Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh, you think she would be more sensitive to the pumpkins, after all she's been picked up and then put back in the patch enough times herself. She's still there, in fact.

She always looked dramatically different with no makeup (which is why she wears it, of course, regardless of wether the setting is appropriate for heavy makeup) but if you compare her makeup-less face here to one from the Joe era . . . the last 3 years really have aged her 10. I don't say 'Poor Elle' often, but I will say it here, she must be miserable.

Nice to see her out in the fresh air though. Her friend is a saint. Going pumpkin picking isn't about the pumpkin anyways, its about the day out and the smells and sights and the crunch of the leaves. Good for her.
I can’t speak for other people but it must be really weird to go on dates with heavy cake up Eleanor Florence, and wake up to her... “fresh faced look.” I don’t understand how someone so young, who spends so much money and obviously cares about her looks, can look so terrible. Is she just terribly unlucky or is she so miserable that no amount of work can hide it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I agree! I think her sofa is fine (but very common) and the Cinema style lamp looks fun and...that’s about it. But all the stuff you mentioned above is hideous and it’s even worse that she bought so many clam chairs and tried to fit them to her ugly “antique” table and all the chair legs were tangled up like a jigsaw puzzle. And none of it goes together at all.

The rugs and runners, the awful clothing and coat racks, the hideous Missoni towels, and all the PNW motif items are terrible and even her kitchen counter looks messy and cluttered, because Elle just felt the need to put every Le Creuset and Smeg she owns on display constantly.
What’s sad is that I actually like Missoni but those towels (and her luggage) are rather ugly. I think they’re from the Target collab from several years ago? I could be wrong but I thought that collab was marketed for young people, not professional working women. She’s only using them because of the distinctive weave pattern but getting something from the Target home decor line would look much better (and slightly cheaper).

Reactions: 8
What’s sad is that I actually like Missoni but those towels (and her luggage) are rather ugly. I think they’re from the Target collab from several years ago? I could be wrong but I thought that collab was marketed for young people, not professional working women. She’s only using them because of the distinctive weave pattern but getting something from the Target home decor line would look much better (and slightly cheaper).
I think the Missoni weave can be fun, but not the ones she chose and it’s an odd, clashing pattern for towels. I’ve always been a fan of monochromatic, clean looking towels and most interior designers and hotels would probably agree.

As you said, I think she chose them because they’re obviously Missoni at first glance. It’s the home decor version of her ugly consignment bags that are Chanel.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I beg to differ on Elle having “beautiful pieces” in her apartment.The majority of her furniture and home decor is just plain ugly. Don’t get me started on that eyesore of a coffee table, her ugly “heirloom antique” furniture, and the hideous photograph of her apartment view in Vancouver. Her sofa isn’t ugly, but it’s not terribly stylish either, and the mismatched pillows she has on it definitely don’t help. Yes, she has plenty of clutter, and that’s usually not a good look. But to add insult to injury, a lot of her items are ugly on their own. She has absolutely *no sense of style*. The thing is, there are plenty of people who don’t — having good style is not easy. But at least most people don’t have a YouTube channel where they show off their apartment, clothing, makeup, and handbags as if they knew something about style and had plenty to “teach” others. (Confession: Every time I see how badly she dresses and how awful her decor is, I kind of feel good — I spend about 1/10 of what she does on clothing and decor, yet everything I have looks a hundred times better. There, I said it.)
I agree! As a beauty, fashion and life style guru, as she claims, she wears fitted leather jacket, skinny jeans and heel booties???? Even my mom thinks that was dated...

Reactions: 10
I can’t speak for other people but it must be really weird to go on dates with heavy cake up Eleanor Florence, and wake up to her... “fresh faced look.” I don’t understand how someone so young, who spends so much money and obviously cares about her looks, can look so terrible.
I mean, guys get that women can look very different without being done up. At least I hope most of them learn that in college and that any guy in Elle's age-range would get that by his 30's.

I would actually consider Elle's natural looks to be off limits for me to talk about if it wasn't so clear that her life plan is to exchange those looks for money. While I think she would be thrilled if a guy loved her as well, I think she's be just as happy in a loveless marriage with a workaholic if he was generous with allowance and had a braggable career.

I don't see how she is ever going to succeed though. She certainly will want as much as her mother gives her and no guy shallow enough to buy himself an attractive wife is going to pay 5k a month for what she has in trade. Sure if some guy fell in love with her, her looks wouldn't matter one bit, but what are the chances that guy is going to have enough money to meet her 'keep me happy' price? Rick sure didn't. Even then, she's so selfish that someone would have to look past so much to fall in love with her, I just don't see her finding anything like that. Certainly not during the timeline she's envisioning.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t speak for other people but it must be really weird to go on dates with heavy cake up Eleanor Florence, and wake up to her... “fresh faced look.” I don’t understand how someone so young, who spends so much money and obviously cares about her looks, can look so terrible. Is she just terribly unlucky or is she so miserable that no amount of work can hide it?
Funny, whenever I try to put on more makeup than usual (e.g., for a special occasion), I look awful. I do wear makeup every day, but only concealer, mascara, some blush and lipstick. It sounds like a lot, I guess, but it’s really nothing compared to what Elle wears. I can’t for the life of me put on foundation, bronzer, eyeliner, or eyeshadow, or “do my brows”. It’s just not a good look on me, or so I think. I also don’t think I look that different with the makeup I do wear. Meanwhile, Elle, like some other YouTubers (Allana Davison comes to mind), looks dramatically better with makeup. It completely transforms her features and makes her look more alive. The problem is she doesn’t know when to stop. She needs to hold off on the blush and on about 70% of the eye makeup she plasters on, and also go for a less shimmery lip color. Her makeup isn’t just OTT — it’s just plain clownish 🤡.

Reactions: 13
Funny, whenever I try to put on more makeup than usual (e.g., for a special occasion), I look awful. I do wear makeup every day, but only concealer, mascara, some blush and lipstick. It sounds like a lot, I guess, but it’s really nothing compared to what Elle wears. I can’t for the life of me put on foundation, bronzer, eyeliner, or eyeshadow, or “do my brows”. It’s just not a good look on me, or so I think. I also don’t think I look that different with the makeup I do wear. Meanwhile, Elle, like some other YouTubers (Allana Davison comes to mind), looks dramatically better with makeup. It completely transforms her features and makes her look more alive. The problem is she doesn’t know when to stop. She needs to hold off on the blush and on about 70% of the eye makeup she plasters on, and also go for a less shimmery lip color. Her makeup isn’t just OTT — it’s just plain clownish 🤡.
I think women should wear whatever makeup makes them happy (whether that’s none or a lot) but let’s be honest, most people are not going to be too happy if their partner looks significantly worse without it. I don’t think you sound like you wear too much at all! I probably wear similar things ex blush and lipstick (I prefer tinted balms) and I’ll add in eyeliner cause I love how it makes my eyes pop.

I think what really surprises me is how bad Elle’s bare skin looks. While you can argue that’s genetics, someone who spends as much as she does on cosmetics and skincare should have better skin imho. She also clearly has the money to spend on procedures so she should go to a dermatologist if she can’t work things out on her own (nothing wrong with getting help).

Reactions: 9
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 9.01.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 9.04.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 9.03.15 PM.png

I'm shocked her mom never fixed her eyes as a kid. Like, I'm really not trying to be shady. If I had a kid with a cross eye... I'd wanna fix it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Instead of a new perfume, Elle should have picked up some Windex or something for her grubby monitor. Take the fingerprints off your screen, Elle.

• Haha
Instead of a new perfume, Elle should have picked up some Windex or something for her grubby monitor. Take the fingerprints off your screen, Elle.
She’s always had funny priorities. Nasty silpat but dozens of Halogen cashmere sweaters. The nth neutral “paul-let” but gets angry when Joe took her drugstore soup mugs. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Elle has done a 5 minute makeup routine or even makeup with glasses. I mean foundation / BB cream, bronzer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lip gloss should do. I think it'll be good for her. And she wears false eyelashes so often it seems. And her black liquid eyeliner is too harsh for her. I think a brown eye pencil eyeliner would be better.

Reactions: 6
Since we're on the topic of Elle and makeup, it's not news that she has always looked dramatically different without it.

In the Joe era, she was dramatically cute in her makeup and very plain without it, but not in a completely uncute way if that makes sense. The key element missing was the drama when her makeup was gone and she was left being a plain woman in her late 20's, which is what she was, really. If that plain woman was also generous, loving, smart, driven, etc AND she could look dramatically good when made up, Joe would have been a fool to let her go, but she wasn't most of those things and so her morning face alone sure didn't sink her.

Now, her skin has gotten a lot worse. Her blemishes are really present. The sagging and eyebags and other signs of aging and just plain being miserable are front and center. She still looks like a different person in all her paint, but it's less about creating drama now and more about hiding what is actually there. And it's working less and less each year since her plan A failed. Now she looks old for her age even made up.

No matter the era of Elle, the biggest factor has been what she does with her eyes. The daily false eyelashes and winged eyeliner are so much of her look. She has nice big eyes, I get it, but thats a double edge sword. It mades her look so much more plain when her eyes weren't all dressed up then and now, it just brings you attention immediately to the lines and bags.

I mean we all laughed at her for wearing massive false lashes when she went and climbed a mountain . . . . but I get it.

Reactions: 14
Since we're on the topic of Elle and makeup, it's not news that she has always looked dramatically different without it.

In the Joe era, she was dramatically cute in her makeup and very plain without it, but not in a completely uncute way if that makes sense. The key element missing was the drama when her makeup was gone and she was left being a plain woman in her late 20's, which is what she was, really. If that plain woman was also generous, loving, smart, driven, etc AND she could look dramatically good when made up, Joe would have been a fool to let her go, but she wasn't most of those things and so her morning face alone sure didn't sink her.

Now, her skin has gotten a lot worse. Her blemishes are really present. The sagging and eyebags and other signs of aging and just plain being miserable are front and center. She still looks like a different person in all her paint, but it's less about creating drama now and more about hiding what is actually there. And it's working less and less each year since her plan A failed. Now she looks old for her age even made up.

No matter the era of Elle, the biggest factor has been what she does with her eyes. The daily false eyelashes and winged eyeliner are so much of her look. She has nice big eyes, I get it, but thats a double edge sword. It mades her look so much more plain when her eyes weren't all dressed up then and now, it just brings you attention immediately to the lines and bags.

I mean we all laughed at her for wearing massive false lashes when she went and climbed a mountain . . . . but I get it.
Did she seriously wear fake lashes to go hiking??? I must’ve missed that!

She does wear false lashes A LOT even regularly...but you made some really good points. I didn’t think about it that way but you hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: 5
How bad is her bare skin? I never see her with no makeup on.

I agree she tends to look older than her age. Maybe it's all the makeup? And yes, her style is very dated. I mean there's nothing wrong with it, if that's her taste, but it does make her look even older.

Last edited:
What’s sad is that I actually like Missoni but those towels (and her luggage) are rather ugly. I think they’re from the Target collab from several years ago? I could be wrong but I thought that collab was marketed for young people, not professional working women.
The most recent collab was in 2019, so it's totally possible she bought the Missoni stuff in Florida and had them in storage since. I've also seen real Missoni home stuff at Nordstrom Rack, so might be from there too.

I'll disagree on Target designer collabs being for young people. Almost every professional working woman I know loves Target and loves the brands Target collabs with. Most of the brands skew towards an older consumer - I can't imagine college kids care about designer bath towels or buying a Victoria Beckham prairie dress.

Reactions: 7
She’s always had funny priorities. Nasty silpat but dozens of Halogen cashmere sweaters. The nth neutral “paul-let” but gets angry when Joe took her drugstore soup mugs. 🤡
Lol
Elle totes her expensive MacBook Pro around in an overpriced briefcase but can't even keep the screen clean. Funny priorities indeed!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was shocked when I seen her at the start of the video, was the worst I've ever seen her looking, she looked unclean to me

Did she seriously wear fake lashes to go hiking??? I must’ve missed that!

She does wear false lashes A LOT even regularly...but you made some really good points. I didn’t think about it that way but you hit the nail on the head.
I didn’t realize she wore falsies to hiking either. 😂

Given how often she wears falsies, I am surprised she doesn’t do eyelash extensions (or maybe she did in the past). It would be better than that microblading she insists on doing.

Reactions: 8
Does Elle go 1 day without makeup? One reason why her skin is bad could be (that's my theory) is because of all the makeup she wears day in and day out without any breaks. Not to mention her heavy use of skin creams and such with a lot of chemicals in it (I don't care if it's Sheseido).

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.