Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Nothing wrong with luxury purchases if your needs are taken care of first and you have the cash left over.

Add it all up. Take two good coats off the list to keep and then total up the cost of the rest.

Enough for a year of therapy with a really good therapist. If she had made that purchase instead of more coats than a restaurant coat check, Rick may never have happened.
Smelley’s issue definitely isn’t not being able to afford therapy. I don’t think she sees that she has a problem. 🤣

Also it's very funny that Elle herself is not really a luxury YouTuber.

Now among the luxury community, hoarding for the sake of hoarding is really not current. The luxury community has shifted the focus to have a more curated collection, have a purpose for each item and acquire trendy items mindfully. These are the luxury topics that are getting views.

Chase Amie and her alikes are exceptions but I think that makes sense because their channel positioning is YSL encyclopedia.
Amie and Elle both joined youtube around a time when youtubers would make "My luxury bag collection: 100 styles from Chanel, Hermes, Gucci and more!" videos but as you said, that's no longer the case for most luxury youtubers. Minimalism is in and no one really admires hoarders these days.

Amie's channel has managed to have more longevity because she curates her collection quite aggressively (she often sells her used stuff to her subscribers) and luckily for her, the bulk of her collection are her classic Chanel flaps in neutral colors so they'll never really go out of fashion. Amie also picks up a lot of items from the boutique and that ensures her collection stays fresh and current, even if the styles are boring. Eleanor Florence on the other hand, buys non-classic styles in garish materials and designs, and she'll do it years after they've come out to get a good discount from a consignment site. No one whose actually into fashion will take her bag recommendations given how outdated it is unless they just happen to really like a style.

I agree that Elle isn't really a luxury youtuber - they buy a lot of good and current items from the major fashion houses and don't hoard ugly Chanel because "it's Chanel!" and they actually have a style. Elle's more of a hoarder with some budget and just collects things. The majority of her hauls are from Nordstrom's in-house brands, which is closer to Zara/H&M/fast fashion than luxury. She pivoted heavily to the lifestyle category ever since she moved in with Chris, and was at her peak with Joe. Too bad she was a liar and people called her out but that's what happens when you're effectively a lifestyle youtuber and misrepresent your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

202leda

I know we’ve discussed this before but I tried to find a similar bracelet on Peoples and I am 99.9 percent positive hers isn’t even one of the “nicer” ones just due to the clasp. It was a lobster clasp vs the traditional box clasp. The “nicest” quality lobster clasp bracelet I found was made of 10k gold, which no offense isn’t even considered fine jewelry. Meaning he couldn’t even bother to get her one that was nice. He literally got her costume jewelry.

Now, I know we shouldn’t get caught up with costs when it comes to gifts and it’s the thought that counts, but Elle was his LIVE IN girlfriend and he could easily afford a lower end but nice 14k tennis bracelet. Instead he just went the cheapest route possible so he could shut her up...didn’t work, though, because she made him go to the jeweler to get the clasp replaced. 🤣🤣

It’s so dumb she still wears that thing, esp since it’s a gift that he clearly couldn’t have bothered with. That’s humiliating. I would’ve pawned that off and buy a Swarovski CZ one or something like this from Ring Concierge:

At least it would be yours and not some thoughtless gift someone gave you. Then again, Elle is a thoughtless gift giver so...karma??? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I see what you're saying. And I have a hunch that she will put at least SOME of her life back out there. That's just who she is.

But I do think she could keep the essence of channel without sacrificing privacy. I found her through her work wear videos, which while they do pertain to jobs, which she is not talking about, she COULD just make the videos without saying too much.

Obviously it would mean acknowledging that she HAS GOTTEN a job, and the clothes would give away what type of job it is, but since she's sitting around on her bum most of the day or off galavanting in the PNW, what could a little dress up hurt? That's what she does anyway! 💁‍♀️ And I'm sure Mama Ginette wouldn't mind shelling out a few thousand more for her "Oh So Resilient" daughter's new "job" outfits...right? 😉
Maybe a new 'capsule' work wardrobe consisting of only 200 pieces.

