Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'It's the content that is accredited' just echoes what JT has been quoted as saying ie. 'it's the same stuff'. There are very good reasons why it is not appropriate to deliver this kind of material in an online course, but if course she'd know that if she had ever read the ethical guidelines she professes to operate within. She shouldn't need to though, it should be bloody obvious. Still playing the same games with semantics, and still arrogantly continuing, even when it's clear people are seeking legal advice and determined to see it through.

Reactions: 4
Feeling the need to comment here…. Normally just lurk on this thread! I’m ashamed to say I fell for her act in the beginning and even messaged her about her first book to say how useful I found it. She would respond to the gushing messages every time, but then about a year ago, maybe more, I messaged her desperately asking for help for a service user of mine who was really struggling and I had run out of options to try and help her. So I messaged Jess asking if she knew of any services that could provide help…. She didn’t bother her arse replying. From then I just thought something was off, and now all this has come out I’m just disgusted by her. I hope this ends soon and no one else is harmed by her

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Feeling the need to comment here…. Normally just lurk on this thread! I’m ashamed to say I fell for her act in the beginning and even messaged her about her first book to say how useful I found it. She would respond to the gushing messages every time, but then about a year ago, maybe more, I messaged her desperately asking for help for a service user of mine who was really struggling and I had run out of options to try and help her. So I messaged Jess asking if she knew of any services that could provide help…. She didn’t bother her arse replying. From then I just thought something was off, and now all this has come out I’m just disgusted by her. I hope this ends soon and no one else is harmed by her
That's terrible. I wonder if she was ever actually motivated by wanting to help or if she just saw a gap in the market?

Reactions: 7
That's terrible. I wonder if she was ever actually motivated by wanting to help or if she just saw a gap in the market?
Having known her for several years, I can confirm that she’s only motivated by power and money. She doesn’t care about anyone except for herself, or people in the moment who can give her something. She uses people, including genuine friendships and partners. She’s deeply insecure and causes drama and toxic relationships everywhere she goes. She enjoys lying, she enjoys fooling people and she likes to feel better, or smarter, than people. The whole feminism, lesbianism, trauma informed victim warrior is a relatively new creation designed entirely to gain followers, influence and make money. We’ve all seen how she treats people; this is not feminism. We’ve all seen how she jumped from a heteronormative marriage to a lesbian one, and how she likes to almost weaponise this as another ‘victim label’; this is not lesbianism. She’s a fraud plain and simple.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Having known her for several years, I can confirm that she’s only motivated by power and money. She doesn’t care about anyone except for herself, or people in the moment who can give her something. She uses people, including genuine friendships and partners. She’s deeply insecure and causes drama and toxic relationships everywhere she goes. She enjoys lying, she enjoys fooling people and she likes to feel better, or smarter, than people. The whole feminism, lesbianism, trauma informed victim warrior is a relatively new creation designed entirely to gain followers, influence and make money. We’ve all seen how she treats people; this is not feminism. We’ve all seen how she jumped from a heteronormative marriage to a lesbian one, and how she likes to almost weaponise this as another ‘victim label’; this is not lesbianism. She’s a fraud plain and simple.
I agree with this I’m sorry to say. Someone who replies to praise in a few minutes, yet is nowhere to be seen when you’re seeking actually help is not a good person.

The whole SA thing was wrong on so many levels. The bottom line is that consent is not absolute; the second that girl said she wasn’t happy then her experience should have been removed and an apology issued taking responsibility for any harm caused. She flat out refuses and instead chooses To demonise a victim of abuse on a public forum. That was it for me.

now the latest scandal around non CPD accredited courses and changing of T&Cs after people have signed up - she’s finished and it’s no one’s fault but her own

Reactions: 14
I’ve known professionals over the years to make errors of judgement. I’ve known professionals to sometimes be unprofessional and do something I’m not comfortable with. Most of those people have the ability to recognise their mistakes, their errors, and be accountable as-well as reflect on them. We’re human beings, we all make mistakes. But I’ve never ever known someone whose whole setup, whose whole persona, is to systematically manipulate, lie, and use people for their own gain. I’ve never seen anyone so calculating, egocentric, and so dangerous to vulnerable women. You shouldn’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth; absolute none of it is genuine, or without an alternate motive. she should not have a platform, she should not be providing guidance or advice to anyone. Out of all those women who follow her; she’s the one who needs professional help the most.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
All she wants is fame and attention, and maybe a little bit, to have some vulnerable women depend on her, in a way that makes her feel powerful, superior.

Re the woman who was ignored when she wanted to discontinue the courses due to fv,

Any ethical person or organisation would respect that wish.

'It's the content that is accredited' just echoes what JT has been quoted as saying ie. 'it's the same stuff'. There are very good reasons why it is not appropriate to deliver this kind of material in an online course, but if course she'd know that if she had ever read the ethical guidelines she professes to operate within. She shouldn't need to though, it should be bloody obvious. Still playing the same games with semantics, and still arrogantly continuing, even when it's clear people are seeking legal advice and determined to see it through.
And still getting people to do her dirty work for her. Whoever she got to write that email has now been made to lie for her. And they may not even realise they're being used like this, yet.

