Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sorry for amber heard having such crappy advocates as dr proudman and Jess.

Reactions: 3
I feel sorry for amber heard having such crappy advocates as dr proudman and Jess.
I don't think Jess is even on her radar. Jess made a HUGE thing at VF when she was contacted by Amber's legal team, but it amounted to nothing but a blog post by jess on it.

• Haha
Was thinking if there was any concrete proof amber's legal team contacted her....

Amber's team was comprised of professional, old school type lawyers and experts. It doesn't sound right to me that they'd scrape the bottom of the barrel trying to hustle up a tv dr with no clinical experience

Reactions: 1
Today a psychiatrist I follow on Twitter (who happens to have treatment resistant depression himself) tweeted his concern about a non-clinician misusing the term to spread fear and misinformation. I unfollowed and muted Jessica well over a year ago, because I was fed up of my timeline being clogged up with her pointless petty fights and increasingly dubious takes, so I couldn't see the tweet he was quoting...but just from the description I knew it had to be her. And it was.

This is one of the areas where her habit of posing as a clinician is actively dangerous, because the things she was writing could cause people whose depression has been described as treatment resistant to become despairing. To anyone who has heard their difficulties described in that way:

1. The term 'treatment resistant' means that your depression has not been significantly improved by any of the options that are typically used first (guided self-help, low-intensity cognitive behavioural approaches, medication). It does not mean the professionals think you're never going to improve or feel better.

2. Treatment resistant depression has a well-established link with trauma. One of the first things clinicians should do if those first line treatments don't work is to re-assess your needs and consider whether a longer-term therapy is suitable. For example, there is evidence that acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) can help people with depression who have not benefited from other approaches, which is particularly suitable for people with a trauma history. A small-scale feasibility study suggests that compassion-focused therapy (CFT) might also have potential, but further research is needed there.

3. Psychiatrists know the above. In fact a lot of research into the most effective psychological therapies for people with treatment resistant mental health conditions has been carried out by them, so Jessica's rant that women are being labelled as treatment resistant and offered euthanasia by psychiatrists (!) is once again not grounded in fact. Why would they bother identifying therapeutic interventions that help this group of patients, publish the findings so that other clinicians can know what help to offer, and then turn round and say, "Actually, you're better off dead"?

She is once again trying to position herself as the rescuer and champion of vulnerable people, at the expense of those very same people - by sharing information that is factually untrue and telling them that the people who might be able to help them don't think they can be helped. It's cruel. To anyone in this position: you absolutely can be helped, and please don't be persuaded by Jessica Taylor that no one actually qualified to treat you would be interested in doing so. She has no training in therapy herself, has never worked directly with patients, and her ignorance shows on topics like this.

Was thinking if there was any concrete proof amber's legal team contacted her....

Amber's team was comprised of professional, old school type lawyers and experts. It doesn't sound right to me that they'd scrape the bottom of the barrel trying to hustle up a tv dr with no clinical experience
I very much doubt it was true. If they wanted an expert witness to support their case, why would they look across the Atlantic for one? It's not as if the USA has any shortage of psychologists with an interest in domestic violence and trauma. I suppose it's possible that they stumbled on JT's website and initially mistook her for a serious researcher on the topic, in which case they might have conceivably asked to see her data on victim-blaming, but given the only academic research she's ever done is a small-scale qualitative PhD study in Birmingham, UK, it would hardly have been applicable.

As an aside, do any of the former VF employees know if she has ever applied to a doctorate in clinical psychology or any other practitioner training? I used to think she had never applied because she was too afraid of the high chance of rejection/the scrutiny and push for self-reflection that comes with working under supervision, but the fact that sometimes makes false claims about clinical psychology as a discipline is making me wonder if she tried and failed to get in.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Well tit the bed I found a Jessica Eaton thread. Or Taylor as she is known now. I knew he years and years ago way back just before she started her OU degree in psychology. I had to block her off everything after a while because she is a total narcissist and her private Facebook irritated me so much. Jess is the kind of person who would say they had been the manager of tescos just because something fell off the shelf and she put it back. She lied sooooooo much to me and a bunch of us back then. Back when she self published her first book about her abusive partner: she told different stories to so many of us and then when we read the book we saw different stories again. She makes so much stuff up. When she did her degree she was tit! I mean honestly she didn’t get it at all. Self funded her phd and constantly used to put controversial things on her private Facebook to get people to bite: she was literally one of those people who would tag herself into the hospital and then when people asked what’s up she would say dm me 😂😂 not even lying.

I’ve got 4 threads to catch up on but I see she got what she always wanted… everyone to be talking about her.

also weird what she says about autism and adhd as she told me her kids had that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Scary tit. Lol asking ppo to DM her. That gives insight into how she operates....wanting attention and fame.
The closer she positions herself to celebrity (Amber, Britney, Gloria Steinam..) the better she feels.

Imagine starting a trauma org wanting to get famous from the story of harmed women.

Imagine seeing that as ur pathway to glory.

