Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RE: the abuse, Jess was drinking heavily as a teenager and got herself in with the wrong crowd. Did grown men take advantage of this? Probably. Is that wrong? Yes. But Jess claims she was a victim of sex trafficking, and I think that description is wrong. She wants people to think she was kidnapped and pimped around England with no means to escape. She wasn’t.

She did what a lot of teenage girls do and some disgusting men probably took advantage of her (was it the odd 19 year old or was it a stream of 45 year old blokes? Jess wants people to picture the latter.) It’s wrong but this story is no different to what lots of women have been through, however Jess has to be different and so her story is one of pimping and rape and sex trafficking. If she told the truth about her teenage years and what she actually experienced I’m sure lots of women could offer solidarity considering many probably have been through the same. She has to stand out though, and so her story is that something outrageous happened and it was much worse for her than anyone else (and she took the opportunity during her pimping and trafficking to attend her GCSEs and get 16 B+ grades.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She's been blocking people who have liked the Twitter thread I posted, so she has definitely seen my complaints but hasn't responded (or blocked me which is weird). By law she has to respond to my request to delete my data etc. It is the weekend so I guess I'll wait and see if I get a response tomorrow. I'm not sure what she can possibly say to exonerate herself to be honest.
That expensive Train the Trainer course she advertises as Advanced CPD Accredited I can't find listed as accredited by any provider anywhere. She's going to owe a lot of money in potential refunds if this is the case.
Regarding her new 'trauma guidelines' and all these flashcard packs she's bringing out on everything from psychological theories to self esteem to understanding trauma responses, I would be willing to bet they all contain content taken directly from people taking her courses. She's outright stating on them that any answers can be used in her 'research.' It's all just a massive grift.
As a professional in any field its horrifying. As a survivor, its heartbreaking.

Reactions: 10
How horrifying and it almost feels dirty, so sorry for Ur experience with her.

Re reply, just my guess that she might string it out? She'll probably claim busy or feign crises, as I think they have 30 days to respond.

I do hope she responds quickly!!

And also, what does all the blocking achieve? On twitter it's rather useless. People can still say what they like and she can't see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
RE: the abuse, Jess was drinking heavily as a teenager and got herself in with the wrong crowd. Did grown men take advantage of this? Probably. Is that wrong? Yes. But Jess claims she was a victim of sex trafficking, and I think that description is wrong. She wants people to think she was kidnapped and pimped around England with no means to escape. She wasn’t.

She did what a lot of teenage girls do and some disgusting men probably took advantage of her (was it the odd 19 year old or was it a stream of 45 year old blokes? Jess wants people to picture the latter.) It’s wrong but this story is no different to what lots of women have been through, however Jess has to be different and so her story is one of pimping and rape and sex trafficking. If she told the truth about her teenage years and what she actually experienced I’m sure lots of women could offer solidarity considering many probably went through the same. She has to stand out though, and so her story is that something outrageous happened and it was much worse for her than anyone else (and she took the opportunity during her pimping and trafficking to attend her GCSEs and get 16 B+ grades.)
I detest what's she's doing professionally, but I'm not comfortable with this pulling apart of her past. We don't know what happened to her and some of these discussions smack of victim blaming in themselves. Getting her GCSEs doesn't disqualify her from being trafficked. I was pimped and trafficked, in the very violent stereotypical way people think of, while at university and I still eventually managed to qualify. I was later abused and trafficked again in a horribly violent relationship while working in a professional field. I've experienced the 'you couldn't have been, you managed to get an education' stuff countless times, including from professionals.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I detest what's she's doing professionally, but I'm not comfortable with this pulling apart of her past. We don't know what happened to her and some of these discussions smack of victim blaming in themselves. Getting her GCSEs doesn't disqualify her from being trafficked. I was pimped and trafficked, in the very violent stereotypical way people think of, while at university and I still eventually managed to qualify. I was later abused and trafficked again in a horribly violent relationship while working in a professional field. I've experienced the 'you couldn't have been, you managed to get an education' stuff countless times, including from professionals.
This is Jess though, you tell the truth but Jess lies and embellishes every aspect of her life and has done for decades.

Reactions: 5

Re reply, just my guess that she might string it out? She'll probably claim busy or feign crises, as I think they have 30 days to respond.

And also, what does all the blocking achieve? On twitter it's rather useless. People can still say what they like and she can't see it.
I have to give her 30 days before I report to the ICO, but not BPS or the Insolvency Service so I've done that already. Hoping il get a quick response from the CPD Service to clarify her accreditation status. Although to be honest even if they do turn out to be accredited I would never list her courses on my CV now anyway. Victim Focus is a sham.

Reactions: 3

She cant control the narrative on twitter, so I'm guessing out of sight out of mind? If she cant see it, she doesnt have to say anything and continue with the "everyones just jealous of me, its all a massive smear campaign".

This is Jess though, you tell the truth but Jess lies and embellishes every aspect of her life and has done for decades.
There are survivors reading this though who could find those accusations - well founded as they might be - quite triggering?
She cant control the narrative on twitter, so I'm guessing out of sight out of mind? If she cant see it, she doesnt have to say anything and continue with the "everyones just jealous of me, its all a massive smear campaign".
I honestly don't get what it is she thinks everyone is so jealous of? Especially when she accused Bindel of being jealous, that was hilarious.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There are survivors reading this though who could find those accusations - well founded as they might be - quite triggering?

