Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lack of self awareness is outstanding.

Suggesting any questions are “harrassment” suggests classic DARVO tactics

• Heart
Reactions: 8
‘Harassment’
But this is an outright lie. Anyone reading the terms and conditions can see that. It clearly states 'research and advertising.' And you only see them AFTER purchasing and can't opt out.

Maybe she'll panic and change them. To be honest, that would be a very good outcome, although I still wouldn't trust her with anyone's data.

How are my emails to her harassment? This is exactly why I've posted everything. Jess, if you're reading this, please do send the police round, because I've got quite a lot to say!

Reactions: 11
I think that she thinks people believe anything she says to the point that she can tell you something that you're reading, actually says something else.

The terms clearly state research and advertising.

She'll twist it in someway or find someone to blame for what it says. The problem is too many people will just believe her without bothering to check the screenshots of what it actually says.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So no one can ever question or raise concerns with any aspect of Jess’s work or VF because that’s harassment?

Interesting.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
RE: the abuse, Jess was drinking heavily as a teenager and got herself in with the wrong crowd. Did grown men take advantage of this? Probably. Is that wrong? Yes. But Jess claims she was a victim of sex trafficking, and I think that description is wrong. She wants people to think she was kidnapped and pimped around England with no means to escape. She wasn’t.

She did what a lot of teenage girls do and some disgusting men probably took advantage of her (was it the odd 19 year old or was it a stream of 45 year old blokes? Jess wants people to picture the latter.) It’s wrong but this story is no different to what lots of women have been through, however Jess has to be different and so her story is one of pimping and rape and sex trafficking. If she told the truth about her teenage years and what she actually experienced I’m sure lots of women could offer solidarity considering many probably have been through the same. She has to stand out though, and so her story is that something outrageous happened and it was much worse for her than anyone else (and she took the opportunity during her pimping and trafficking to attend her GCSEs and get 16 B+ grades.)
Exactly this @littlesunflower! You’ve just articulated what I was trying to say but you’ve done a way better job than me.

I’ll be honest, as much as I believe she lies about a lot of things, I’m uncomfortable with us starting to attack the legitimacy of her claims of abuse suffered when she was a teenager. I think it could make others feel they wouldn’t be believed.

What I will say is, my experiences of being a teenager that developed early, and then a grown woman in this world, has been littered with men feeling they have the right to touch me, shout sexual remarks, force themselves on me and generally fail to understand the meaning of the word “no”. I think most woman would have the same experience. The sad truth is this is part of being a woman - it shouldn’t be, but this is why the feminist movement is needed. Now the difference is I haven’t made a career of talking about it or suggesting that I’m different from everyone else, that my experiences have been “worse” than yours. And that’s the issue here - not whether or not what she says about teenage abuse is true (because on the balance of probabilities it probably is) - that she invites people hero worshipping her like her experiences have been worse, her journey to success harder, and her “success” unachievable for the rest of us. And then if anyone dares to hint at the kind of thing I just said, they’re called “jealous”.
@littlesunflower this is what I said but you said it better.

I detest what's she's doing professionally, but I'm not comfortable with this pulling apart of her past. We don't know what happened to her and some of these discussions smack of victim blaming in themselves. Getting her GCSEs doesn't disqualify her from being trafficked. I was pimped and trafficked, in the very violent stereotypical way people think of, while at university and I still eventually managed to qualify. I was later abused and trafficked again in a horribly violent relationship while working in a professional field. I've experienced the 'you couldn't have been, you managed to get an education' stuff countless times, including from professionals.
I’m so sorry you went through this. You are inspiring for coming through all of this and qualifying too ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What a warped view of themselves those two have. Trying to compare with Malala and Beyoncé yet the other week commenting that the Daily Mail wouldn’t pick up the story about Jess - she’s not important enough.

