Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Juliezzz

I think the whole discussion on Elle’s spending habit is a result from her nasty personality. Like one of the posters mentioned here before, we all have our guilty pleasure. I personally love designer handbags, clothings, home decorations etc and I don’t think I judge people based on if they have similar or different desires. Elle‘s spending habit seems unfathomable to most people, but at the end of the day, different people take pleasure in different things and if shopping can truly make her happy, short term or long, it’s her decision to do it and if there will be bad consequences, it’s herself who will take it. I personally believe that if she’s a decent honest person without her nasty snobby personality, lots of us wouldn’t even bring up her crazy spending as a topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I know we’ve discussed this before but I tried to find a similar bracelet on Peoples and I am 99.9 percent positive hers isn’t even one of the “nicer” ones just due to the clasp. It was a lobster clasp vs the traditional box clasp. The “nicest” quality lobster clasp bracelet I found was made of 10k gold, which no offense isn’t even considered fine jewelry. Meaning he couldn’t even bother to get her one that was nice. He literally got her costume jewelry.

Now, I know we shouldn’t get caught up with costs when it comes to gifts and it’s the thought that counts, but Elle was his LIVE IN girlfriend and he could easily afford a lower end but nice 14k tennis bracelet. Instead he just went the cheapest route possible so he could shut her up...didn’t work, though, because she made him go to the jeweler to get the clasp replaced. 🤣🤣

It’s so dumb she still wears that thing, esp since it’s a gift that he clearly couldn’t have bothered with. That’s humiliating. I would’ve pawned that off and buy a Swarovski CZ one or something like this from Ring Concierge:

At least it would be yours and not some thoughtless gift someone gave you. Then again, Elle is a thoughtless gift giver so...karma??? 🤷‍♀️
The diamonds on that bracelet don't have any luster and seem really small and milky, which are all signs of lower quality diamonds. Nothing wrong with that but I doubt a People's bracelet in what looks like sterling silver (People's has a lot of those with smaller diamonds in a lower price range) is what princess Smelley hoped for. She 100% would've wanted something in platinum from Tiffany's or Cartier but I think Joe was already having doubts then, and that bracelet was just a combined birthday/Christmas gift to appease Eleanor Florence while he evaluated his options. Didn't he dump her shortly after the new year with everything packed and informed the landlord before her? Clearly he had been planning his exit for a while and pulled out as soon as their lease was up.

I wonder if she wears it constantly because it's a reminder of what appears to be the pinnacle of her life so far (which sounds really sad, but we all know how much she cares about having a man) - she had a easy 9-to-5 job that she could pretend was in law, a successful boyfriend who was generous and willing to pitch in for the majority of their shared expenses, more viewers and subscriber engagement (and therefore sales of her shoddy wares) than she ever had, and lots of extra money to spend on her shopping addiction. That apartment they shared was also the nicest one Elle has ever lived in since she graduated undergrad by a large margin and she was paying for someone to wash her hair while a housekeeper came in regularly to clean their place. In short, Joe gave Elle a taste of a lifestyle she would've never had access to otherwise and she had a man on her arms that she could bring to the Vancouver Club and show off.

• Heart
  • Haha

thepinky

Did I miss something? Why is everyone dragging MUALover for expressing her opinion on designer bags? It's great that a whole bunch of people love Chanel. There are a whole bunch of people who don't. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. If someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with, counter with your own. It's not cool to attrak that person for merely expressing their opinion. This is a discussion forum after all.
It's the way MUALover presented her opinion (and racism)

"Whenever I walk into the LV store in my city, it's always filled with young Asian girls. But the funny thing is, I work in a hospital and none of the female doctors (all who make $200,000 per annum or more), I've never seen them with designer bags, not even in their personal lives. So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH."

1. She made a generalization based off her limited experiences and social circle. She can't imagine anyone who buys these bags.

