Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, apologies for the suspense - real life demands and all that.....

Anyway!

So the bag was en route via Evri and then I had a message from her on Tuesday afternoon to say that it had been returned as Evri and Vinted were having problems with their labels. This is completely true, I'd had a separate message from Vinted to say the same. So she said she'd have to refund me and then she'd send the bag to me again using Royal Mail. I wasn't completely sure of the procedure so she sent me instructions screenshot from Vinted which said I had to start the refund process by going through a series of steps. Gotta say, it was pretty complicated, for exampe, you have to high the button to say you've received the parcel to then get to an option to say that the parcel hasn't reached you - what?!

The final step of this process was to hit a button requesting a refund which she said she'd then accept and we could start again. All well and good until head here hit THE WRONG BUTTON and instead of requesting a refund, released the effin' funds to her!! So, at this point she had the bag and my money! :eek: I messaged Vinted, explaining that I'd released the funds to her in error and they, quite understandably, said tough tit, the funds are out of our control now, that's your problem. I messaged her again hoping that she would do the right thing and still send the bag. Silence. I spent a couple of hours getting my head around the fact that I'd lost £400 and the bag and that it was all entirely my fault. I then checked her profile again and could see that she'd been blocked by Vinted. Utter confusion reigned. Then at about 9pm I had another email from Vinted saying that they had investigated and blocked her account as they suspected fraudulent activity and that they would be refunding me in full! Which they did! JESUS EFFING CHRIST!! Talk about rollercoaster! Part of me feels really bad because I don't think she did anything wrong - it was completely my error in that I hit the wrong button releasing the funds to her - but then maybe Vinted know something I don't? 🤷‍♀️ Regardless, I think I may be over buying designer things from private sellers 😂 and for my next bag purchase I'm just gonna buy direct from Loewe! 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
So, apologies for the suspense - real life demands and all that.....

Anyway!

So the bag was en route via Evri and then I had a message from her on Tuesday afternoon to say that it had been returned as Evri and Vinted were having problems with their labels. This is completely true, I'd had a separate message from Vinted to say the same. So she said she'd have to refund me and then she'd send the bag to me again using Royal Mail. I wasn't completely sure of the procedure so she sent me instructions screenshot from Vinted which said I had to start the refund process by going through a series of steps. Gotta say, it was pretty complicated, for exampe, you have to high the button to say you've received the parcel to then get to an option to say that the parcel hasn't reached you - what?!

The final step of this process was to hit a button requesting a refund which she said she'd then accept and we could start again. All well and good until head here hit THE WRONG BUTTON and instead of requesting a refund, released the effin' funds to her!! So, at this point she had the bag and my money! :eek: I messaged Vinted, explaining that I'd released the funds to her in error and they, quite understandably, said tough tit, the funds are out of our control now, that's your problem. I messaged her again hoping that she would do the right thing and still send the bag. Silence. I spent a couple of hours getting my head around the fact that I'd lost £400 and the bag and that it was all entirely my fault. I then checked her profile again and could see that she'd been blocked by Vinted. Utter confusion reigned. Then at about 9pm I had another email from Vinted saying that they had investigated and blocked her account as they suspected fraudulent activity and that they would be refunding me in full! Which they did! JESUS EFFING CHRIST!! Talk about rollercoaster! Part of me feels really bad because I don't think she did anything wrong - it was completely my error in that I hit the wrong button releasing the funds to her - but then maybe Vinted know something I don't? 🤷‍♀️ Regardless, I think I may be over buying designer things from private sellers 😂 and for my next bag purchase I'm just gonna buy direct from Loewe! 😂
Omg what a nightmare! Sorry to say you’ve completely put me off buying from private sellers or second hand 😂 I’m just an anxious person and value the peace of mind when buying directly from the boutique, if something goes wrong etc.

So glad vinted returned your money though. The seller seems dodgy, she went silent after you released the funds to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg what a nightmare! Sorry to say you’ve completely put me off buying from private sellers or second hand 😂 I’m just an anxious person and value the peace of mind when buying directly from the boutique, if something goes wrong etc.

So glad vinted returned your money though. The seller seems dodgy, she went silent after you released the funds to her!
Yep I hear you! It's put me off too.

I'm in such 2 minds about the seller - everything was genuine up until I hit the wrong button - she'd sent the bag, it was returned through no fault of hers, the refund steps were in accordance with Vinted's rquirements. Maybe she didn't see my message and was then blocked so couldn't reply even if she wanted to 🤷‍♀️ Whatever happened, I feel very lucky to have got my money back.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yep I hear you! It's put me off too.