Also, I feel like blocking the lady raising the (legitimate) data concerns about the VF courses goes to show you what kind of person Jess really is. If that were me, I would just reply and explain if it’s not true - and make sure it’s in response to the thread, so that anyone else worried can see it. These are paying customers after all, does she not care what people think of her courses? Why the immediate blocking of someone asking the question and ignoring the issue if it’s a misunderstanding that she can put right? She is a very strange, rude, arrogant woman, success or no success.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What a warped view of themselves those two have. Trying to compare with Malala and Beyoncé yet the other week commenting that the Daily Mail wouldn’t pick up the story about Jess - she’s not important enough.

Also, I feel like blocking the lady raising the (legitimate) data concerns about the VF courses goes to show you what kind of person Jess really is. If that were me, I would just reply and explain if it’s not true - and make sure it’s in response to the thread, so that anyone else worried can see it. These are paying customers after all, does she not care what people think of her courses? Why the immediate blocking of someone asking the question and ignoring the issue if it’s a misunderstanding that she can put right? She is a very strange, rude, arrogant woman, success or no success.
Exactly. Show the accreditation if there's been say a mistake on the CPD Service end. Reassure about the terms and conditions, reword them and put an opt out clause. Probably an hour of her time at most. I think it's her reactions more than anything else that shows how sinister it all is.
I really want my data back. I logged in to look at the course on there I've actually completed and it allows me to view but not delete my answers. Here's some of the questions I've answered

Exactly. Show the accreditation if there's been say a mistake on the CPD Service end. Reassure about the terms and conditions, reword them and put an opt out clause. Probably an hour of her time at most. I think it's her reactions more than anything else that shows how sinister it all is.
I really want my data back. I logged in to look at the course on there I've actually completed and it allows me to view but not delete my answers. Here's some of the questions I've answered
So she's got examples of others stories and my own trauma experiences, which can be used anytime she likes in her own research and I can't delete them or opt out?
I'm really starting to feel quite distressed by this now. Legally she has to delete my data if I ask her, but how do I enforce that?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Erm…

then names Malala, Greta Thunberg and Beyoncé amongst others.
Oh dear. Jaimi, I'm sorry but your wife IS a fraud.
You must know this, deep down really, surely?

Jess isn't being accused of lying because people are out to get her, or because of misogyny or jealousy or any of the other supposed reasons.

It's simply because she's a liar. She lies and lies and lies, and everyone sees through it eventually as the inconsistencies become so glaringly obvious.

You're several years in, though, how are you dealing with the constant and changing lies?

Are you aware that you've changed your tune about Sally Ann, just as Jess has done. You do KNOW it's lies, right? Or are you deluding yourself?

She gets you collude with her lies so often. Are you even aware you're doing it?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Exactly this @littlesunflower! You’ve just articulated what I was trying to say but you’ve done a way better job than me.
You articulated it just as well 🤗

We need to remember Jess embellishes everything, and her teenage years are no different. A neighbour apparently said he’d shoot her dog = she was threatened with a gun. She gave a guest talk to students = she was a lecturer at a university. She willingly got into an older mans car when she was young and drunk = she was trafficked and pimped.

I don’t think there’s any risk of real victims not being believed by calling out Jess. It’s fairly obvious she is not an honest person, and 99.9% of women who claim to have suffered abuse/exploitation are telling the truth. Jess is doing them a disservice and if anyone should be blamed for them not being believed it should be her because she has lied so much.

My close group of friends have followed Jess for YEARS. There is nothing she hasn’t lied about. She claimed to be allergic to dairy, chocolate and caffeine but would eat all three. She claimed to have cervical cancer, a dangerous breast lump, a mini stroke, heart arrhythmias and permanent musculoskeletal issues. On the balance of probability would all these conditions affect one individual by their mid 20s? Someone who also found a rare Tahitian pearl? Someone who apparently was drugged on holiday by hotel staff in Mexico/Cuba? Someone whose son can only see the colour blue? Someone who is gifted enough to write 32k words a day and not need them proofread?

There is even a tweet of her exclaming she sleeps more than ANYONE else, she sleeps for 10-12 HOURS! No one on the planet could EVER sleep as much as she can!