2. Then she mentions how only young Asian girls go the LV store. This bothered a few people including me (and Asian women in this thread) "So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH" Aren't these people who buy Hermes and Chanel? Why mention their race at all? How does their race contribute to the discussion and her points? Especially considering how she immediately starts talking about how it's "funny" that the doctors she knows (who surely speak for all female doctors) don't wear designer bags.

3. “Can't imagine a 20 something year old woman carrying it TBH. Maybe 50+ at a minimum” Since she's lacking in imagination she could just Google outfits of young women wearing these bags...

4. And when users point out that her experiences and preferences aren't universal, instead of considering other perspectives (many young women like expensive bags and save up for them - and they like particular styles she doesn't ) she responds by saying we all must come from rich families / make millions / are lying.

• Heart

drewberry_moore

Elle: I don't want to go to the Saint Laurent store during a pandemic.

Also Elle: I need something for travelling on a plane.

🤦‍♀️

I spy Joe's diamond bracelet.

• Haha
  • Wow

Katrina_AK_0099

I was always dubious about the claims that Eleanore reads gossip threads... but her Instagram post about posting a receipt with her donations to the Nepalese NGO is very telling. She must have got that idea from here!

Hi, Elle! Quick question, babe - are you ever going to work again? It must be boring being at home all day long with nothing to do, no? Êtes-vous fatigué de mentir sur le fait d'être maître?

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
But this is just speculation no? Noone here knows exactly what happened with her and Joe, who paid for what, etc.

I meant in general, if she buys cheap cuts of meat to save money, there is nothing wrong with it. If she really made Joe pay for all those stuff, then ok yeah although the guy was a willing victim (until he left her of course), but since there is no way of knowing if these speculations are true, I'm just commenting on the "cheap cuts of meat" bit since that's something she admitted herself/can be verified.
As @Wheelsbaby mentioned, the fact he was able to settle things with the landlord before he informed Elle shows that he was the one handling the rent. Also their place together was far nicer than any other place Elle has been able to afford on her own, which heavily suggests that Joe was paying for or at least heavily subsidizing their rent.

One of the gossipers found Joe selling the furniture they bought together for their apartment on a Vancouver buy and sell page on Facebook (you can find the screenshot in an earlier thread) and he specifically mentioned that “I paid xyz for it from this store, selling at price.” The fact he kept pretty much all the furniture they bought together suggests that he was the one who bought them initially. Every piece that Eleanor brought with her to the relationship is still with her, as seen in her later apartment tour videos.

Pre-Joe, Elle had never hauled that much, nor did she have a cleaning lady or go to drybar regularly. If this was something she could afford on her own, no doubt we’d see more of it but the fact it only happened when she was with Joe heavily suggests that because he paid for all the large shared expenses, she was able to have more disposable income to spend on herself in this way.

There’s nothing wrong with buying cheaper cuts of meat to save money, especially if income is tight, but scrimping on ingredients (that you’re using to cook for the very boyfriend who pays for most things) while using that saved cash on daily Nordstrom hauls and drybar for yourself seems incredibly selfish.

• Heart

WaneGal

A lot of luxury items are not worth the cost, namely Chanel bags (which I heard are really uncomfortable, heavy and the chains dig in). I also heard that LV neverfulls are not comfy either because the straps are thin and dig into your shoulders. Same with Ferragamo flats - they have no arch support whatsoever. I prefer my trusty Clarks or Ecco shoes thanks.
There is nothing wrong with buying luxury with one's own money. Can we focus on Elle and not be so opinionated about luxury?

I personally think Chanel bags are gorgeous and comfortable to wear (I own two for many many years, and can probably get most of the money back if I decide to sell them one day). Ferragamo flats are great for formal work events when you don't have to walk around so much and still like to look nice. Never full is also very practical for a lot of people's life style.

Elle is the problem, not these popular items that a lot of people actually find useful. The luxury community is not all idiots.