I'm in such 2 minds about the seller - everything was genuine up until I hit the wrong button - she'd sent the bag, it was returned through no fault of hers, the refund steps were in accordance with Vinted's rquirements. Maybe she didn't see my message and was then blocked so couldn't reply even if she wanted to 🤷‍♀️ Whatever happened, I feel very lucky to have got my money back.
These sorts of scams are really common on Vinted, the item likely never existed and it’s all been bs. If you search for certain hype items/brands like Ganni, Loewe, etc, you’ll see tons of these types of listings that are too good to be true. Users will be banned at IP/device ID level but there are workarounds so they’re constantly having to play whack a mole hence why yours got banned in the end.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Agree, I was trying to find a pre lockdown Polene (when the leather was better) and 99% of listings are scams, brand new accounts with zero ratings and the same spiel in description, totally put me off

Reactions: 2
Well I feel like a bit of a wally now 😂 I was skeptical even when I bought it but as I knew I'd have the protection of Vinted should the bag actually reach me and not be as advertised didn't feel too worried about it. I guess I should count myself very lucky that Vinted did the necessary and refunded my money. Goes to show as well, even when the money has been "released" they are able to retrieve it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well I feel like a bit of a wally now 😂 I was skeptical even when I bought it but as I knew I'd have the protection of Vinted should the bag actually reach me and not be as advertised didn't feel too worried about it. I guess I should count myself very lucky that Vinted did the necessary and refunded my money. Goes to show as well, even when the money has been "released" they are able to retrieve it.
It’s very easily done and it’s just great you got your money back. I have sold a few Mulberry’s on Vinted and been lucky it was all ok, but that’s before I realised how many scammers there were. At least now you know for next time. Hope you find your Puzzle bag soon ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 1
eBay >> Vinted, Vinted is the absolute pits - I had to spend 35 minutes on hold & putting through a chargeback for a £50 kids toy the other day after they basically said too bad it was delivered to the incorrect address but at least we delivered it 🤯 that was after weeks of back & forth and me printing forms to hand write for them too 🫠

eBay on the other hand has always been a gorgeous angel of vintage/preloved fashion and homeware!

• Wow
eBay >> Vinted, Vinted is the absolute pits - I had to spend 35 minutes on hold & putting through a chargeback for a £50 kids toy the other day after they basically said too bad it was delivered to the incorrect address but at least we delivered it 🤯 that was after weeks of back & forth and me printing forms to hand write for them too 🫠

eBay on the other hand has always been a gorgeous angel of vintage/preloved fashion and homeware!
EBay also authenticates and have heavily invested in building a luxury operation. I also think because it's older there's fewer chances. Vinted and depop sellers and buyers are ridiculous sometimes, selling a heavily used item for the same price you'd get it from a reputable reseller, on the opposite end, you'll have buyers asking for a 90% discount from the off

• Heart
Reactions: 3
EBay also authenticates and have heavily invested in building a luxury operation. I also think because it's older there's fewer chances. Vinted and depop sellers and buyers are ridiculous sometimes, selling a heavily used item for the same price you'd get it from a reputable reseller, on the opposite end, you'll have buyers asking for a 90% discount from the off
Agree completely - also with its age it’s definitely got a different culture on there? Like a lot of people still selling are long standing (like 2000s, 2010s) accounts and just good vibes. I recently bought a teddy bear I had as a kid and couldn’t believe my luck at finding it & the guy was super communicative so I told him how over the moon I was and he said we’ll have to throw him a welcome home party, my heart 🥲🥲🥲 !!

Also cleanliness is another level versus Vinted. I bought some vintage 30s glass lampshades and was fully prepared to have to smell 90 years of fag ash and dust but they were absolutely immaculate. The sellers just care, whereas on Vinted half of them want putting away for crimes against personal hygiene.

Sorry this has ended up OT, just sharing the eBay love 🥰

• Heart
Agree completely - also with its age it’s definitely got a different culture on there? Like a lot of people still selling are long standing (like 2000s, 2010s) accounts and just good vibes. I recently bought a teddy bear I had as a kid and couldn’t believe my luck at finding it & the guy was super communicative so I told him how over the moon I was and he said we’ll have to throw him a welcome home party, my heart 🥲🥲🥲 !!

Also cleanliness is another level versus Vinted. I bought some vintage 30s glass lampshades and was fully prepared to have to smell 90 years of fag ash and dust but they were absolutely immaculate. The sellers just care, whereas on Vinted half of them want putting away for crimes against personal hygiene.

Sorry this has ended up OT, just sharing the eBay love 🥰
Ive been an ebay seller since 2004 & definitely take pride in my sales, listings, after care etc. I do the same on Vinted but it's a different calibre of buyer for sure! I've also received much scruffy crap off Vinted that I've never had from ebay!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Agree with the ebay love.

I had to speak to them about something recently and whilst I was on the phone to them, the guy said "I can see you've been buying and seller on Ebay for 20 years - we'd like to thank you for sticking with us and being such a loyal customer" It was such a nice touch. This experience has taught me that Vinted is OK for cheaper items (bought a brand new 100% cashmere scarf for £15 from there last week - absolutely delighted with it) but anything higher end it's gotta be a Ebay or a pre-loved site.

Reactions: 11
Has anyone started sale shopping yet?
Harvey Nichols was up to 50% off last night, so treated myself to a pair of Stuart Weitzman pumps (£100 cheaper than a Russell & Bromley equivalent!) a Weekend MaxMara coat (which looks like it’s proper MM) and the a pair of Jimmy Choo boots as a gift. First time since pre-Covid that I’ve been so impressed with them.
(Also in the middle of returning a pair of row sneakers to MyTheresa, so the purchases work out as free 😊 #girlmath)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.