Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Evening enablers, soooooo it looks like I may have another possible counterfeit situation on my hands 🙈😂 This time I’m ready though! 💪🏼😂

I may have scored a ridiculously (and I mean really ridiculously) priced Puzzle (it seems too good to be true and you know the old saying…😬) but I need to get it authenticated as soon as it arrives. Can anyone recommend a good online service? I was going to use Legit Grails as they do a quick option for a reasonable price and have great reviews.

Also, bets on it being real?!
Well. I went to a jumble sale, spied a Gucci scarf. Labels looked good, felt cashmere as claimed and for 50p I was like...well I like it. Did some checks online, labels still seemed to match the real ones.

Wore it today, and went into Gucci so asked them.

Bloody real isn't it 🤣🤣 they said it's an older one but even so. Bet whoever popped that in the jumble bag had a heart attack when they realised it was gone lol here's hoping for another bargainous real deal for you!

LG got recommended to me by a few preloved pages I've asked before

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Dizzy

VIP Member
My friend has bought a knock off version of nearly every bag I own and delights in wearing hers the same time I wear my real one 🥴

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

Dizzy

VIP Member
What style, colour and size would you like? Just in case I see any in stock (on the usual sites) whilst I’m browsing about and I’ll let you know. Hope you get sorted 🙏🏾x
Oh you’re very sweet, thank you ❤ I’m looking for some mini ultras in a size 6 in antilope or mustard seed.

The Vinted ones arrived and they are, of course, fake. Full refund from Vinted and my teen will have them. If I say I’m buying anything remotely designery from any reselling site ever again, fucking shoot me 🙄

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
My mum who I don’t speak to works for Ugg and gets 60% off 😑 but I can’t bring myself to speak to her as she’s a dick

Also dreams do come true in the form of a pink bag. Although I don’t actually like the shoulder strap that much so need to find a silver chain strap for it (Coach seems to have sold out of theirs / discontinued it) but the colour gives me life

Attachments

• Heart

Nikzy911

Hey guys! I’ve not been here in ages (just been a lurker mclurk) but it was one of my big birthdays this weekend so I thought I’d share one of my presents off my hubbie. They won’t be for everyone but I was smitten when I saw them online and even more so when they arrived. They are so sparkly 😍

Excuse the foot pic but they are STUNNING 🥰

Attachments

• Heart

yankydoo

Chatty Member
So for my hen do I rented a dress and the whole process was amazing. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and have decided to rent another dress - hopefully this one will work out too. I highly recommend it so far. I usually end up buying a new outfit for occasions, which I end up wearing once, so this way I am spending less and wearing higher end designer clothes too. Thought I'd come on here and spread the news.

• Heart

secretsunloaded

VIP Member
He just wants to grow his market share, that’s his business’ game which is why he’s constantly beefing with the CMA (competitions market authority). He has never retained the DNA of any of his acquisitions - they all end up just schilling Canada Goose and Louboutin in the end. Matches will cease to exist as we know it for sure. Best case we’ll get a stock clearance sale for existing stock to clear the way for total gack gremlin clobber x
Hey all, a little bit of insider info.

Mike Ashley purchased MATCHES in January, pulled the plug and put them into administration in March and has now repurchased the brand name and website ect just last Friday (this isn't even revealed to the public yet).

He doesn't want the stock or staff. Got rid of 500+ staff in the process. Only 100ish employees left at Matches under the administrators. After all stock is sold and gone, all staff will be made redundant and Mike Ashley gets MATCHES to himself, the greedy piece of shit. MATCHES will not be the same without its lovely employees and how they shaped the retailer, it's what made the company amazing! such a pity.

