Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jessterday

Just to be clear, and Jess knows who I am by now, so whatever, I'm the one who built VF Academy out of her slide decks and research. The entire reason it exists in the form it is now is because of my work. I created the bitesize courses, the videos, secured the platform, everything. I know what went into all the courses because I did it. I know those courses aren't CPD accredited because she specifically instructed me to lie to CPD in order to achieve an easier route to accreditation.

I'm really angry that my name is associated with her and I look forward to the day she deletes all products with my name on them. But they make money so she won't/can't.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Always worth BPS again as a case will build. Same with places like Action Fraud.
Right off to bed I'm exhausted I've wasted a whole day on this. I've sent a detailed complaint to the BPS and spoke to a solicitor who confirmed she's in breach of contract law and showed me who to report it to so I've done that AND I've spoken to a journalist. If someone doesn't hold this woman to account after all this I give up.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

MsSelfridge

I absolutely do not believe she suffered abuse as a teenager. Her whole life is a huge lie, why would this one aspect be the truth.
I’ll be honest, as much as I believe she lies about a lot of things, I’m uncomfortable with us starting to attack the legitimacy of her claims of abuse suffered when she was a teenager. I think it could make others feel they wouldn’t be believed.

What I will say is, my experiences of being a teenager that developed early, and then a grown woman in this world, has been littered with men feeling they have the right to touch me, shout sexual remarks, force themselves on me and generally fail to understand the meaning of the word “no”. I think most woman would have the same experience. The sad truth is this is part of being a woman - it shouldn’t be, but this is why the feminist movement is needed. Now the difference is I haven’t made a career of talking about it or suggesting that I’m different from everyone else, that my experiences have been “worse” than yours. And that’s the issue here - not whether or not what she says about teenage abuse is true (because on the balance of probabilities it probably is) - that she invites people hero worshipping her like her experiences have been worse, her journey to success harder, and her “success” unachievable for the rest of us. And then if anyone dares to hint at the kind of thing I just said, they’re called “jealous”.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jessterday

See how easy it is to credit people's words, Jess? And apologise if you don't get it quite right the first time? Easy-peasy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

ste1982

Well shit the bed I found a Jessica Eaton thread. Or Taylor as she is known now. I knew he years and years ago way back just before she started her OU degree in psychology. I had to block her off everything after a while because she is a total narcissist and her private Facebook irritated me so much. Jess is the kind of person who would say they had been the manager of tescos just because something fell off the shelf and she put it back. She lied sooooooo much to me and a bunch of us back then. Back when she self published her first book about her abusive partner: she told different stories to so many of us and then when we read the book we saw different stories again. She makes so much stuff up. When she did her degree she was shit! I mean honestly she didn’t get it at all. Self funded her phd and constantly used to put controversial things on her private Facebook to get people to bite: she was literally one of those people who would tag herself into the hospital and then when people asked what’s up she would say dm me 😂😂 not even lying.

I’ve got 4 threads to catch up on but I see she got what she always wanted… everyone to be talking about her.

also weird what she says about autism and adhd as she told me her kids had that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Boogs

VIP Member
I think Jess went in so hard on Sally Ann because she thought she could control her. She thought she was the perfect victim to blame, which would scare others off from speaking out too. She greatly underestimated Sally Ann. That poor woman has more strength in her little finger than you could ever hope to have Jess. You can seek all the power and control that you want, it won’t fill the hole inside you. Weak people behave the way that you do. Deep down you know that. You won’t always get away with treating people the way you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Rach8456

VIP Member
Feeling the need to comment here…. Normally just lurk on this thread! I’m ashamed to say I fell for her act in the beginning and even messaged her about her first book to say how useful I found it. She would respond to the gushing messages every time, but then about a year ago, maybe more, I messaged her desperately asking for help for a service user of mine who was really struggling and I had run out of options to try and help her. So I messaged Jess asking if she knew of any services that could provide help…. She didn’t bother her arse replying. From then I just thought something was off, and now all this has come out I’m just disgusted by her. I hope this ends soon and no one else is harmed by her

• Sad
  • Heart

timesup

That's terrible. I wonder if she was ever actually motivated by wanting to help or if she just saw a gap in the market?
Having known her for several years, I can confirm that she’s only motivated by power and money. She doesn’t care about anyone except for herself, or people in the moment who can give her something. She uses people, including genuine friendships and partners. She’s deeply insecure and causes drama and toxic relationships everywhere she goes. She enjoys lying, she enjoys fooling people and she likes to feel better, or smarter, than people. The whole feminism, lesbianism, trauma informed victim warrior is a relatively new creation designed entirely to gain followers, influence and make money. We’ve all seen how she treats people; this is not feminism. We’ve all seen how she jumped from a heteronormative marriage to a lesbian one, and how she likes to almost weaponise this as another ‘victim label’; this is not lesbianism. She’s a fraud plain and simple.

