have broken the rules (maybe it's not illegal, but definitely immoral) and the whole reason people followed them was because they were "normal". Maybe the pandemic has showed it's the beginning of the end of this being a full-time job?

Reactions: 11
And as I recollect one of the first iterations of her justification said she didn’t want to upset people who “didn’t have the means” to travel.

EXACTLY. I absolutely hate that she wrote said. The arrogance is unbelievable.

Reactions: 20

This is what really pisses me off.....trying to imply everyone would have done what she’s done if they could afford it, so bleeping wrong. It also hints that she thinks it must be us poor jealous plebs who are annoyed with what she’s done!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't condone her travelling for one second, but I was looking at the threads before this (before the Dubai thing even happened) and I just see it being mentioned a lot. I don't really get why it keeps having to be mentioned. So she lives in a nice house, so what?

But thanks for the replies anyway though.
It is mentioned frequently because she is privileged and she won’t acknowledge it. She is white and privileged meaning she is offered way more opportunities than most people. The fact that she has a huge house and gets everything free and says she needs to travel that’s the problem. She doesn’t need to travel she wants to and it it negatively impacting everyone. It impacts the medical field. It impacts those who don’t have the means. It effects those who want to get out of lockdown and see their family safely but don’t because they want this to end. It is important to continue to mention that she is lacking awareness of her privilege

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I posted a similar thing on another thread on here, but it’s the lying that people hate. Remember Dominic Cummings and the fact that his wife wrote an article implying they were in London? (Granted Fleur isn’t in government!)

PS apparently the next week DC’s wife posted on their street WhatsApp group in Islington that they were selling a kids bike for free just come and collect - and someone replied “Collect here or Durham?” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Re privilege: she travelled to South Africa, Italy, and Portugal this year. Last year around Christmas was in New York. She traveled more last year than most people do in their lifetimes. Also, she complained nonstop about not seeing family when her mom and dad live down the road. But she needed a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
This will be an unpopular opinion, but why do people care so much about what celebs/influencers are up to? Why don’t we get on with our own lives and leave them to it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This will be an unpopular opinion, but why do people care so much about what celebs/influencers are up to? Why don’t we get on with our own lives and leave them to it?
This question on a page dedicated to discussing what nonsense celebs and influencers are up to- cracks me up, sorry :-D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It is mentioned frequently because she is privileged and she won’t acknowledge it. She is white and privileged meaning she is offered way more opportunities than most people. The fact that she has a huge house and gets everything free and says she needs to travel that’s the problem. She doesn’t need to travel she wants to and it it negatively impacting everyone. It impacts the medical field. It impacts those who don’t have the means. It effects those who want to get out of lockdown and see their family safely but don’t because they want this to end. It is important to continue to mention that she is lacking awareness of her privilege
I guess that's a bit of a sensitive topic in general though, because if she did acknowledge it people would say she's showing off her wealth. So idk, that's just my take on it, but I guess I understand why it irritates others.

Yeah, like I said I don't agree with the travelling. My mum's an exhausted frontline worker dealing with covid patients every day and agrees that so many people have put their own selfish "needs" before actually getting out of the pandemic.

Reactions: 3
I had to delete my very thought-out comment I made to her Instagram response because of the amount of hate I was getting from her followers. Shooketh.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Do you realize that in a global pandemic, you and everyone else literally cannot move on with your lives because people like Fleur keep breaking the rules and prolonging the spread of this disease.

When the first negative comments started rolling in I bet she was cackling to Mike, similar to how she does when she steals his food. Then the tit hit the fan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Well, usually, we wouldn’t give a flying duck but we are in a *global* pandemic where everyone’s actions affect everyone. Not the time to get on with our own lives and ‘leave them to it.’ They need to be called out, shamed, fined possibly, whatever necessary until they stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The thing is....life went on for all of us during the pandemic, with all its tragedies. People have had miscarriages, others have lost parents (to other things than covid) or a partner or someone else close to them. All these things still happen alongside the restrains and heartbreak that the pandemic brings with it. But we all go through that. And still, most of us can understand that now is not the time to go on our well-deserved holiday to get away from it all because we had a difficult time. Fleur couldnt. And it wasn't a mistake, she wanted this and was selfish about it.
Exactly.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.