What hustles was she doing before she became Dr Jess Taylor, trauma guru? Deep down I always felt she doesn't quite fit as a psychologist or trauma informed practitioner, it doesn't suit her and she didn't seem passionate about it, or to really embody it or even care about it.

also weird what she says about autism and adhd as she told me her kids had that!
I remember her saying on Twitter that her son was autistic. It was years ago. She did share a few anecdotes that sounded quite typical of autism, so perhaps she was telling the truth there. Looking back, I wonder if she was scoping out the possibilities of the Autism Warrior Mother Grift a la Jenny McCarthy, but abandoned it as too crowded a field. Styling herself as a hero parent would also have meant casting her son as a main character, and I doubt that would sit well with Jess - if there's one thing I've learnt about her over the years, it's that she considers any moment not spent talking about her own self as a moment wasted.

Reactions: 13
Their social media machinations are not subtle ie sharing the article about Rachel Riley receiving damages.
Hope someone has cc'd them the Daily Mail awfully molly piece.

Social media creates these people but also destroys when the tide turns.

There is a legitimacy conferred by the PhD which seems really problematic imv in allowing someone to attempt to present their opinions on MH as credible against those who have robust & academically selective clinical qualifications.

Reactions: 5
I’m only half way through thread 1 but went back through message groups I was part of with her, and also a private one without her where we would discuss her lies and the different stories she would tell us.
From having a little scan I saw that she messaged saying that when she was little she was so poor she got suspended from school for not having uniform and also NEVER went on a school trip in her life. But then in our private group another person said that Jess told her the opposite. She was so bizarre, we would send each other screen shots of her contradicting herself.
Here is a screen shot someone sent me in 2012 when Jess would constantly put on her Facebook updates and body checking about her diet. She would say stuff like she lost 4st but then tell me she lost 1st. It was just all so bizarre and attention seeking. She would detail her diet and how amazing it was and how successful it was, but then after a few months she went quiet because it was obvious she weighed the same and just had her feet in that weird turned in position to make it look like she lost weight.it was all very… I’m on this diet and I’m so healthy so you should be too…. That’s how it came across, like she was telling everyone how to lose weight and it works so they should too because she likes telling people what to do.

Honestly so weird
5280C8C4-0FAB-4CDB-B6FB-98CAF63C243C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m only half way through thread 1 but went back through message groups I was part of with her, and also a private one without her where we would discuss her lies and the different stories she would tell us.
From having a little scan I saw that she messaged saying that when she was little she was so poor she got suspended from school for not having uniform and also NEVER went on a school trip in her life. But then in our private group another person said that Jess told her the opposite. She was so bizarre, we would send each other screen shots of her contradicting herself.
Here is a screen shot someone sent me in 2012 when Jess would constantly put on her Facebook updates and body checking about her diet. She would say stuff like she lost 4st but then tell me she lost 1st. It was just all so bizarre and attention seeking. She would detail her diet and how amazing it was and how successful it was, but then after a few months she went quiet because it was obvious she weighed the same and just had her feet in that weird turned in position to make it look like she lost weight.it was all very… I’m on this diet and I’m so healthy so you should be too…. That’s how it came across, like she was telling everyone how to lose weight and it works so they should too because she likes telling people what to do.

Honestly so weirdView attachment 1740592
Does anyone else find it weird how much her looks change. She has a different hairstyle every 5mins, but not just that, she has whole new looks all the time. Like she is constantly completely reinventing herself. I've even heard old interviews where her accent is different.

Reactions: 8
Some more screen shots from my old chat group 😂😂 where even as a total newbie to psychology she thought she could just do her own research without any supervision as an undergrad. Even though her grades were not as great as others who would never have dreamed of jumping ahead so much.
293F290C-F054-47A6-A171-D032F940A276.jpeg
A62D0250-0DF9-4E3F-9693-32AA20319F2E.jpeg
A0CE5FAB-E899-4653-B43D-46482262FC04.jpeg
I seem to remember her going ahead and doing it anyway. Hence all the private groups about her, we thought she was dangerous back then 10 years ago. I’ve never met her but I was friendly with her for a good few years.

Reactions: 4
So basically everybody is a potential customer for her....
The lack of logic in that statement is giving me a headache. Even if it were true that everyone is traumatised (they aren't) statistical prevalence is not a measure of what's normal. Data shows that the vast majority of people in Scotland have vitamin D deficiency (just over a third of them severely). Statistically vitamin D deficiency is the norm in Scotland, yes. Does this mean the Scottish government should stop viewing it as a health issue and promoting supplements? The fact that something is prevalent does not mean it stops being abnormal - "normal" in this context refers to ideal state of health.

Secondly, simply experiencing a painful or frightening event =/= trauma. Some people get through such events without experiencing any significant difficulties at all. Others don't. The question of why some survivors of a natural disaster develop debilitating PTSD while others move on relatively smoothly is a fascinating question that deserves far more careful consideration than Jessica is likely to give it. What an insult to those people who are living with debilitating trauma-related problems too - they can see that the vast majority of people aren't suffering the way they are and the blithe insistence that their horrific experience is "normal" won't be the relief Jessica imagines.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Honestly so weirdView attachment 1740592
Is this the same time that she was single-handedly running the court service 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is this the same time that she was single-handedly running the court service 🤔
Yes 😂😂 when she was 21 apparently yet when questioned by people working in the same area her Knowsley was really lacking! We thought at the time it was probably a volunteer role

Sorry knowledge

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.