• Wow
  • Heart
I want to say thank you to the incredible Sally Ann for not being intimidated by Jess. I feel an absolute mug for all the support I've given her and let her make me think I was just jealous of her success when she was going on holidays I could never afford that I've inevitably funded with donations, buying resources, courses I could never access and conference tickets I never heard anything about after payment.
I thought she valued my friendship but she obviously valued my fawning. My experience of the mental health system reflected in what she was saying and being so vulnerable I let it turn me away from engaging completely and trying at all to recover.

I batted away red flags left, right and centre because I believed in her and believed she was really fighting for women like me. I believed I was the problem thinking nasty things about the power imbalance in her relationship, her inappropriate conduct, the performative posts on professional accounts. These revelations have hit me so hard, it's worse than I ever thought possible. I missed most of the more recent ramped up fuckery but have always believed her claims because why would you lie about these things? Fortunately she directed me via her own Twitter rants to irrefutable evidence, I found these threads and now I feel like I'm processing exploitation all over again, some of the same tactics that my abusers used.

Thank you brave women. Courage calls to courage everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

AccidentalAcademic

Thanks so much for thinking of me
I'm glad you're OK and I hope JT's bullying and blustering threats of police action didn't rattle you too much. I see that one of Jessica's fangirls is now trying to say that Sally-Ann's recording isn't proof that she never had a warning from the police, just that she hasn't been *formally* warned, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica's next statement on you all is, "I could've had everyone charged, but I decided just to let the police use informal warnings, which are part of the trauma-informed policing I've been in charge of developing nationwide. So sick of being bullied and abused when I've always been the bigger person! And the reason the police didn't remember speaking to SA is cos a local police force didn't feel able to handle such a serious case, so she was actually seen by a team from MI5 who work round the clock to support me and J cos of all the abuse we get as leaders on the world stage. I didn't fucking ask for any of this, I'm just a young lesbian who went from nothing to helping billions of women and girls who've told me I'm their only hope, so I'm not gonna shut up now pal."

Hm, if I get bored of the day job maybe I should apply for a job as a copywriter at VF. My style needs work but I think I've got the general pattern of lying and evasiveness down.

• Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I do wish we could stop going round in circles on the master’s vs no master’s issue! There’s so many more important issues to discuss and this just isn’t one. Jess is a rubbish, unethical researcher because she chooses to be, not because she didn’t do a master’s degree before her PhD.

Fully agree. Clinical and research here. Here is Jessica implying she works directly/clinically with clients. Again.
Other things she can simultaneously be:

A survivor of abuse AND a perpetrator of abuse
A survivor of abuse AND someone that can't speak for all other survivors
A PhD in psychology AND not qualified for clinical practice
An academic AND a grifter
A woman AND a potential predator
A lesbian AND subject to valid criticism that isn't based on homophobia

• Heart
Reactions: 19

littlesunflower

Jess was the first lesbian ever to not wear a dress to her wedding. No lesbian ever in history has chosen to wear a suit, tuxedo or trousers. Jess is a trailblazer.

Also no fat woman has ever married without first slimming down to a size 10. Jess was the first woman to not lose weight before her wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Jessterday

No its OK. I was unsure back on the first thread about how much to share, but I'm appalled at the danger she poses to women just like me, and can't sit back and watch her behaviour without saying something. Please feel free to use this to build your case.

• Heart
As a lawyer I loathe people who use empty threats of legal action/police reporting etc to intimidate people who might not know that there's no substance to it. I consider those who do this the absolute lowest of the low. So it makes sense that Jess has done just that.
I can confirm after being threatened with the police, I've heard nothing at all.

