Designer Items #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long term lurker, but figured you would be the best people to ask.

I'm after a rucksack/backpack for Christmas. Around £500, leather and prefably tan colour - open to suggestions though on that.

It's been so long since I had a new bag, I've no idea where to start looking!

Hi all. Does anyone know if the coach tabby 26 (pillow or classic) can fit a 500ml bottle of water? Thanks

Need opinions...

I came across a Balenciaga City in perfect condition in a Cash Converters of all places. Very similar to this Neo Cagole, same crinkled leather. I don't like the Cagole as much as the original City, a bit too many studs and I don't like the strap. Anyway the City was £580. Would you go for it?

I already have the Neo Classic but I still love the OG City. Most of the preloved ones I see are a bit knackered now though. Trying to weigh up if two very similar bags (same size and colour) is ridiculous or not...

Reactions: 2
Need opinions...

I came across a Balenciaga City in perfect condition in a Cash Converters of all places. Very similar to this Neo Cagole, same crinkled leather. I don't like the Cagole as much as the original City, a bit too many studs and I don't like the strap. Anyway the City was £580. Would you go for it?

I already have the Neo Classic but I still love the OG City. Most of the preloved ones I see are a bit knackered now though. Trying to weigh up if two very similar bags (same size and colour) is ridiculous or not...
Do cash converters do authentication? I’d be worried about authenticity

Do cash converters do authentication? I’d be worried about authenticity
No they don't! So that's the worry. I had a good look and I'm 90% confident it's authentic but that's just my opinion. They had a couple of other bags that were brought in by the same person and they weren't styles you see fakes of everywhere, but you obviously can't guarantee anything!

Reactions: 1
No they don't! So that's the worry. I had a good look and I'm 90% confident it's authentic but that's just my opinion. They had a couple of other bags that were brought in by the same person and they weren't styles you see fakes of everywhere, but you obviously can't guarantee anything!
If you’re happy with authenticity (could get one of the independent fb Authenticators to check it - can’t guarantee 100% with them either but it’s a second opinion at least!) I’d go for it, that’s a good price for the condition!

I’m an OG city fan, bought mine on eBay a couple of years ago (could never have afforded it back in the day!!) and I had it authenticated as it was coming from Japan (before I knew much about the standards of the Japanese resale market). It’s quite far from perfect condition but it was a good price and I still love it!

• Heart
Need opinions...

Do not buy anything Balenciaga, can't be supporting nonce's

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I buy a lot of secondhand LV, I’m always 99 per cent confident of authenticity, but on a couple of items I decided to pay for 3rd party authentication, just for extra peace of mind and also if I might sell in the future. I use legitgrails, paid iirc $15-20 each for 24 hr results/certificate (and they were deemed authentic).

Reactions: 4
Hahaa I’m glad someone said it. I was going to and then thought to myself so many people seem to not give a duck I cba 🤣
I get it if you already own some but surely we need to stop supporting them.
I wanted one of their wool coats but that will never happen now

Reactions: 3
I swear almost no one buys new now anyway? The preloved market has improved so much :)

Preowned is fair game in my opinion. Bit of a stretch to say someone is supporting nonc*s for considering buying a preowned Balenciaga. Probably predates Demna too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I swear almost no one buys new now anyway? The preloved market has improved so much :)
The Alma I got new is like....£4k+ so absolutely nay chance was I buying that new 😆 I have purchased some bits new like my key holder wallet, and bits from Bicester but the bigger items have all been preloved

Preowned is fair game in my opinion. Bit of a stretch to say someone is supporting nonc*s for considering buying a preowned Balenciaga. Probably predates Demna too.
Just my opinion. Please carry on wearing Balenciaga if you like.
I prefer not to 🤷🏼‍♀️

Has anyone done any designer shopping in Milan? 👀 what are the prices like/VAT etc?
Omg. My people!!
Yes. The VAT wasn't too bad. The prices were still mad but I really really really wanted these Prada boots and they were still about a grand 😔💔

The Alma I got new is like....£4k+ so absolutely nay chance was I buying that new 😆 I have purchased some bits new like my key holder wallet, and bits from Bicester but the bigger items have all been preloved
What are the prices like at Bicester Village? Is it worth going to? Thanks in advance

What are the prices like at Bicester Village? Is it worth going to? Thanks in advance
Depends what you're after. The biggest brands are like Gucci/Prada/Dior/Fendi/D&G but it has tonnes of brands there including like Louboutin/Choo.

I like Elemis/Neom, Vivienne Westwood (had some v good prices there) and Kate Spade.

If you can go during a private sale then there are some bargains to be had (again bargain for the brand lol)

I'm off again at the start of December and most excited lol

Depends what you're after. The biggest brands are like Gucci/Prada/Dior/Fendi/D&G but it has tonnes of brands there including like Louboutin/Choo.

I like Elemis/Neom, Vivienne Westwood (had some v good prices there) and Kate Spade.

If you can go during a private sale then there are some bargains to be had (again bargain for the brand lol)

I'm off again at the start of December and most excited lol
Thanks for your reply, I might give it a go, probably after Christmas as everywhere seems so busy atm

Thanks for your reply, I might give it a go, probably after Christmas as everywhere seems so busy atm
My BV tips are to arrive by 9 or 10am, weekday outside of school holidays. Can get into the bigger shops without drama then, and time for mooching round the rest before it gets too wild.

Also a smashing little pub opposite if a cheaper lunch is required 😆

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.