Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I’m in Portugal and think I’m going to get the Van Cleef Alhambra Vintage Necklace in black onyx. With the tax refund it’s £350 less than UK price!
I got the Sweet Alhambra necklace in the end in MOP. I wanted something for daily use and this is more delicate. Think I saved about £200 on the UK price too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Laughalong

VIP Member
Lol my boyfriend keeps saying to me “Are you sure you want a Van Cleef for Xmas cos it’ll delay me proposing for — months” ok so when are we getting it ??? I don’t think he realises that’s a perfectly fine trade off

• Haha
Is anyone investing in the Vestiaire crowd fund? This round of investment puts their val at 1.2bil EUR, they’re looking to raise 1.0mil EUR from customers. I’m not sure how I feel about it, allegedly they’re close to profitability so it doesn’t feel like a dire straights thing, will research more now but have signed up for access regardless of decision lol.
In this economy I would not invest in a "near" profitable company that is crowdfunding

Meg78

VIP Member
Hmmm I think it’s the ego that I struggle with, but that goes across all fake, dupe and auth, if someone carries with modesty or happiness then I’m happy for them, if they’re using their accessory as a social weapon to pull themselves up and you down, I’m not ok with it regardless of origin.

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I’m nearly priced out now tbf. It used to be ok to splurge, but now it’s just too much. I’ve got a few classics ( birkin, Kelly and a couple of Chanel’s) but I bought them before the price hikes- after saving up. I couldn’t do that anymore, the price hikes have made it impossible to save as quickly and I’d just feel ripped off rather than excited/proud.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Hi enablers

Hope we’re all well.
So my bad luck with counterfeit sandals continues. Not designer this time but I ordered a pair of Havaianas from Amazon - they arrived and were clearly fake, but I was kinda ok I’m not massively surprised as it’s Amazon. So I returned them and ordered a pair from Sole Trader. They arrived and they’re also bloody fake! I’m pretty shocked and it makes me think that if the Havaianas are fake then what else they sell is also knocked off!

• Wow
Wow, didn’t he literally just acquire it? Is this another Philip green situ? He’s going to strip the assets? That’s so sad ☹
He just wants to grow his market share, that’s his business’ game which is why he’s constantly beefing with the CMA (competitions market authority). He has never retained the DNA of any of his acquisitions - they all end up just schilling Canada Goose and Louboutin in the end. Matches will cease to exist as we know it for sure. Best case we’ll get a stock clearance sale for existing stock to clear the way for total gack gremlin clobber x

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m going to London soon, hoping to get the Goyard mini Anjou bag in green, but does it look cheap? I’ve heard people say it’s flimsy :( should I just save myself the hassle and just get the Chanel ballet flats? Also I’m going midday so won’t be able to queue in the morning for the goyard so no idea if they’ll still have it when I get there!
Get the flats. No offence to anybody who likes the GOyard bags but imo they do look cheap and plastic even if they're not

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Just back from holiday in Europe and I've realised I've inadvertently bought a dupe of one of these!

Women's Monogram Wool Cashmere Scarf | TOTEME | 24S

Completely unintentional on my part, I just liked the colours (mine is cream and black) and it was a gorgeous cashmere/wool mix so paid my 30euro and put it in my case. It was only when I got home and looked at it properly that I realised the pattern is actually the Toteme logo! Feel a bit skanky having a fake but hell, it's a beautiful scarf so in true hypocritical fashion, I shall be keeping it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
Has anyone started sale shopping yet?
Harvey Nichols was up to 50% off last night, so treated myself to a pair of Stuart Weitzman pumps (£100 cheaper than a Russell & Bromley equivalent!) a Weekend MaxMara coat (which looks like it’s proper MM) and the a pair of Jimmy Choo boots as a gift. First time since pre-Covid that I’ve been so impressed with them.
(Also in the middle of returning a pair of row sneakers to MyTheresa, so the purchases work out as free 😊 #girlmath)

• Heart
Even more unpopular opinion: spend your cash on a bag that’s just for you (probably a crossbody, as you really need all hands free when you are a mum!) and get a sturdy rucksack for baby stuff. Again hands free, and also you and your partner can both just take it without having to decant baby stuff from a designer tote into a bag that he deems manly enough to take when he’s with the baby! 🤣
Edit: posted at same time as HTRIA re backpacks!
Couldn’t agree more tbh! I think we both said the same about laptop bags too 🫣 I used the same bag I’d use to commute with a laptop (just a fjallraven) throughout mat leave & even now.