• Heart
RE: the abuse, Jess was drinking heavily as a teenager and got herself in with the wrong crowd. Did grown men take advantage of this? Probably. Is that wrong? Yes. But Jess claims she was a victim of sex trafficking, and I think that description is wrong. She wants people to think she was kidnapped and pimped around England with no means to escape. She wasn’t.

She did what a lot of teenage girls do and some disgusting men probably took advantage of her (was it the odd 19 year old or was it a stream of 45 year old blokes? Jess wants people to picture the latter.) It’s wrong but this story is no different to what lots of women have been through, however Jess has to be different and so her story is one of pimping and rape and sex trafficking. If she told the truth about her teenage years and what she actually experienced I’m sure lots of women could offer solidarity considering many probably went through the same. She has to stand out though, and so her story is that something outrageous happened and it was much worse for her than anyone else (and she took the opportunity during her pimping and trafficking to attend her GCSEs and get 16 B+ grades.)
I detest what's she's doing professionally, but I'm not comfortable with this pulling apart of her past. We don't know what happened to her and some of these discussions smack of victim blaming in themselves. Getting her GCSEs doesn't disqualify her from being trafficked. I was pimped and trafficked, in the very violent stereotypical way people think of, while at university and I still eventually managed to qualify. I was later abused and trafficked again in a horribly violent relationship while working in a professional field. I've experienced the 'you couldn't have been, you managed to get an education' stuff countless times, including from professionals.

• Heart

AccidentalAcademic

Today a psychiatrist I follow on Twitter (who happens to have treatment resistant depression himself) tweeted his concern about a non-clinician misusing the term to spread fear and misinformation. I unfollowed and muted Jessica well over a year ago, because I was fed up of my timeline being clogged up with her pointless petty fights and increasingly dubious takes, so I couldn't see the tweet he was quoting...but just from the description I knew it had to be her. And it was.

This is one of the areas where her habit of posing as a clinician is actively dangerous, because the things she was writing could cause people whose depression has been described as treatment resistant to become despairing. To anyone who has heard their difficulties described in that way:

1. The term 'treatment resistant' means that your depression has not been significantly improved by any of the options that are typically used first (guided self-help, low-intensity cognitive behavioural approaches, medication). It does not mean the professionals think you're never going to improve or feel better.

2. Treatment resistant depression has a well-established link with trauma. One of the first things clinicians should do if those first line treatments don't work is to re-assess your needs and consider whether a longer-term therapy is suitable. For example, there is evidence that acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) can help people with depression who have not benefited from other approaches, which is particularly suitable for people with a trauma history. A small-scale feasibility study suggests that compassion-focused therapy (CFT) might also have potential, but further research is needed there.

3. Psychiatrists know the above. In fact a lot of research into the most effective psychological therapies for people with treatment resistant mental health conditions has been carried out by them, so Jessica's rant that women are being labelled as treatment resistant and offered euthanasia by psychiatrists (!) is once again not grounded in fact. Why would they bother identifying therapeutic interventions that help this group of patients, publish the findings so that other clinicians can know what help to offer, and then turn round and say, "Actually, you're better off dead"?

She is once again trying to position herself as the rescuer and champion of vulnerable people, at the expense of those very same people - by sharing information that is factually untrue and telling them that the people who might be able to help them don't think they can be helped. It's cruel. To anyone in this position: you absolutely can be helped, and please don't be persuaded by Jessica Taylor that no one actually qualified to treat you would be interested in doing so. She has no training in therapy herself, has never worked directly with patients, and her ignorance shows on topics like this.

Was thinking if there was any concrete proof amber's legal team contacted her....

Amber's team was comprised of professional, old school type lawyers and experts. It doesn't sound right to me that they'd scrape the bottom of the barrel trying to hustle up a tv dr with no clinical experience
I very much doubt it was true. If they wanted an expert witness to support their case, why would they look across the Atlantic for one? It's not as if the USA has any shortage of psychologists with an interest in domestic violence and trauma. I suppose it's possible that they stumbled on JT's website and initially mistook her for a serious researcher on the topic, in which case they might have conceivably asked to see her data on victim-blaming, but given the only academic research she's ever done is a small-scale qualitative PhD study in Birmingham, UK, it would hardly have been applicable.

