Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bethannebodyworks

THIS ^

I used to be a professional translator and interpreter. I speak five languages fluently. I NEVER pronounce foreign words in English with the complete foreign accent. It's just obnoxious and to be honest none of my translator and interpreter friends do it either. If I'm speaking English for example I don't say "Ferrari" with the rolled r as in Italian (looking at you, Rick). I just use English pronunciation conventions. I don't say "patio" like in Spanish if I am speaking English, ffs.

Elle, read the room.

oh how I loved that Ginette outed her, her accent is completely off anyway.
why does she have to lie about everything?? will the real Elle please stand up??
I looooved this. I'm surprised she kept it in the video. Ginette straight up said "you're not French" or something lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

thecatlass

VIP Member
If you look up Joe's profile on his employer's website, he actually has an assistant 😁 Poor Smelle thinks she is just like her ex, except he has been working his ass off for 7 years since his call to the bar... Meanwhile she was just calling the Drybar 😂

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

I spit out my coffee reading this! 🤣 I ended up watching the beginning of the video and she really does have a freaking mullet. Good god.

On another note, I can’t believe she is doing a vlogmas. What the heck is she going to vlog about??? Her vlogs are nothing like what they were during her time with Joe and it’s obvious she doesn’t enjoy doing it. 🙄 Please, Elle, just stop already. Ugh.
Nooooo! I want to watch them!! I want to see each and everyday what a joke her life has become. Don’t take this away from me.

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
That empty ring finger tho . . . .

Maybe its an artifact of the viewpure link, but I noticed she finally got rid of the outro animation where the cat flounces through the courtroom and the corner office. That's progress, I guess.

Still waiting for the replacement where the cat sits at home watching hallmark movies and crying into its bolognaise sauce.

• Haha

Sheepsmeadow

At the risk of offending some on this thread, I have to say that owning 10 or 20 sterling silver pieces from Tiffany & Co. does not make you a wealthy person. Neither does buying luxury bags on online consignment websites or even at the store. It doesn’t not make you a wealthy person either. This type of conspicuous consumption doesn’t really tell us much about what is going on behind the scenes. Show me real assets and then we can start talking about wealth. That said, Elle does live a very comfortable lifestyle and does spend a lot more than most people. Whether or not she can truly afford such a lifestyle on her own (truly afford implies setting aside money for retirement and other investments) and whether or not her spending is “smart” is a whole other story. She throws thousands down the drain every month yet everything she buys is a “necessity” in her eyes because she is insecure and only concerned about appearances.

• Heart

thecatlass

VIP Member
And my guess is that her mother was really pressing on her to get a job and because she couldn't find anything compliance/ fraud investigation-related, she decided to join this weird startupy-legal firm.

Think about it: she didn't get a permanent role with the law firm she articled at. Anyone in her position would be like 'Oh crap, I really wanted to stay here but stuff happens and now I have to apply to another law firm'. Instead, she was unemployed for something like 4 months and then joined MFDAC in a role that doesn't even require a law degree, not to mention having a license. She spent there 5+ years, in the same entry role, shuffling papers in her cubicle and pretending her annual training in Toronto was a 'business trip'. Never tried to get a role in a law firm. If she cared about becoming an attorney, she would have worked 1-2 years at Mutual Funds and used that experience as an asset when applying to REAL law firms. But she was perfectly fine in her non-demanding role because it gave her the freedom to shop all the time, eat lunch during her work time to be able to allocate a full lunch hour solely to Nordstrom shopping, she could finish at 5pm and head to the gym and later home to string pearls while watching Hallmark crap. She didn't bother about the salary because she thought she had Joe wrapped around her little finger and she'd soon become Mrs Joe A Partner In the Making. But things didn't go to plan, Mr Partner In The Making made a swift exit and she ditched her cushy role, lured by a grandpa alligator who dangled a piss-colored engagement ring in front of her. This didn't work out either, as we all know.

Now there's a pandemic, majority of people are fearing the sack. No one will hire a woman with an unexplained 16-month career break and expertise in a narrow securities fraud field so she had to pretend she has been an attorney all that time and got lucky because her current employer (she could be contracting, for all we know) seems to do zero background checks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Yeah I get that. That wasn’t really the point that I was originally making which may be where the confusion came from. The point I was making is that it’s telling that she was wearing them AT ALL - regardless of where. We know she thinks she’s Blair Waldorf, and the fact that she wears these at all just hammers that home.
Elle has thought she was a lot of fictional characters/socialites over time, and sadly, none of them have been Elle.

When she was a teen she thought she was Elle Woods.
When she was in college she thought she was Blair Waldorf
When she was in grad school she thought she was Kate Middleton
When she was a junior professional she thought she was Meghan Markle
When she was in Florida, she thought she was Carmella Soprano
And now, in Seattle she's this odd cocktail with all of the above thrown in the shaker.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

202leda

ladies, what is she talking about? Is she really working at the moment??
It’s difficult for me to believe what she is saying here given that she used to upload 30-40 minute vlogmas videos daily when she was living her best life in Vancouver with Joe and a full time job.
Don't forget if you are 1 of her best friends you also get a Christmas rat 😹
If you happen to be the mother of the boyfriend you not only get a rat but also a B-grade cashmere scarf!

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I for one love the trainwreck. All the people who figure out who she may be dating and start tagging them in things, please stop. We need to see her get engaged again before xmas!

Heck, maybe you have a male friend or relative with poor judgement. Maybe send them some vids and a suggestion they slide into her dm's . . .

• Haha

actuallawyer

Ladies and possible gentlemen, due to The Rona I’ve become much less concerned with Elle and more focused on my daily life, so this thread got away from me for a little while, but it is sure good to be back with y’all reading the updates and thorough roasting of Elle’s regularly scheduled bullshit. After reading through about four threads over the past couple of weeks, all I can say is let’s keep it coming babes. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart

Juliezzz

She posted a reply haha

I don't think Smelle understands what 'first language' is 😂 You maybe spoke French as a toddler, Smelle, but even your own mother said you can't speak it fluently 😂😂😂 Remember that vlogmas video when she disclosed the uncomfortable truth and you tried to kill her with your eyes? It's one of those few vlogmas films you haven't deleted yet.

View attachment 313146
Her response is total BS. Mandarin is my first language and English is my husband’s. Every time when I say a Chinese city name I always say it with an American accent just so that it will be easier for my husband to understand. I have only lived in the US for a few years and she has lived almost her whole life in Canada. How difficult it is to just say things that other people can understand 🤔

bethannebodyworks

Does anyone else find it really telling--and quite sad, actually--that in her most recent video she turned the candle logo towards her as she sat down to relax on the couch? She is so pleased with herself and her logos (aka conspicuous consumption) actually brings her joy. It's actually making me kind of pity her in a way.

On a side note, I just started studying for the LSAT. :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha

RubyGT

Smh. She bought Joe a briefcase from the coach outlet that wasn't even $120. But look at what she spends for herself and she won't even be using these. You don't work and you can't go anywhere. This is why you have so many threads Eleanore Lecocq.

• Haha

Interlude89

Thoughts on new video:

-Not even a minute in and she throws in her "dual citizenship"
-Nowhere to go/no job but of course she had to purchase a bottle of Coco Chanel
-Of course Gossip Girl is playing in the background, as she has to satisfy her GG life fantasy
-Outfit choice for pumpkin patch is not what I would have chosen but okay
-The giggling is annoying and seems weird for someone her age. Giggling is obviously fine, but hers just sound forced and unnatural...almost as if she is deliberately trying to sound like a young, flirty girl.
-She overall looks very aged for being only 31 - all that strong Sunday Riley stuff, botox/filler, heavy makeup, and emotional burden of not having a man in her life is really taking its toll.

• Heart

thecatlass

VIP Member
The last minute of her video is so embarrassing. What normal person sits on the sofa and drinks coffee while pouting and staring in the distance? 😕 She 100% imagines she is on set of 'Pride and Prejudice'.

The copper jumper was so creased and meh looking 😣 She has a ton of clothes, why wear such ugly pieces?

Lastly, I was rooting for her when she finally stopped curling her hair in spring but I see the pageant hairstyle is back 🤦‍♂️. There are over 1000 employees in my company and i don't think there is a single individual that wears her hair in such a ridiculous fashion. Smelle is beginning to resemble a more put-together Amy Winehouse.

The bit about having her Christmas shopping done already was hilarious. She only has her mother to buy (modest) gifts for and we know the mother usually receives something Smelle originally bought for herself but didn't like it enough to keep it 😂

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
How come this style guru couldn't find a better fitting blazer for her professional photo shoot? It looks like something you could buy in GAP.

'Eleanor built her career as a securities regulator, contract law professor and business owner.' Did she write this herself? She's not a contract law professor as stated a thousand times. Nor was she a securities REGULATOR. She was a fraud investigator, for God's sake... 🤮

Not going to comment on her "career" in Brussels 🤣 It is pathetic how intent she is on embellishing everything she does. Does she pretend her shit isn't just shit but rather an 'aromatic creation'?

Her areas of expertise are hilarious too, especially M&A and international law. Good luck to any client who seeks her advice... Her latest knowledge is from a traineeship 6 years ago...

• Haha
Reactions: 18

boredstrom

VIP Member
You can argue that it won't be wise to trust Elle with complete access to her mom's money after she's gone, but is Ginette being wise with it in the first place by letting Elle shovel so much of it into Nordstroms?

I also kind of wonder what Elle's vision is for her ideal future burn for impulse shopping. She's been at 5k a month as a single woman for a few years now. We all know she 100% wanted to marry Joe. How much of a bump do you guys think she expected once she had the first kid and quit her job? Up to 10k a month?

Assuming Joe stayed on the partner track he would have been pulling in what? 300k a year? 200k after taxes. Did Elle really expect him to allow her to spend 120k of that on her shopping problem? That would have only left 80k a year for housing, savings, transportation, nanny (because come on, like Elle's going to want to care for a kid when there are lunches to lunch), college fund, everything else people need in life.

Really, the most prudent financial move Elle could make in her 30's would be to just marry her mom and try to be happy on 'only' 5k a month of shopping. Or she could get therapy so maybe she won't blow 5k a month on trying to 'treat herself' but the former is more realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: 18