Something to consider with whites etc are the locations you’re going to spend the next year in - hospitals, church halls, community centres, coffee shops, etc. These aren’t the cleanest of places, just look at the bottom of your socks after a play group 🤢 and you wouldn’t ever choose to take a stark white bag into that environment!

Agreed re cross body bag. Also remember that as their “need” pile diminishes their “want” pile increases so you swap nappies, wipes, and a portable mat for 2-3 teddies that had to come out with you. It’s such a massive switch in lifestyle that I’d honestly suggest waiting until you feel a bit more settled in and find ur mum feet before committing to a bag, especially if it’s a treat.

• Heart

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
So, the Uggs are out for delivery and the seller has now been blocked by vinted so I’m 99.99% sure they’re fake 🙈 (FML, I’m never buying anything other than high street on there ever again 🙄) I’m not an Ugg expert - is there anywhere you could recommend for me to use to do an authenticity check other than YouTube etc? I’m not near an Ugg shop to take them in.
I would not buy second hand uggs. The beauty of them is how the mould to your feet and getting them second hand ain't it. Imo uggs are too cheap to warrant authentication (most styles are less than 200 pounds). Just buy them new from and authenticated retailer when they have a discount or sale and if you don't like them just send them back. If buying new from ebay or somewhere else, make sure the seller has a receipt etc to show they are real

Dizzy

VIP Member
I've used Zalando in the past and it was fine. Would use again if I couldn't find what I wanted on a UK site.

My ongoing intensely boring discussion with myself about what bag to buy has reached a pause. Hallelujah! I couldn't decide which to go for and nothing was singing to me enough to warrant dropping nearly £2k on it so instead I've bought a little pre-loved classic black Fendi Baguette which will scratch that itch for now. Coming via a Japanese eBay seller at a great price so will share deets if all good when she arrives.

• Heart

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
My Black Friday Ganni cardigan arrived.. it took so long I was getting annoyed & hoped I wouldn’t like it so I could just return it and get my €200 back but it’s bloody gorgeous 😭 I’m already looking at the other colours.

It’s so thick and holds such a nice shape, it’s the perfect amount of slouchiness while still giving you a shape. I got it quite oversized as I just want to wear it open with a plain tshirt or vest top but I think it would look nice more fitted too.

ATV2021

VIP Member
I’m surprised by the attitudes on here. Why would you care so much if anybody is wearing a fake or a dupe or whatever they want to call it. It says more about you as a person than them.
I have owned fakes. I still own dupes. It's more about when people try to put you down for owning the real thing, which is bizarre, and making it some odd competition. Spend your money how you want.

Plus the way they're made/what they fund etc in the fake world.

• Heart
Girls. Need some advice.

So I’ve never had a pair of heels that cost over £20 lol genuinely, because I just haven’t seen value in spending on shoes. I cannot, and mean cannot walk in heels. I’ve ALWAYS worn chunky block heels or mules. Mainly from Primark actually 🤣 the irony of going to Sexy Fish in my Shein heels the other week and I normally wear Primark perspex mules with a large YSL Sac De Jour haha. The most I ever do is 3 inches, and it has to be block. Even if I won the lottery tonight I couldn’t fill my wardrobe with Loubs and the YSL heels (I would, for display hahaha)

So my boyfriend wants to buy me my first designer pair, and I finally want some too. I’ve seen these. I’m fairly sure I could just learn, and would only really ever wear them to restaurants where I’m getting out the car outside lol. So I’ve settled on these which I’ve seen in store and love, yet to properly try on. Maybe I need something more supportive like the Dior slingbacks or Chanel block heel pumps? My question is are

- Is Louboutin REALLY as uncomfy as they say across all styles? I know some are more than others, but my feet are dainty and narrow anyway (I stuck my foot in them quickly and that didn’t seem to be an issue)

- Is the red sole initially just an absolute nightmare before it gets worn? As I have just 0 balance basically 🤣

View attachment 2541923
If you are struggling with heels then not spending more than £20 is one of your issues.
I wouldn’t spend £690 on a pair of shoes if you can’t walk in them.
By some Kurt Geiger heels and have a go in them first. They are decent and comfortable. And then consider getting designer heels