Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Phoebe.Tallulah

That reply just confirms what we already know, she doesn't have a job, doesn't have a relationship, is embarrassed by this and is hiding behind "privacy" because she's insecure about it. It's ok Smelle, we know what you're about ;):m

• Heart
Reactions: 18

thecatlass

VIP Member
Just finished watching the vlog. She looked like a fool carrying a handbag and wearing those heeled booties in the middle of a field 🤦‍♂️ when she tried to wash the pumpkin, she giggled like a twit. There was nothing funny there. She's really an airhead.

• Haha

Katrina_AK_0099

I checked DryBar costs and if you wash your own hair and they just style it for you, it costs $25. It's not that bad. If they wash your hair for you, it's $50.
It's not that bad if, before spending the money, you put some away for savings, retirement and investment. Highly doubt Elle was doing any of that, so I can't condone her spending hundreds on having people wash and style her hair.

I also think the Drybar visits were gross. She would talk openly about how her hair would have oil and product buildup in it, and how she would look forward to Drybar staff removing it. Who says that on video?!? It's like when she said her mirror was nasty because of all the hairspray... but it was OK because the maid was coming. No, get some Windex and clean it so it looks presentable.

She is such a spoiled brat, and her mom isn't much better. I cannot stand Karen mentality and those two embody it to the max.

• Heart

Juliezzz

The briefcase video cannot be more out of touch. I can’t believe she actually bought them, film the video, and posted it on YouTube during a global pandemic while she herself is unemployed and everyone else is working from home.🤨

Just watched the new vlog. I also love locally and have been to that pumpkin patch. Heeled boots are NOT the shoes. Rubber boots, hiking boots, bean boots, but no heel. You will twist your ankle.

also she said all the bloggers picked all the apples?? She does realize NORMAL people go to these places and don’t document it for YouTube right? She is so dim it makes me so a double take every time she speaks because she sounds so stupid.

• Haha

Wheelsbaby

Yes, I agree with that. But she is a lawyer, she has a law degree and has been admitted to the bar - she's lying about "practising as a lawyer". Those are two different things. No. If someone has a medical degree and is licensed to practice medicine and is working as an accountant, she is a doctor AND an accountant. She's just not practising as a doctor. On Elle, yes, we are annoyed at her, but we can't diminish her achievement just because she's insufferable. These are facts. She finished law, she's been admitted to the bar, she's a licensed non-practising lawyer.
Look, I have friends from law school who took different paths. One of them became a teacher, she doesn't refer to herself as a teacher AND lawyer. She's proud of being a teacher and owns it. Another one of my friends did his training in a big law firm, went to HK to work at a big law firm, and then took on a compliance role at a bank. He simply tells people he works in compliance. He doesn't have ego about it. He doesn't call himself in-house counsel either (that's a separate role in an organization). Elle, on the other hand, NEEDS the validation. Her job title is Investigator, her colleague is enforcement counsel. The MFDA also has a separate general counsel (this role is actually in-house counsel, where she advises the organization on their legal affairs and policy matters). It is absolutely unethical to lie about this. It's not a simple embellishment. People who work in the corporate world know the difference.

The truth is that there's no need to cling onto titles unless you're a pompous prick.

Elle calls herself a lawyer, brags about doing "lawyerly things", and leading a "busy lawyer life" (ALL THE TIME). Elle is a scammer and a predator. Elle maintains this façade so she can scam her viewers. By having the image of a successful lawyer, she can use the goodwill/reputation of such an image to sell shoddy merchandise as heirloom jewelry & push wholesale scarves as luxury. The false image helps her to seem more accomplished and less money hungry. Her motivations are not pure and she is not an honest person. She is not just embellishing or explaining her legal background, she is actively pushing a fake lawyer image & profiting off it. Let's not forget she even went as far as lie about being a Seattle-based business to scam people in a pandemic.

• Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Elle has (access to) money. I know her current apartment isn't as nice as the one she lived in with Joe but if you saw the far-flung dumps my musician friends lived in after moving to Seattle in the mid 2000's, you'd say where she is now is pretty darn nice. Any my friends living in these dumps had 60k+ day jobs.

If you watch through a vlogmas or girlboss week you can total up that she's blowing through 3k-7k a month on impulse shopping. That's 60k a year after taxes and doesn't count things like rent, groceries, healthcare, and transportation. That 60k is getting blown year in and year out. The fact that all these luxury bags and sweaters started showing up in vids without a haul after Rick was out of the picture shows that she kept burning that 5k a month even when she had no job. She's still at it.