As an aside, do any of the former VF employees know if she has ever applied to a doctorate in clinical psychology or any other practitioner training? I used to think she had never applied because she was too afraid of the high chance of rejection/the scrutiny and push for self-reflection that comes with working under supervision, but the fact that sometimes makes false claims about clinical psychology as a discipline is making me wonder if she tried and failed to get in.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

JTsFringe

Those questions are horrible. I have a history of sexual abuse. From a kid up to about 24/25. I rarely think about it. Ever. But those questions are triggering AF. And where are the ethics? The support? What if a woman is to answer those questions, spiral and then hurts herself? Who cares cuz Jess gets her answers?

What did I think feel and do when the abuse was happening to me? You want someone to go back and think about their deepest darkest thoughts at probably the worst time in their lives in a questionnaire with no follow up support?

Write about the intimate contact you do and do not enjoy. Why? Why would you want someone who could potentially be moving forward with life, to think about a time they were raped & then link it with sex with their partner and re-traumatise them all over again, and for what?

Jesus christ. When you really think about it, Jessica Taylor should be stripped of her doctorate. She does not deserve the title Dr.

• Sad

witchinghour

Shutting down communication between staff? Was the next 'NDA' going to include a clause where staff sign away their right to freedom of association and agree to have their private messages monitored by Jess? That just sounds unhinged, as does the sudden invocation of Hollywood. Far from impressing me, that would concern me. Did anyone on the staff actually believe it or see the idea as a positive thing?
It was all part of fuckery of the highest order. Some of the staff, myself included, raised concerns after the WhatsApp chat about Sally Ann and Rachel Williams. Jessica appeared to be taking it seriously and saying all the right things to start with e.g. (paraphrasing) "everyone should feel free to speak their mind, no one is in trouble, I need to take responsibility for the culture in the WhatsApp as the boss, as no one has had any guidance" etc etc.

At this point, we STILL thought we were working for an organisation that was ethical and feminist at heart and that although something had plainly gone very wrong, it was fixable, as here we were talking openly about it. Only that was a charade. I can see now that Jess was just collecting information to see who she could trust not to question her.

After that, a week of absolute fuckery commenced, after which everyone who questioned her lost their jobs.

It was during that week I saw Jess's true colours. She lied and lied and lied, and I watched Jaimi lie for her. She and Jaimi invented a narrative that there was an element of people at VF who were against the other staff and wanted retribution for the WhatsApp chat. We didn't want that at all, we wanted the organisation to be the trauma informed, ethical organisation it had been presented to us as. We wanted Jess to start acting like the ethical feminist she claimed she was. (Of course we know now, that was never going to happen.)

Jess tried to bully me into telling her who'd raised concerns about the WhatsApp chat and when I refused (as a few people had told me in confidence as one of the managers), she elicited the information out of a junior team member, then used that information to frame one of my highly ethical, extremely capable team members as a troublemaker.

I'd handed in my notice within a week of that meeting, my two team members had been sacked for completely false reasons and others were soon to follow out the door.

Jess has since told the staff that I had it in for them all along. Women I worked alongside, and those who knew me less well, are now scared to talk to me. Seriously, what fucking nonsense. And the absolute MO of an abusive liar - isolating people so as to control the narrative.

There were 24 members of staff at the time of the last recruitment drive in March, plus Jess and Jaimi. Only 11 of those staff remain as far as I know, could be less, even.

If any of those staff are reading this, if Jess has told you I had it in for any of you, she's lying her fucking arse off. It's what she does. She lies, and she lies, and she lies. I don't have it in for any of you. I was taken in by Jess for a long time, I really believed in the work I though we were doing and I was gutted to find out it's a sham. I am deeply concerned about the unethical, toxic house of cards that Jess has built.

Think about it, how many of the staff have had leaving parties? None when I left. Have many had one since? I doubt it's many, if any. That's not normal.

If a load of shit KEEPS on fucking happening to one person, after a while you have to ask yourself, does the world really have it in for this person, or are they the problem? Once you realise it's Jess that's the problem, it all makes a whole lot more sense.

Not for the first time, I find myself wondering the extent to which Jaimi believes this stuff. Part of me hopes she's lying too, because if she isn't, it's going to feel so hurtful and humiliating when she one day realises that she was duped into standing up in front of people and trying to sell them a teenage wannabe celeb fantasy.
Jaimi constantly shores up Jess's lies. She lies for her so often. I really don't know how aware she is of the extent of what she's doing though, or if she can clearly see how far from normal or OK the whole situation is.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry