Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Screaming, crying, throwing up 🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹 didn’t take long at all! Just in time for my birthday 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

2F52FCA0-3D79-4B3E-92DB-9D0F267B22E3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Notorious PIG

I LOVE the LV neverfull for a practical day to day tote if I’m feeling fancy 😂…I also agree that aspinal is classic and clean….i think they’re just quite classy bags generally :)…albeit a bit more on the boring side ☺….my dream bag would actually be the classic Chanel but apparently the quality isn’t there anymore?
I bought a light pink Chanel lambskin flap bag from an auction house in my city last year (or year before, I can’t remember) and I think I worked it out that it’s from 1997. I’ve personally nothing to compare it to because it’s my first (and most likely last, sadly) Chanel bag. But the hardware is perfect, bright, deep gold, nice color, solid. One can just see and feel the quality is so good.

From what I have read, customers of current bags are saying that the hardware is nowhere near as good, and that the cheaping out is obvious.

Can’t remember if I posted it here before, but here she is in all her glory.

1712562656894.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24

bananabutter

VIP Member
Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little vent😢 it’s my birthday and I’ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and I’ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

I’m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said “I’m not sure you’d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist you”

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said “ok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right direction” and he just rolled his eyes and said “I suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait here”

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, I’ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like it’s put such a downer on my day ☹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasn’t the sort of “wealthy customer” he was used to so I wasn’t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time I’m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer 👎🏻

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
My mum surprised me with a belated birthday gift last night! The Rolex was my actual birthday gift, this is just for good behaviour 😉 I can’t stop staring, the diamonds are sooo shiny 😭🥰

IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5875.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Dizzy

VIP Member
So, apologies for the suspense - real life demands and all that.....

Anyway!

So the bag was en route via Evri and then I had a message from her on Tuesday afternoon to say that it had been returned as Evri and Vinted were having problems with their labels. This is completely true, I'd had a separate message from Vinted to say the same. So she said she'd have to refund me and then she'd send the bag to me again using Royal Mail. I wasn't completely sure of the procedure so she sent me instructions screenshot from Vinted which said I had to start the refund process by going through a series of steps. Gotta say, it was pretty complicated, for exampe, you have to high the button to say you've received the parcel to then get to an option to say that the parcel hasn't reached you - what?!

The final step of this process was to hit a button requesting a refund which she said she'd then accept and we could start again. All well and good until dickhead here hit THE WRONG BUTTON and instead of requesting a refund, released the effin' funds to her!! So, at this point she had the bag and my money! :eek: I messaged Vinted, explaining that I'd released the funds to her in error and they, quite understandably, said tough shit, the funds are out of our control now, that's your problem. I messaged her again hoping that she would do the right thing and still send the bag. Silence. I spent a couple of hours getting my head around the fact that I'd lost £400 and the bag and that it was all entirely my fault. I then checked her profile again and could see that she'd been blocked by Vinted. Utter confusion reigned. Then at about 9pm I had another email from Vinted saying that they had investigated and blocked her account as they suspected fraudulent activity and that they would be refunding me in full! Which they did! JESUS EFFING CHRIST!! Talk about rollercoaster! Part of me feels really bad because I don't think she did anything wrong - it was completely my error in that I hit the wrong button releasing the funds to her - but then maybe Vinted know something I don't? 🤷‍♀️ Regardless, I think I may be over buying designer things from private sellers 😂 and for my next bag purchase I'm just gonna buy direct from Loewe! 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Pinhead Larry

Chatty Member
This weekends purchase 😍 I’ve wanted a Goyard for a while now, I was torn between this and a vintage Chanel flap, but decided Chanel can be a next year purchase as a 30th gift to myself 😅
IMG_9569.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
@alwaysdreaming thank you ♥ honestly when I talked to the lady at harrods she said it depends on how many people want the same watch, but in essence women’s watches are easier to get, and typically the datejusts come in quicker 🙂 which watch are you looking at?

Oh I won’t wear it in London, the risk is way too high nowadays ☹ will definitely get insured!

@Grizzlybear it’s 31mm, apologies about the poor picture yesterday, I was too excited to get home and didn’t take any proper pictures 🤣 here are some I took today! (Side note - do we like the watch alone, or with my tennis bracelet or VCA?) 🥰

im trying to capture the iridescence of the mother of Pearl dial but it’s so hard, it really glistens in real life!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Notorious PIG

Yes it is! It’s the 19. I got it in (about) 2004 when my gran gave me some money. She won about £2.5k on the lottery. I bought it in Selfridges in Manchester and thought I was the bees knees. I was 20ish at the time and felt so snazzy. It was only about £250 from memory. It’s the one thing (aside from my dog) that I would snatch if the house was on fire 💖
I’m so envious! I have the papillon 26 (I bought it about a year and a half ago and was the first used bag I’ve ever bought). I love it but the 19 is particularly adorable. The 19 is actually very rare on the resale market, it somewhat of unicorn bag, so you chose very well!

Here’s my 26 and some other bits on my tea cart. I used it a couple of days ago and attached a crossbody strap from one of the other bags.

IMG_2090.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17

LifeOfMog

VIP Member
I can't find my original post but guys I'm over the moon !!

My Marc Jacobs Tote Bag really faded in less than 6 months of use - I was very careful with it and made sure not to bring her out in direct sunlight too!
I today got an email saying they will happily replace my bag free of charge 😭 Will be shopping there for the foreseeable 🤍🤍🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 15

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
I have to say, I always take such a petty glee in FF Vintage prices. I got given a special edition LV bag for my 16th and it was £650 - a girl at school kept telling me how stupid I was for spending that on a bag rather than something like a camera.
It’s now selling for nearly 8k on FF - wonder how that 15 year old camera is holding up?? 😂😂😂

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
😳 the ones you had to pay the extra £75 for?! What are you going to do?!
Yep! 🙄 I’ve opened a dispute with eBay/the seller and will also be claiming the £75 back as I’ll be returning them. The seller was really cheeky and included an Amex transaction receipt (although not the actual Hermes receipt) as ‘proof’ of their authenticity but it’s clearly not from the purchase of this pair of sandals.

I’ll hand it to her - they’re good copies but the box and dust bags were dead give aways and when I started to compare the sandals themselves it was obvious.

Be aware peeps 👀

• Sad
  • Wow

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Preowned is fair game in my opinion. Bit of a stretch to say someone is supporting nonc*s for considering buying a preowned Balenciaga. Probably predates Demna too.
100%, buying a bag that predates demnas time at the brand does not support balenciagas bottom line. Furthermore, if you really care about alleged ponces in the industry, we should all cease buying any kering brands, not just balenciaga as they are complicit by keeping him and anything u buy from gucci, bottega, ysl is probably helping to fund him and anybody else who was part of putting that gross shoot together.

The whole fashion industry is corrupt and full of pervs, miscreants, wronguns etc. So many underage girls being taken advantage of all for the sake of modelling for some pervy photographers. Coco chanel was a known nazi supporter and donor but her brand remains one of the most successful in the world. I wish people would be consistent with their outrage

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Need opinions...

I came across a Balenciaga City in perfect condition in a Cash Converters of all places. Very similar to this Neo Cagole, same crinkled leather. I don't like the Cagole as much as the original City, a bit too many studs and I don't like the strap. Anyway the City was £580. Would you go for it?

I already have the Neo Classic but I still love the OG City. Most of the preloved ones I see are a bit knackered now though. Trying to weigh up if two very similar bags (same size and colour) is ridiculous or not...
Do not buy anything Balenciaga, can't be supporting nonce's

• Heart
Reactions: 14