I think people have issues with words like middle class/affluent/rich and definitions vary and that makes sense because they are loaded words. I'll say one thing I think a lot of people can agree with: Whoever is funding Elle is not worrying about funding their needs.

• Heart

MissGlam21

I think the one thing everyone here can agree on is that she has no class.
A little off-topic here but I’m very impressed that despite Elle not posting as regularly as before (both on Instagram and on her YouTube channel), we can still keep the threads rolling. 😇

• Haha

Wheelsbaby

Elle is not a lawyer. She has had one job in her entire career, her job title is fraud investigator. She has never worked anywhere where she can be referred to as lawyer or in house counsel. Her only time at a law firm is as an intern or a trainee.

Public documents confirming this - she is a Investigator: https://mfda.ca/reasons-for-decision/reasons201637/
Her colleague on the other hand is enforcement counsel, she is not. Many people have found job descriptions for her role & her colleagues with the same investigator title, a law degree is preferred but not required.

She teaches an online course part time. She is a part time online lecturer. To call her a professor is making a mockery of all the hard working academics who have worked extremely hard to get to their position.

Elle has a law degree and a masters. But she has never worked as a lawyer. Nothing wrong with that, many people in the UK have law degrees and choose another profession because it is an undergraduate degree (unlike in the states where law is a graduate course and requires a lot more time/money/commitment).

Elle intentionally misleads and profits off her fake image as a practicing lawyer. Elle has a 9-5 job, can take Long Nordstrom lunches and doesn’t work weekends. An investigator job is perfectly respectable. The way she lies about it isn’t.

Last edited:
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
So I had to sit on hold this morning for a long time . . . . did this to pass the time.

To give people an idea of how much money she blasts through, I just took a week of Vlogmas from when she was at her absolute prime. This is from the first week of December when she was living with Joe. I used the following stipulations in my figures:

Included: Anything she buys on stream, mentions as being brand new or being worn for the first time.
Not Included: Gifts for others, Reasonable groceries, Coffees and bar cocktails, tips.
Full retail prices are used with the exception of day 6 items where she showed the Nordstrom Rack price she paid on the website. In those cases the sale price was used. Adjust accordingly if you believe she some of the other items items were bought on sale.

So here we go . . .

Day 1
- Sentaler Hooded Wrap Coat: 1395
- Four preorder 6 inch cakes for birthday brunch - (26*4) - 104
Day 2
- Drybar blowout - 49
- Gianvito Rossi Alistar boots - 995
Day 3
Costco. Nothing 'treaty' or worth tabulating.
Day 4
Birthday brunch. No shopping, but of note she wears her $400 Coach 'Rexy' Sweater. Not included in total because its not new.
Day 5
- Halogen Teal Cashmere Vneck - 98
Day 6
- Club Monaco Dress - 150
- Vince wool blend sweater - 149
- Wool shawl cardigan - 199
- Cha Cha Cha Cover-Up - 144
- White Cover-Up - 99
- Red Eliza J Dress - 118
- Emerson Rose Pink Tunic Sweater - 60
- Halogen Trousers - 79
Day 7
- Banana Republic 'Boyfriend' (lol) Blazer - 199

Total for the week:
$3838. A burn rate of $15,352/month

Holy crap Elle! No wonder she takes these vids down when it's time to find a Mr Next.

• Wow
  • Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Re: her cankles, it's probably just the real shape of her ankles. Let's not blame the cheese. :p

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying cheaper cuts of meats to save money. We may not agree with her priorities but at least she doesn't buy fastfood or eat crap like pre-prepared microwavable cheap junk all the time.
Imagine being Joe - your girlfriend, Eleanor Florence, makes you pay for all the large, shared expenses in your relationship (rent, expensive furniture, presumably most dates, cleaning lady). She "cocks" for you sometimes when you're not staying late at the office and getting takeout, but feels the need to pick up cheaper cuts of meat to "save money" while she uses the bulk of her income on weekly drybar visits, never ending cakeup, and is hauling the entirety of the Nordstrom sale section into your shared home on a daily basis. In this case, I would say there is definitely something wrong with buying cheaper cuts of meats for her and Joe's meals while she spends a fortune on her own procedures and primping.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
There is nothing wrong with buying luxury with one's own money. Can we focus on Elle and not be so opinionated about luxury?