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I was always dubious about the claims that Eleanore reads gossip threads... but her Instagram post about posting a receipt with her donations to the Nepalese NGO is very telling. She must have got that idea from here!

Hi, Elle! Quick question, babe - are you ever going to work again? It must be boring being at home all day long with nothing to do, no? Êtes-vous fatigué de mentir sur le fait d'être maître?
It's all so tonedeaf. Imagine finding one of those women from her instagram pic and telling her that this woman in the US who buys what she makes and just resells it just spent 150,000 rupees on two bags to bring things to work when she already has 30 bags and doesn't even have a job to go to. And she's starting a fundraiser?????

Just for reference a doctor in Nepal makes 600,000 rupees per year.

• Angry
  • Sad

boredstrom

VIP Member
Gosh, you think she would be more sensitive to the pumpkins, after all she's been picked up and then put back in the patch enough times herself. She's still there, in fact.

She always looked dramatically different with no makeup (which is why she wears it, of course, regardless of wether the setting is appropriate for heavy makeup) but if you compare her makeup-less face here to one from the Joe era . . . the last 3 years really have aged her 10. I don't say 'Poor Elle' often, but I will say it here, she must be miserable.

Nice to see her out in the fresh air though. Her friend is a saint. Going pumpkin picking isn't about the pumpkin anyways, its about the day out and the smells and sights and the crunch of the leaves. Good for her.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I checked DryBar costs and if you wash your own hair and they just style it for you, it costs $25. It's not that bad. If they wash your hair for you, it's $50.

Certainly if Elle were a true girl boss, and she made a lot, then $200 per month (or even $100) per month is not that bad - ok a bit more with tips (supposing she went once per week), but still. It's still way way cheaper than all the handbags, cosmetics and clothing she does not need. For a real girl boss, going to DryBar may be relaxing and therapeutic. I think it's better value for money than Nordstrom hauls.
She used to keep her head greasy and have them wash it at drybar (she’s mentioned this in a few vlogs).

$200-400 per month for someone to wash and blow out her hair (someone mentioned she went twice/week based on her vlogs), and now she’s complaining about a $50 tea advent calendar being very expensive. How the mighty have fallen...🤣

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
She’s also really paranoid. Eleanor Florence has one of the most active gossip threads on Tattle and GG before everyone left that website (and even some commentators on Gossip Bakery and Reddit) despite being a small YouTuber (pretty sure she is one of the YouTubers with the highest gossip to subscribers/viewers ratio). When she gets a comment like that on Instagram, she’s definitely worried that it’s a gossiper or gossipers will see her response so she pretends to be private these days but just comes off as dodgy and passive aggressive.

Debbie1633

She’s a horrible salesperson. She described the shower gel as over the top spa scent. WTF does that mean??

she said she stopped going to get blowouts at drybar because she realized how expensive that habit was. No, that is not the freaking reason. The reason Smelle stopped going is because she no longer has Joe who was willing to pay for the majority of her expenses - rent, maid service, furniture, etc. You don’t work so you can bankroll your ridiculous lifestyle anymore. If you were still in a relationship with him, I bet you you would still be getting regular blowouts.

did you guys catch that some items in the haul are for her mom? Want to bet her mom paid for everything??

And the drybar double shot is a total copy of the cult revlon one, which has fantastic reviews and much cheaper than the dry bar one.

smelle is all about the name brand and packaging. This tells you how superficial she is.

• Heart
  • Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Continuation of the threads for Elle Florence aka:

Eleanor Florence
Elle Florence Marie Lecocq
Eleanor Florence Marie Lecocq
Elle Lecocq
Elle Florence Lecocq
Eleanor Florence Lecocq
Eleanor Lecocq
Eleonore Florence
Eleonore Florence Lecocq
Eleonore Florence Marie Lecocq
Eleonore Lecocq

the youtuber with a thousand names who loves to man hunt, scam her viewers, and spell her own name at least four different ways on her website to drive traffic away from tattle, gurugossiper, gossip bakery, and reddit. The life of a scammer is tough, and so is covering SEO so potential victims (unsuspecting men of Seattle) don't see her for the dubious character she is.