No information regarding final sales or anything.. but if there's anything I know, I'll let you guys know! ☺

• Wow
  • Heart

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
I find it very tacky to comment, especially since one friend in particular asked me out right if my celine sunnies could look any faker 😭 she doesn’t stop going on about it either to the point it’s ruined them a bit for me (they are real lol).
I get this constantly. ‘Oh but I have the same bag from DH Gate and you couldn’t even notice a difference’ yes you bloody can and that’s not the point anyway 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12

ATV2021

VIP Member
I went to a vintage/handmade fair today and came across this stall. She uses scarves and ties (hermes, chanel, LV, Celine etc) and then remakes these into earrings, hairpins, brooches, hairbands. Absolutely beautiful (and a cheaper way to get a piece of the brands!

Attachments

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
VERY excited to have this on the way! I’ve long coveted the older calfskin Prada totes, like a Neverfull but less gimmicky and perfect for days when I’m on mum duty. Preloved is perfect too as it means I won’t be quite as upset at the inevitable wear and tear. Now I want the crossbody version and then onto saving for a Bottega Amdiano!

Attachments

• Heart

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little vent😢 it’s my birthday and I’ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and I’ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

I’m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said “I’m not sure you’d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist you”

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said “ok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right direction” and he just rolled his eyes and said “I suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait here”

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, I’ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like it’s put such a downer on my day ☹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasn’t the sort of “wealthy customer” he was used to so I wasn’t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time I’m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer 👎🏻
No joke I’d have told him to fuck off the minimum wage prick 😂 I’m so sorry. Don’t ever change who you are or how you’re dressed so that some stuck up SA will find you worthy of their time. He wasn’t worthy of your time. Keep being you and at the end of the day materialistic things don’t really matter ❤

• Heart
  • Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Agree with the ebay love.

I had to speak to them about something recently and whilst I was on the phone to them, the guy said "I can see you've been buying and seller on Ebay for 20 years - we'd like to thank you for sticking with us and being such a loyal customer" It was such a nice touch. This experience has taught me that Vinted is OK for cheaper items (bought a brand new 100% cashmere scarf for £15 from there last week - absolutely delighted with it) but anything higher end it's gotta be a Ebay or a pre-loved site.

Reactions: 11

hytuhh

Chatty Member
So I bought a YSL bracelet off Farfetch, it came next day which was great. However I realised it was brass not silver or gold and thought it won't really last so I went to return it, they hadn't included a returns label. I contacted them and it took them over a week to send one to me. Then it's taken a further 2 weeks for confirmation they have received it back and now I'm still waiting for a refund. I keep emailing them and they said they will chase with Saint Laurent but it's been about a month now and it's just so annoying how long these brands take, Shein has refunded me quicker 😭

• Wow
  • Sad

curiouserandcuriouser2022

Had my first bad experience at a high end store today and just feel like I could do with a little vent😢 it’s my birthday and I’ve been eyeing up the LV key pouch. My mum bought one YEARS ago when I was a teenager and I’ve always liked it but seeing all the posts on the last thread about how many uses it has made me think it would be a cute little present to myself.

I’m in Dubai, so I went to the mall and it was quite busy so I waited at the small leather goods counter for about 15 minutes. Then I saw one SA see one customer out so I went over and asked if he was free to assist me.

No joke, he stopped, looked me up and down and said “I’m not sure you’d know how it works at LV, but you need to ask a manager first before I can assist you”

I was a bit confused, but nonetheless I said “ok, would you mind telling me how I know a SA is a manager so I can ask them to point me in the right direction” and he just rolled his eyes and said “I suppose I could find out for you as we are quite busy, wait here”

I was stunned at how rude he was, it was though I was doing something really out of turn by asking for help. I was a bit embarrassed so I just said actually, I’ve had a change of heart and walked out.

It may seem silly but I feel like it’s put such a downer on my day ☹ I was looking forward to it and I just felt like he immediately decided I wasn’t the sort of “wealthy customer” he was used to so I wasn’t worth his time.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to vent. Hopefully next time I’m in London I can try there and the SAs will be nicer 👎🏻
That sounds awful. He didn’t deserve your commission. My wish for you in to have a Julia Roberts/Pretty Woman moment and flounce back into him, eye him up and down and then go spend your dough where they treasure you 💖

• Heart