• Heart

Wheelsbaby

She has no rhyme or reason to her purchases, she goes nowhere to wear so much. Imagine the investment portfolio or even properties (managed by a professional of course) she could own if she didn't have this spending problem.
Why does Ginette keep giving her money it makes no sense.
It can't be her own money through earnings, who does she think she is kidding🤔🤔
I think she’s just a classic spender. It’s just unfathomable to prudent folks that you can prioritize shopping over a retirement fund. She also really expects that a man will eventually marry her and get her a house.

Part of this seems to be that Ginette didn’t actually spoil her that much in childhood (probably cos they were never rich). She has bitter memories of not having the coach wristlets that other girls had in high school, so in adulthood She overcompensates.

Especially at Durham or as a trainee in big law, she may have found herself a lot less wealthy / socially elite / smart than her peers and she simply cannot accept feeling mediocre.

so whatever income she gets from her job or scammy businesses, she spends and spends.

She has a scarcity & hoarder mindset and doesn’t have that abundant and quiet confidence that wealthy and successful people possess.

greenbear

VIP Member
She posted a reply haha

I don't think Smelle understands what 'first language' is 😂 You maybe spoke French as a toddler, Smelle, but even your own mother said you can't speak it fluently 😂😂😂 Remember that vlogmas video when she disclosed the uncomfortable truth and you tried to kill her with your eyes? It's one of those few vlogmas films you haven't deleted yet.

View attachment 313146
oh how I loved that Ginette outed her, her accent is completely off anyway.
why does she have to lie about everything?? will the real Elle please stand up??

Looks like Elle is doing a Vlogmas this year🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Am I the only one so excited to see her Vlogmas with no content???!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Heretosnoop

Thoughts on the video..

1.she has the candle label facing the camera and then turns the label to face her and has the weirdest satisfaction smug face...do people need to look at their candle logos to feel content?? she also has FOUR candles on her coffee table...can't she finish one before starting a new one??
2.her outfit is so unflattering...Elle if you wore that in front of a guy...they won't stick around..you look like you belong at walmart during after hours when the weird people shop
3.food looks nasty as hell
4.cheap earrings for her mom??
5.notice the jo malone box on display to show her shower products??who does this? I toss all my packaging
6.shes looking fuller in the arms and face..there must be a man in her life

• Haha
  • Heart

Wheelsbaby

My classmates in law school chose alternative professions and none of them refer to themselves as a lawyer. They also passed the bar. But chose different occupations and go by their current job title.

Some of us also practiced for a few years then went in-house (at this stage we still referred to ourselves as legal counsel since it was part of our job title). But later on when we made a shift into other roles, such as academia or government or policy or consultancy jobs, we no longer refer to ourselves as being Lawyers, it’s common practice by our current job scope.

You think it’s appropriate to call yourself a lawyer when your job title is Investigator? In front of your colleagues and bosses?

Also, seeing as Elle is no longer employed as an investigator, for a year and half going on 2 years, you think she can still in good faith refer to herself as a lawyer?

🤣 anyway I’m excited at she’s finally gotten an actual law job. Time to experience the real world! Let’s see if she can actually deal with having experienced and qualified Lawyers around her

Last edited:

boredstrom

VIP Member
Yeah if the bracelet was their second xmas together I am sure he was thinking of splitting. It was probably the turning point because he knew she was expecting an engagement ring and he was forced to sit down and contemplate what the rest of his life would be like with her. Maybe he did that, realized he didn't want that life and at the 11th hour had to run out and grab something quickly just to give her something.

Elle probably could have saved herself if she saw the signs when she opened that bracelet. Imagine if after xmas told him that she realized she wasn't pulling her weight financially and wanted to pitch in more. That she loved him and wanted their relationship to be a partnership in every way possible. It would be a nice way of saying 'I am going to try and work on not being such a greedy asshole' and might have saved her.