I can just hear her saying to the staff member "of course the courses are accredited. This is bullshit from the same people who are out to get me. They're using every way they can find to attack me because they have a vendetta against me."

What she fails to mention is it isn't just one group of people who are reporting her, and it's not because anyone has a vendetta against her. It's many different people who have been impacted by Jess's unethical behaviour plus professionals and members of the public are concerned about the impact her behaviour has on others.

If the courses are accredited, where is the proof? It's nowhere, that reply was just more hot air and lies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
And still getting people to do her dirty work for her. Whoever she got to write that email has now been made to lie for her. And they may not even realise they're being used like this, yet.

I can just hear her saying to the staff member "of course the courses are accredited. This is bullshit from the same people who are out to get me. They're using every way they can find to attack me because they have a vendetta against me."

What she fails to mention is it isn't just one group of people who are reporting her, and it's not because anyone has a vendetta against her. It's many different people who have been impacted by Jess's unethical behaviour plus professionals and members of the public are concerned about the impact her behaviour has on others.

If the courses are accredited, where is the proof? It's nowhere, that reply was just more hot air and lies.
I do often think about the staff members who do her dirty work...they seem to act for her entirely.

I also find it odd that her staff remain nameless. On her website, in her tweets, even in course work, it's all her completely. Lkke if u sign on to a victimfocus coarse it must be to see Jess...get to pick her powerful brain!!

Most orgs like to spotlight and uplift their staff, it makes consumers feel like they know who they're working with. But u never hear her staff being named, introduced, profiled, or applauded

Hard to understand the worth of CPD accreditation & understand the system. I took a look & saw a better known name say their courses were accredited for content, delivery & pedagogy. Yet JT is claiming accreditation for content only. The CPD site is limited on how to identify if there are issues with accreditation claims. Came away confused

This whole area is such a mess. By its very definition the target market is vulnerable *victims*. She is not a non profit provider and there needs to be some serious regulatory scrutiny.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I see someone else has posted their email regarding paying for a course she now, currently, can't attend. What's the betting she answers this one now she's put it in twitter--telling her she can do the course whenever she is ready?? I bet she won't offer a refund, firstly because the woman has given her the choice of 'keeping the payment on file', and secondly because that will set a precedent for other people to claim refunds...

Reactions: 1
I see someone else has posted their email regarding paying for a course she now, currently, can't attend. What's the betting she answers this one now she's put it in twitter--telling her she can do the course whenever she is ready?? I bet she won't offer a refund, firstly because the woman has given her the choice of 'keeping the payment on file', and secondly because that will set a precedent for other people to claim refunds...
This apparently happened ages ago and JT just ignored her. Also, imagine paying nearly 300 quid a month, over several months, for a course that is not accredited and is operated by someone whose reputation has been brought into disrepute 😳

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
If the course can be proved to be unaccredited surely TS can intervene. People who buy these courses would likely qualify for vulnerable customer status. TS & Gov did lots of work on misselling of mobility aids to vilnerable elderly. Selling courses of limited value to a very vulnerable client base would surely be a similar issue. How do these courses benefit women - they're not directly helping people into employment as a trainer (this would be dubious anyway) they are not providing counselling & anyway issues of sexual violence being disclosed in an unsupported online environment just horrifies me.
As a parallel there is strict legislation on who can provide adoption counselling. There should be similar protection for those who've been subjected to CSA.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This apparently happened ages ago and JT just ignored her. Also, imagine paying nearly 300 quid a month, over several months, for a course that is not accredited and is operated by someone whose reputation has been brought into disrepute 😳
I must admit that it how JT first came to my attention. I looked at this course but saw that it didn't qualify you to do anything other than maybe work for her, so realised it was a complete waste of money...

Reactions: 6
Hence the journalists description of her running a Ponzi scheme. There will be further evidence of her financial dealings revealed in follow up pieces, so it will be interesting to see what options women have for recompense. I imagine that sales of her courses has dropped dramatically too. Hitting her in the pocket is where it will have most impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I notice she’s not only ghosted her but she missed a fantastic opportunity for yet another go fund me. She could have set one up for this woman’s legal fees but as there’s nothing in it for her she’s ghosted her instead 🙄🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
She started paying in Feb before things really kicked off, so she wouldn't have known about her dodgy dealings and would have paid in good faith thinking this would be worthwhile.

The fact that she hasn't had any update on the course, which was going to cost thousands, in 9months, is incredible.

Also, I wonder if there us any safeguarding done for people that want to do the course. It will, of course, attract people who have experienced or experiencing DV. Were VF checking to make sure people were in a place to be able to handle the sort of stuff they'd be dealing with on the course?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.