I personally think Chanel bags are gorgeous and comfortable to wear (I own two for many many years, and can probably get most of the money back if I decide to sell them one day). Ferragamo flats are great for formal work events when you don't have to walk around so much and still like to look nice. Never full is also very practical for a lot of people's life style.

Elle is the problem, not these popular items that a lot of people actually find useful. The luxury community is not all idiots.
I don’t have an issue with any of those items either, to be honest. My Neverfull is so good for everything from the gym to a carry-on for travels and I’ve never felt like my Chanel medium flaps are heavy. I’m not a fan of the Ferragamos because I don’t like the style but I agree there’s nothing inherently wrong with the shoe.

Elle doesn’t have the monopoly on these items - they are honestly some of the most common luxury items for the mentioned brands and you can like them without liking Smelley or her style.

That being said, if someone else thinks it’s idiotic to spend that much on these items or they find them ugly...I would also understand that. Different priorities and budgets and no one is in the wrong. There’s definitely nothing wrong with purchasing luxury though if you have the means.🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart

MissGlam21

Who needs two designer briefcases for their 16” MacBook?
The YSL briefcase cost almost as much as the MacBook itself. Where does she think she’ll need to take her MacBook? From her bedroom to her at-home office desk to teach her part time contracts course?

• Haha

Katrina_AK_0099

I have a sneaking suspicion Elle buys all this stuff from the sale (luxury candles, hairdryers, designer makeup) and then returns half of it after filming her video.

I also love how she felt it too dangerous to go out to browse in-person at Louise Vuitton for a briefcase but had no problem heading into a crowded Sephora on the first day of the sale.

• Haha

202leda

Wow. Did this law “firm” do their due diligence and actually look into her previous positions on her resume? If they actually called her previous employers they would see she is not a professor and never practiced as a lawyer.

If I were in a Portland or Seattle resident, I would not use this company for legal counsel. Who knows how qualified and properly vetted their other lawyers are.

bethannebodyworks

That is FUCKING INSANE. $15,000 a month in shopping. Do you guys know how much money Elle would have in 20 years if she put even 1/3 of that into an investment account every month? She could retire and be way more comfortable than Ginette.

On a side note, ladies... can I get your opinions? I'm getting married as soon as this coronavirus stuff is over :p I already call my SO my husband since we've been together 7 years and nothing will change except the paper, buttttt... we're finally making it official! Which dress would you choose for a city clerk wedding in NYC? All white dresses are just not my thing. Assuming warm weather.

AnneDress_Front_ForestGreen_1080x.jpg

sachin-babi-noir-one-shoulder-column-gown.jpg
ZoeFront_1200x.jpg
SB_SS20ECOMM_2962_d0da244c-2a86-49aa-8da9-cc5cf97fcfb8_1200x.jpg

• Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
"This is my version of a hippy carefree outfit on a hot day... It's from Rag & Bone. It's probably the most expensive little summer dress I've ever bought. It's about $100 once it was on sale. I really love it and I really wanted it so much this summer, so it was actually a really good purchase." Elle Florence, July 2015

~Elle's shopping budget was much less extravagant in her early days. This was in 2015, when she was with Chris. Chris wasn't a pushover & she hadn't started her scammy businesses. You can see her much more modest lifestyle and spending, though the superiority complex was still there. Also she did a little shimmy to show the dress, so that awkward dance she likes to do hasn't changed 😆

View attachment 289347

[at 10:05]
Her bringing inappropriate food for hikes hasn't changed. She made tuna sandwiches for their hike, who does that???

She's definitely a lot more likeable here but stuff like how she says pistachios and how she describes food still drives me nuts (I feel really petty complaining about it but it just makes me angry)

• Haha

Greenthumb30

I also think she's using this job as a bridge. This law firm's main focus seems to be providing business advice for startups and small businesses (their "pay your bill" link on their website seems to indicate that), so I think the way Elle sold herself to them is by saying she understands the business of being a social media influencer and small business owner, so she can appeal to/attract other social media influencers to work with their firm (hence why the social media stuff in her bio).

She follows Chris and Joe, both of them don’t follow her. But she doesn’t follow Rick, does anyone have theories?
I think she's just embarrassed to be associated with Rick, the other two are successful but Rick is useless.

• Haha