Even when she claimed not to drink alcohol, it wasn’t just “I don’t drink” it was “absolutely NO ONE can fathom that we do not consume that POISON! Everyone keels over in shock when I exclaim I am teetotal!”

Obviously now that’s not the case, instead she has the most EXPENSIVE and varied alcohol collection, more alcohol than you!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes the interactive one is the one I took. Here's some of the questions

Write about the grooming tactics that were used against you.

What did I think feel and do when the abuse was happening to me?

Are there any life events that have triggered you?

Write about your own experiences of victim blaming?

Write a letter to the younger version of yourself.

How has sexual trauma impacted your sex life?

Write about the intimate contact you do and do not enjoy.

Write about your own personal opinions of the term survivor or victim.

I'm a senior researcher and my work is on VAWG, and I would never ask my research participants, or anyone else for that matter, to answer such questions in a virtual environment. Doing so would run afoul of BPS ethics guidelines for internet-mediated research, as well as my own personal standards for what constitutes ethical research. That participants are answering questions like the ones above in an online environment opens up considerable issues -- Is the participant over the minimum age required to give informed consent? And given the lack of control in an online environment over the research process with regard to minimising harm to research participants, will participants partaking in her course be adequately protected? On these issues, the BPS has offered guidance and state that this type of research should not be done online; See page 18: https://cms.bps.org.uk/sites/default/files/2022-06/Ethics Guidelines for Internet-mediated Research_0.pdf.

I hope one of the people who have registered for the interactive module takes these issues up with the BPS.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fully agree. Clinical and research here. Here is Jessica implying she works directly/clinically with clients. Again.

I'm a senior researcher and my work is on VAWG, and I would never ask my research participants, or anyone else for that matter, to answer such questions in a virtual environment. Doing so would run afoul of BPS ethics guidelines for internet-mediated research, as well as my own personal standards for what constitutes ethical research. That participants are answering questions like the ones above in an online environment opens up considerable issues -- Is the participant over the minimum age required to give informed consent? And given the lack of control in an online environment over the research process with regard to minimising harm to research participants, will participants partaking in her course be adequately protected? On these issues, the BPS has offered guidance and state that this type of research should not be done online; See page 18: https://cms.bps.org.uk/sites/default/files/2022-06/Ethics Guidelines for Internet-mediated Research_0.pdf.

I hope one of the people who have registered for the interactive module takes these issues up with the BPS.

Attachments

• Sick

Rather than respond appropriately to the legitimate concerns that are being raised about data collection on her website, she rebuffs it with this:

Screenshot_20221030-214235_Chrome~2.jpg

She is utterly incapable of taking any responsibility. It's all jealousy and harassment in Jess's deluded world.

Reactions: 7

So she's got examples of others stories and my own trauma experiences, which can be used anytime she likes in her own research and I can't delete them or opt out?
I'm really starting to feel quite distressed by this now. Legally she has to delete my data if I ask her, but how do I enforce that?
Also, let's recall how she took her kids out of school on a whim, pontificated about being a more involved concerned parent in doing so, then shoved them back in when the novelty wore off, and now doesn't even have them living with her.

Reactions: 7
Fully agree. Clinical and research here. Here is Jessica implying she works directly/clinically with clients. Again.
Other things she can simultaneously be:

A survivor of abuse AND a perpetrator of abuse
A survivor of abuse AND someone that can't speak for all other survivors
A PhD in psychology AND not qualified for clinical practice
An academic AND a grifter
A woman AND a potential predator
A lesbian AND subject to valid criticism that isn't based on homophobia

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Other things she can simultaneously be:

A survivor of abuse AND a perpetrator of abuse
A survivor of abuse AND someone that can't speak for all other survivors
A PhD in psychology AND not qualified for clinical practice
An academic AND a grifter
A woman AND a potential predator
A lesbian AND subject to valid criticism that isn't based on homophobia
She's not even a lesbian. Bisexual at most.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.