But if you look at those girlboss vlogs between that xmas and the breakup, you can see she did the exact opposite. Spent more, bought more, continued to try and outsource even her basic care to other people.

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
She's a lawyer. She has the degree, she's been admitted to the bar, she's qualified to work as a lawyer. That makes her a lawyer.

Ok, maybe the law professor is a stretch, but no matter how much we are annoyed at her, she is a lawyer.
I’m sorry but if someone has a law degree but never practices as a lawyer (or hasn’t for a very long time), telling everyone about their “life as a lawyer” or “my day to day as a law professional”, which is exactly what Eleanor was doing...then they are absolutely being fraudulent and misrepresenting the facts.

• Heart

Wheelsbaby

To be honest, the real basis of this thread is Elle's dishonesty about her occupation. Her scamming people comes next, as a secondary lie to keep up with her primary lie - she being a girl boss. Hypothetically, if she is a real lawyer, or it is commonly accepted by the society, this thread won't even exist. IMHO, her other personality flaws are personal and harmless. If she is honest about her occupation and not obsessed with her fake girl boss persona, I don't think she deserve all this hating.
Exactly! It's her dishonesty and unethical ways. Elle literally has an avalanche of lies just to feed her ego of being a "girl boss" who has it all.

- being a busy professional lawyer
- being a girl boss
- being a jewelry and apparel designer
- being foreign and 'European'
- having a bad root canal
- being XS

The totality of her lies reveals a compulsive liar and scammer. This is why we feel Elle's behavior is inexcusable, and every little discrepancy should be called out. She needs to be held accountable. It's not just an Ego thing, she's actively profiting from it (viewers who buy her pearls/scarves who believe she is trustworthy since is accomplished and has it all; scamming people in a pandemic etc.)

Also the lawyer thing is super annoying for other professionals in the field. She conveniently points out the statistic that there is high attrition for women in law (after 5 years) to explain why she's no longer in practice. There's so many things wrong with this!! First, the attrition rate refers to women who actually practiced for a couple of years before leaving, usually because of family/kids. Elle NEVER practiced. She was happy to coast in her investigator job, but has the audacity to claim that she is the SAME as the other hardworking professional women who had to make hard choices to leave their career. This is just GROSS. Also, to claim that she is 'in-house counsel' is simply a slap in the face to all the lawyers who worked very hard in their law firms for years, before moving in-house to an organization. Not to mention the fact that she has ACTUAL colleagues who are enforcement counsel, or work under the General Counsel at MFDA (these are the actual in-house lawyers). She has zero respect for them.

• Heart

DogMom1990

Without content related to work or personal life, Elle is left with nothing but scarf and beads ads with a few pictures of her cats sprinkled here and there. So boring.

• Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
This NEEDS to be in the next thread title. 😆💀

Something like: Eleanor Florence Lecocq #8 M’Elletdown in Seatt-Elle

We can workshop it later as we get closer. 🤣
Mom's in town, 'haters' abound, no guy will stick around, time for a M'Elletdown.

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Whenever I eat sushi (with the soy sauce), I go up 2-3 pounds on my scale. But I never got cankles though.

I honestly don't know what Elle does with all the clothes she has. She has so so much. She doesn't work. Where does she wear all her dresses to? Clothes go out of fashion after a while, your figure changes with age / having kids. She should just lighten up on all the shopping. She has tens of thousands of dollars worth of goods just sitting in her closet.
She's a pack rat, and probably enjoys the experience of buying something a lot more than the item itself.

In regards to her stuff going out of fashion, I don't think it really matters for Eleanor given she's never been in fashion and has been wearing her hybrid granny/hooker style for years. Think extremely matronly pieces with unflattering cuts but show a lot of cleavage and is two sizes too small. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Heretosnoop

I find it hilarious that her little bio is that she enjoys to cuck italian food and that she likes to hike...she must be trying really hard to find a husband in Seattle

• Haha
  • Heart