I honestly don't get what it is she thinks everyone is so jealous of? Especially when she accused Bindel of being jealous, that was hilarious.
She has narcissistic traits and their egos are ridiculous.

Reactions: 1
Like many others, whilst I can’t lay claim to knowing whether her experiences happened or did not and so can’t comment on that, what I do find deplorable is how her attitude towards SA/CSA/DV/trauma etc is, in her eyes, ‘gold standard’ and should be seen by everyone as such. Many psychologists/researchers/scientists etc have opinions, theories and views but even in some way realise that theirs is not the only idea or explanation (for example). Whereas with JT it seems her way or no way is the answer.

As someone who has experienced DV and still suffers PTSD and trauma from it, I do not find her approaches helpful. And this isn’t just because of my personal opinion on her and how she conducts herself professionally either. Even back when I was ‘a fan’ I found her approach hard to get on board with and found more often than not I was being re-traumatised in some way because of it.

To push and demand that her ideas and views are gold standard in a field that is filled with variety and depth and consistent change is gross. And the fact she can’t see (or at the very least admit) how her attitude and approach can be harmful is abhorrent and frankly disappointing.

I’ve recently seen that I’ve been blocked on Twitter by RoseEmpower and I’m not sure why 🥺 maybe it was because for a while I stayed following JT to keep up to date on what was going on? I’ve never personally interacted with her and seen as we are ‘on the same side’ (so to speak) I’m not entirely sure what I have done.
She tweeted she was blocking all her followers who were JT followers but I can’t now find the tweet maybe it was deleted.

I'm also uncomfortable with disputing someone's account of experiencing abuse, especially considering what has happened historically, combined with the fact that it is unfortunately extremely common.

What I will say though is that experiencing CSA covers a multitude of types of abuse and earlier onset, number and types of abuse and number of perpetrators etc, obviously exacerbates the impact. As far as I know, Jess has talked about being victimised by 1 man, as a teenager. She cannot know what it's like to have been abused as a young child by multiple people and the devastating impact of such violations. Claiming to speak on behalf of all victims is overstepping the mark in a number of ways.

Jess is clearly limited in her understanding as evidenced by her saying that flashbacks are just ordinary memories. If she had ever experienced them she'd know that simply isn't the case. There's also a vast literature to back this up. Similarly, as others have said, the types of intrusive and highly inappropriate questions she asks survivors on her "training courses", are the antithesis of trauma-informed. Stating on her website that she covers the funny aspects of CSA is frankly bleeping offensive.
But she does claim to have been abused by many men in her town. I do not believe her. She also visited to have turned to prostitution when her bank manager offered her money for sex. Liars can and will lie about anything.

Reactions: 1
I find it increasingly difficult to believe she was abused now, solely due to how she treats other survivors. I just can’t get my head around someone being abused themselves then treating SA the way Jess did, the things they said about her in that group chat, and now in addition to that, using people signing up for her courses as a data mine for more unethical research. If she was abused then she displays a startling and worrying lack of empathy towards others IMO.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I find it increasingly difficult to believe she was abused now, solely due to how she treats other survivors. I just can’t get my head around someone being abused themselves then treating SA the way Jess did, the things they said about her in that group chat, and now in addition to that, using people signing up for her courses as a data mine for more unethical research. If she was abused then she displays a startling and worrying lack of empathy towards others IMO.
This is the worst thing about her. There's many grifters out there, but she must be the only one who claims to be an abuse survivor whose whole career is built around championing others, but who business practices actually target them for further exploitation. Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I get what you're saying about feeling uncomfortable about not believing her abuse, but when you lie and exaggerate every other aspect of your life then everything will be in doubt. But the way she has treated other survivors is also likely to increase that doubt. I mean, to tell Rachel Williams she had 'limited understanding of trauma' was really the end for me...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's the lowest dreg.

Unfortunately therr are a few ppl who use phrases like trauma informed, etc to harm
And position themselves as champions of women while actually being awful to survivors beyond closed doors. I don't even know what I think any more about the notion of trauma informed practise. Is it realistic? Meaningful ? Is a person who claims to be trauma-informed more likely to actually present an embodied, sensitive response to disclosure?

She's used trauma-informed as branding. It can't be regulated or assessed and covers her when she does awful tit.
It makes ppl less likely to suspect her.

I get what you're saying about feeling uncomfortable about not believing her abuse, but when you lie and exaggerate every other aspect of your life then everything will be in doubt. But the way she has treated other survivors is also likely to increase that doubt. I mean, to tell Rachel Williams she had 'limited understanding of trauma' was really the end for me...
She was trying to paint herself as a victim because of being trolled.

But to have no awareness of the trauma that Rachel had loved through and sensitivity is off. A lot of her posts have no real empathy, she'll share a tragic story if it suits her narrative but she does t really care about the victims she uses as fodder.

• Sad
Yeah her comments to Rachel blew my mind. She compared being criticised online to being shot and then losing her son. She's beyond belief.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.