Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My BV tips are to arrive by 9 or 10am, weekday outside of school holidays. Can get into the bigger shops without drama then, and time for mooching round the rest before it gets too wild.

Also a smashing little pub opposite if a cheaper lunch is required 😆
Considereing how close I live you’d think I go more often. But I absolutely hate crowds and feel no matter when you go it’s packed.

Like people come with suitcases and fill them!
---
I can’t remember who posted their rolex but it inspired me to go in and get my name on the list.

Surprised with what I ended up choosing because I really loved the look of the mother-of-pearl but irl that was so blingy

Reactions: 3
Preowned is fair game in my opinion. Bit of a stretch to say someone is supporting nonc*s for considering buying a preowned Balenciaga. Probably predates Demna too.
100%, buying a bag that predates demnas time at the brand does not support balenciagas bottom line. Furthermore, if you really care about alleged ponces in the industry, we should all cease buying any kering brands, not just balenciaga as they are complicit by keeping him and anything u buy from gucci, bottega, ysl is probably helping to fund him and anybody else who was part of putting that gross shoot together.

The whole fashion industry is corrupt and full of pervs, miscreants, wronguns etc. So many underage girls being taken advantage of all for the sake of modelling for some pervy photographers. Coco chanel was a known nazi supporter and donor but her brand remains one of the most successful in the world. I wish people would be consistent with their outrage

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anyone have a Polene Paris bag? Such a good price point and really beautiful looking bags.

Does anyone have a Polene Paris bag? Such a good price point and really beautiful looking bags.
No but I’m currently listing after the Neuf bag in Taupe 😩 the leather looks SO SOFT

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve got the mini neuf and adore it! It’s so cute for evenings out and fits a decent amount of stuff (although it’s a bit fiddly to get stuff in and out under the handle as it’s quite rigid) and the strap means I don’t have to put it down on sticky tables!!

I'm on the fence. I think the price point is so reasonable and the designs are beautiful but I've read quite mixed reviews on the handbags Reddit which has put me off.

Hopefully these links work:

100%, buying a bag that predates demnas time at the brand does not support balenciagas bottom line. Furthermore, if you really care about alleged ponces in the industry, we should all cease buying any kering brands, not just balenciaga as they are complicit by keeping him and anything u buy from gucci, bottega, ysl is probably helping to fund him and anybody else who was part of putting that gross shoot together.

The whole fashion industry is corrupt and full of pervs, miscreants, wronguns etc. So many underage girls being taken advantage of all for the sake of modelling for some pervy photographers. Coco chanel was a known nazi supporter and donor but her brand remains one of the most successful in the world. I wish people would be consistent with their outrage
Yup. Major major issues in the fashion industry that are so embedded, so buying a preowned Balenciaga changes nothing. Some of it veers into snobbery too imo. We can't all be buying Chanel at 2023 prices.

Reactions: 4
I'm on the fence. I think the price point is so reasonable and the designs are beautiful but I've read quite mixed reviews on the handbags Reddit which has put me off.

Hopefully these links work:

Yup. Major major issues in the fashion industry that are so embedded, so buying a preowned Balenciaga changes nothing. Some of it veers into snobbery too imo. We can't all be buying Chanel at 2023 prices.
Thanks so much for posting this, really informative. I think I'm going to swerve and stick with my original choice (Loewe). I expect my bags to last for years (decades!) and I would be royally pissed off if there was an issue.

Reactions: 6
Just to add to the Polene chat, they are beautiful bags but I have also been put off by the extreme airbrushing and colour re-touching on all of their images.

Most of the unboxing/reviews from actual people I find the colours more underwhelming. They’re still just as beautiful but it makes me wonder what the airbrushing is hiding.

Reactions: 2
Agree. I think they look beautiful online but so many reviews (now I've looked!) about poor quality in both the craftmanship and the leather. So I'm now desperately looking for a discount code for a Loewe Mini Hammock 😂 Annoyingly someone I follow has 20% off at Matches at the moment, with Loewe included in that but they don't have the colourway I want.

Does anyone own a canada goose? More specifically the chelsea parker x
looking to ask mr mog one for christmas (obvs not a fur one) but I'm unsure whether its a worthy purchase?
We have a dog so I always need a coat for walks - girl maths is telling me the cost per wear is going to be very cheap, but I'd like a second opinion x

Thoughts on this please guys 😘
I'm not a fan of this brand, sorry. I've seen SO many fakes around which always puts me off a brand and in all honesty even the real ones that I've seen have looked a bit tit. So sorry if you love it! Seems so expensive for what it is - you could get so much more for your money if you shopped pre-loved.

ETA: I feel really mean saying that - if you love it then go for it, your opinion is the most important after all :)

Reactions: 7
I logged in to ask which Polene bag I should get, but having caught up now I’m pouting ☹

IMG_4285.jpeg

I'm not a fan of this brand, sorry. I've seen SO many fakes around which always puts me off a brand and in all honesty even the real ones that I've seen have looked a bit tit. So sorry if you love it! Seems so expensive for what it is - you could get so much more for your money if you shopped pre-loved.

ETA: I feel really mean saying that - if you love it then go for it, your opinion is the most important after all :)
Thank you for your honesty!!!
I’m just so done with LV and Gucci, got a prada one and not sure I rate fendi (can’t afford channel 😭)

• Heart
Thank you for your honesty!!!
I’m just so done with LV and Gucci, got a prada one and not sure I rate fendi (can’t afford channel 😭)
Ah I’m glad I didn’t offend! How about YSL? I’m absolutely loving Fendi again after being totally off their bags for quite a few years. Funny how brands go in and out of flavour isn’t it.

looking to ask mr mog one for christmas (obvs not a fur one) but I'm unsure whether its a worthy purchase?
We have a dog so I always need a coat for walks - girl maths is telling me the cost per wear is going to be very cheap, but I'd like a second opinion x
I have a Canada goose, not the Chelsea, but I have the Montebello. It’s very worth it, keeps you so warm and you can tell it’s such good quality. I know you don’t want the fur, but mine has a fur trim and it’s removable if you didn’t want to wear it. Overall, defo worth it! 🥰

• Heart
I bought new Oran’s that will sit away till summer 2024 because I’m manifesting a good summer

It’s fuckin freezing and I wish I lived aboard

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I bought new Oran’s that will sit away till summer 2024 because I’m manifesting a good summer

It’s fuckin freezing and I wish I lived aboard
I bought mine in winter too and it was SUCH a treat to crack them out once it got warmer. Planning on buying a black pair for next summer.

• Heart
Well worth it. I have one, not that style, and it's lasted me over 10 years. You can wear just a tshirt under it and it'll still be so warm.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.