Shoutout to @Lovely for the new title, which was by far everyone's favorite by a wide margin. 👏👏👏

For new gossipers:
This woman quit her job and life in Vancouver, Canada over a year ago for a shot to marry in Florida and was quickly dumped within months by her ex-fiance Rick (just like how she was dumped by Chris, Joe, Special Someone before him in the past few years). She then moved to Seattle and tried to scam Seattle locals on the Daily Hive by pretending to be a local small business (even though she sources all her cheap materials abroad) while she lived in an Airbnb and dated exhaustively during a global pandemic, because she can't stand to be without a man. She was called out on Instagram by many people who tagged her latest victim, Dean, and he prompted dumped her as well so she's back online and man hunting. This same woman also misrepresented/lied about the truth many times in the past in everything from her job (she's NOT a practicing lawyer or in-house counsel as she claims to be) to her dress size (she buys things that clearly don't fit properly in stretchy materials, squeezes herself into them and claims to be smaller than she actually is) to plastic surgery ("bad root canal" apparently means a new chin). She also sells overpriced jewelry made of cheap materials (that looks identical to those you'd find on Aliexpress/Alibaba) that she strings together while watching Hallmark romance movies and doesn't offer returns when they break immediately and scarves she claims to design herself even though it's bulk ordered from a wholesaler in Nepal at a fraction of her selling price (the most "design" she does there is pick colors from a color chart while cheap labor abroad makes her stuff). Now she has laid her roots in a rental apartment in Seattle while she desperately looks for a guy to pay for her lifestyle like she did with her exes, and she calls herself a "young professional by day" despite the fact that she's over 30 and hasn't worked a real job for well over a year. Hunting for a rich husband has become her full-time gig while scamming her naïve viewers (she posts affiliate links for everything and doesn't mention brand names in video descriptions to force you to click her links!) is her part-time hobby.

Recently, she has been extremely rude to her subscribers and is deleting any comments and blocking fans that ask her questions that may question her narrative. Her house of lies is crumbling down and even her long time fans are starting to realize that everything she brags about doesn't add up, and we have screenshots of many of these deleted messages on previous threads. When you're a lying, scamming, fake almost 32 something with extremely thin skin that relies on mommy, scams subbies, or leeches off men, it's not a surprise that many people will find you morally questionable and call you out for your poor behavior.

Links:
https://www.youtube.com/user/glossypinklipgloss
https://www.instagram.com/elleflorence/

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Katrina_AK_0099

Compared to the other lawyers at her job I feel like elle's top is way too low cut. Some of them do have a lower scoop neck but some how only elle's looks unprofessional to me
It's too low cut and it's gaping. It's also a t-shirt! Who does that?!? She's in a profession where first impressions are everything, and she looks like Karen on her way to bible study.

The firm's website seems unprofessional. Attorneys in t-shirts (not just Elle), the Seattle office being in a WeWork, being told to contact them individually versus calling or sending an email to a corporate address. That plus the fact they hired Elle... something seems fishy.

• Haha

MissGlam21

Immix Law Group exists to serve its clients’ legal needs, while never forgetting the business reality faced by each client served. Our team is made up of attorneys who also have substantial non-legal business experience, and who know first-hand what it is like to be a consumer of legal services. We have entrepreneurs, business owners, former high-level executives, former marketing managers, and former creative services providers.

It sounds like a boutique firm that is pretty innovative, not a traditional firm at all.

While her colleague was a former pharmaceutical tool CEO whose Husband is named Joe, Elle’s profile reads that she has a social media following and designs fine jewelry and operates an e commerce business 🤣

From her profile, She hasn’t gotten any US legal qualifications at the moment:

Just the fraud examiner certificate
  • Called to the Bar in British Columbia, 2013
  • Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Fraud Examiner, 2019
  • Canadian Securities Course, 2015
  • University of Toronto, Masters of Law, 2011
  • Durham University, LLB, 2010
Yes, I agree. Looks like this firm is made up of a bunch of independent legal counsel who share office rent (none right now because of covid), an admin team, and other resources. Lots of firms (in Canada at least) follow this shared-space/one firm type of model. I presume that Eleanor Lecocq would be responsible for bringing clients into the firm and for billing a certain number of hours each month. Far from that cushy investigator job she had. Let’s see her give it a go. Also, her bio is HILARIOUS 😂 if I was thinking about selling my business, she wouldn't be my first pick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

greenbear

VIP Member
Dry shampoo works wonders. It's probably because she cut her own hair.

