Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The irony is wearing a jumpsuit to a wedding isn't super edgy or dramatic and if she was doing it just to be edgy that kind of defeats the purpose

I could see her running workshops or retreats if academia doesn't pan out...spaces where ppl pay just to bask in her presence

Reactions: 4
I think its possible to convey complex information much more succinctly. It's so badly written IMO, that many people won't read it and take the content seriously. Unfortunately, I think it's a wasted opportunity. Journalist badly needs an editor who can hone the piece into something much more powerful, articulate and remove all errors.
I'm a writer, although not of this type of stuff. I'm thinking however, as I write for the CPTSD Foundation which has a pretty good reach, I could do a piece on how unethical practice retraumatises survivors and get a bit in on Jess and some links? I'm sure Julian would be happy with a link, but I would want permission from the affected women before driving traffic to them.
Could do a longer (free) Medium piece too, with screenshots. I don't have a platform on there anymore sadly, but everyone could share it and drive engagement. Again, it has to depend on the women themselves. They may well not want anymore articles about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't mind the article
I know of a similar case of a cult leader type Daniel Foor, was exposed in a group letter posted to Medium which was then signed by a large number of affected individuals

Reactions: 2
The irony is wearing a jumpsuit to a wedding isn't super edgy or dramatic and if she was doing it just to be edgy that kind of defeats the purpose

I could see her running workshops or retreats if academia doesn't pan out...spaces where ppl pay just to bask in her presence
That's basically what her courses are now - just listening to her rant on for hours.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I'm a writer, although not of this type of stuff. I'm thinking however, as I write for the CPTSD Foundation which has a pretty good reach, I could do a piece on how unethical practice retraumatises survivors and get a bit in on Jess and some links? I'm sure Julian would be happy with a link, but I would want permission from the affected women before driving traffic to them.
Could do a longer (free) Medium piece too, with screenshots. I don't have a platform on there anymore sadly, but everyone could share it and drive engagement. Again, it has to depend on the women themselves. They may well not want anymore articles about it.
It would be laborious but I feel you've got a great vantage point as U honestly purchased her courses in good faith and have raised important issues with their privacy policies, issues which have wider implications on how we treat consumers seeking trauma support

I think that another piece which summarises the key points is an excellent idea. The more exposure this gets, the better. Using it as an example of unethical practice is a great idea although JT's particular pathology is what is really at play here, IMO.

• Heart
I think there
She doesn't seem to have been on twitter yet today, but on FB posted some predictably self-centred bs about why she wore a jumpsuit for her wedding, and how women should consider it! She just can't see the irony in everything she says and does! She's an individual who doesn't follow trends and so wore a jumpsuit, then tells other women to follow her trend!! She's probably in the process of diversifying into the wedding jumpsuit world...! And incidentally, went on about how she refused to lose weight for her wedding like most women feel the societal pressure to, but only a couple of weeks ago Jaimi posted a picture of herself after weight training to get in shape for the wedding. Interesting....
It's so crass how Jess and Jaimi have been using their wedding pictures to try to distract from the articles. I have no doubt the timing is deliberate.

There's 2 or 3 more articles to go, apparently, and they've only had 2 weddings, what else will they do to try and distract people?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't mind the article
I know of a similar case of a cult leader type Daniel Foor, was exposed in a group letter posted to Medium which was then signed by a large number of affected individuals

What if there was some type of open letter on there, calling on the BPS to act? Signed by survivors and professionals in the field.

Reactions: 13
What if there was some type of open letter on there, calling on the BPS to act? Signed by survivors and professionals in the field.
That's a possibility although I'm unsure what BPS could do. At most, remove her membership which I think would have negligible effect.

Edited to add - an open letter to her publisher's might have more impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Jess was the first lesbian ever to not wear a dress to her wedding. No lesbian ever in history has chosen to wear a suit, tuxedo or trousers. Jess is a trailblazer.

Also no fat woman has ever married without first slimming down to a size 10. Jess was the first woman to not lose weight before her wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Is the article saying the consent process for Carol was dodgy for WWBE or for Jessica's PhD - or both?

If it's the PhD, could it be worth telling the university about it?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That's a possibility although I'm unsure what BPS could do. At most, remove her membership which I think would have negligible effect.

Probably nothing, but it has the effect of alerting others to Jess Taylor and by having the backing of profs shows it isn't a personal attack, also shows wider issues of how toothless the BPS is and how easy it is for grifters like Jess to do what they do.
Alternatively, could aim it at the publishers. Books have been pulled and bits removed for much, much less, but you need there to be enough outrage before they will do it, because it costs them money.
It might be a far shot, but with a push, might be able to get RF and SA story removed.
I'm happy to use my real name on this and get as many writing contacts as I can to have a look. No one I know in the publishing world would be happy with this. It makes us all look like unethical hacks.
The wider ADHD and autism communities can't stand her either. It could get some traction.
As I said though would need permission from women involved. Nothing about them without them. @empowered1 could you help at all with this? Sorry if I've got that wrong, I forget who's posted what on here.

Ha just saw this bit. Great minds and all that 🤣

• Heart
The BPS has shown itself to be pretty much toothless but, an open letter to her key target consumers/facilitators (e.g., research/training commissioners) could be impactful. An open letter to local authorities, police crime commissioners, police research ethics panels, education boards, CAMHS, women's support services, publishers etc...

• Heart
The BPS has shown itself to be pretty much toothless but, an open letter to her key target consumers/facilitators (e.g., research/training commissioners) could be impactful. An open letter to local authorities, police crime commissioners, police research ethics panels, education boards, CAMHS, women's support services, publishers etc...
Anyone know if she's still doing the CAMHS thing? It's my local one, I was going to work on a complaint with some psychologists/therapists I know, but then she didn't mention it again and I haven't seen anything about it locally.

Jess was the first lesbian ever to not wear a dress to her wedding. No lesbian ever in history has chosen to wear a suit, tuxedo or trousers. Jess is a trailblazer.

Also no fat woman has ever married without first slimming down to a size 10. Jess was the first woman to not lose weight before her wedding.
I wish my wife and I were as edgy and trail-blazery, we merely wore suits at our wedding, they weren't even white! We're so boring. Sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Anyone know if she's still doing the CAMHS thing? It's my local one, I was going to work on a complaint with some psychologists/therapists I know, but then she didn't mention it again and I haven't seen anything about it locally.
The problem is it could be a total fabrication. I am aware of a series of tweets JT made about working closely with a police force area to uncover and combat systemic misogyny - all worded very dramatically. In reality, she had had two conversations with one officer (one call and one Zoom) - an officer with no commissioning power whatsoever.

• Wow
She is so desperate for external validation that every minor thing in her life is presented in this way.

Reactions: 6
Queer women have been wearing alternatives to dresses for YEARS. She's nothing special, and she's not doing anything unique or "against the status quo". I think she thinks she's the only bleeping lesbian in the world at this point. Or the most "lesbian" of lesbians.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.