I don't know why Elle thinks it's a good idea to show up to work with pageant hair everyday regardless of circumstance. When I wear my hair down, I always put part of it up like half up and half down, for work. Or I wear my hair in a bun. It looks neater. Work isn't a beauty pageant.
I think she was always so done up because work was her only outlet to dress up as she had no real life.

actuallawyer

Everyone needs to watch the laptop bag haul if you haven’t already. I can’t remember which point it is but there’s a moment where she’s “modeling” the bag and there’s an absolutely dead expression on her face. It’s like she’s either (a) aware that the Smirk is ridiculous and is actively trying to conceal it, or (b) she truly is dead inside. I was shocked when I saw that look. I’m at my office but if anyone has time to grab a screenshot, I’d love to see it on here.

• Haha
  • Wow

202leda

I am a pretty jovial person, but I don't know what it is about her giggling that induces rage in me. It was at its worst with Joe. That guy was a Saint, I would not have lasted more than an hour with her... 😡🤬😡
You’re not the only one. The moment I heard her giggling over rinsing that stupid pumpkin it made me wince hard. I think a part of me associates that giggle with her childishness around Joe, which was when her overall behavior disgusted me. I couldn’t stand how people thought she was such a “Girlboss” when I saw nothing but a lazy, needy, immature idiot.

• Sick

bethannebodyworks

Nice going, B! Always great to see women leveling up in real, “girlboss” ways. ✨❤
Why thank you!

I own a consulting firm and am losing out on approximately $20,000 a month because I outsource to attorneys. There is a specific service my company offers that we can't do in-house but which I know all the steps to because I've been helping attorneys in my industry do it for 10+ years. So I figured I might as well go to law school and get that coin myself. It'll definitely level up my company for sure!

It’s to hide her identity from future victims and employers I think. She tried to use different variations from YouTube to keep things separate but of course it’s hard to hide on the internet when you have a reputation like Elle.
I agree with you that she does it on purpose. However, her current employer calls her Eleanor F. Lecocq and on her LLM thesis she was Eleonore. Both can't be her real name! I can understand if she uses different names but a school and employer should both be using the same legal name...

• Heart
  • Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Everyone needs to watch the laptop bag haul if you haven’t already. I can’t remember which point it is but there’s a moment where she’s “modeling” the bag and there’s an absolutely dead expression on her face. It’s like she’s either (a) aware that the Smirk is ridiculous and is actively trying to conceal it, or (b) she truly is dead inside. I was shocked when I saw that look. I’m at my office but if anyone has time to grab a screenshot, I’d love to see it on here.
Is it this one? She makes a similar expression while modelling the other bag. Also why does her face looks so different all the time depending on angle/lighting/makeup...also looks like #girlboss colored her hair recently. "I haven't colored my hair for ten years" my ass. :rolleyes:
1603206042184.png

• Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Someone said the bracelet is from Peoples and they have legit stuff. From a few hundred to a few grand. I don't think he cheaped out too much.

Thing is, Peoples is like a Jewelry supermarket. Its where a guy who has no idea where to go would go because its the jewelry store he knows exists. Elle definitely wanted it to come from some braggable exclusive boutique with a french name she could mangle in her 10 part video series on it.

It would be like if Joe was really into high end stereos and Elle got him speakers from Best Buy. Sure, Best Buy has some really nice speakers, but someone really into the hobby won't be as excited about their goods. They say you shouldn't buy someone a gift that relates to their hobby because you're never going to get the nuances and details just right, but what choice did Joe have? Elle's only hobby is spending money. Anything on the planet he could buy falls under that category.

All that said, its REALLY telling that she still wears it. She's still sorting out that day she came home to the suitcases in the hall.