Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I don’t think anyone here is questioning whether POTS etc is real. Specifically regarding Ella - unfortunately if you keep re-writing history to such a degree as Ella keeps doing then it’s only logical that people start doubting everything else you have claimed. Especially if it is baked into to the origin story of your incredibly lucrative brand. And you have a history of chasing fad after fad and then pretending you were never on the bandwagon let alone leading the charge. There is a huge risk in monetising your medical diagnoses the way she has. Live by the sword etc.

My sympathies with anyone who has any of the same conditions as she has claimed to have because it is annoying as fuck to have people think ‘oh that billionaires daughter had the same and became well by eating endless variations of sweet potato brownies and sticky garlicky miso mushrooms’. Cool thanks Ella!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Meg78

VIP Member
Influenza? Is he a sickly Victorian on his death bed having the leeches prepared?

• Haha
Reactions: 17

queenamber

VIP Member
So much to unpack in that Grazia article. I feel for her, it sounds awful, but surely her being so busy and frazzled is the absolute last thing she should be doing when her mental health is this fragile? Also huge red flag that she couldn't confide in her husband. I also find it a bit harmful that she says "10-20 minutes of meditation has been the biggest game-changer" as if that's the cure. Positive affirmations do not cure post-natal depression or other mental illness. The woman needs therapy and possibly some medication. Absolutely no shame in it. She may have stopped the "clean eating" message but her ethos is still so wrapped up in pseudoscience.

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
80% eating "plants" sounds about what a normal carnivore diet is anyway. Seeing as wheat, potatoes and sugar etc are all considered plants.

Ella's stance these days is all about what is best for maximising profits, not health.

I just had oreos, coke and skittles for breakfast - 100% plants :rolleyes:

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Yep and another thing they do on the deliciously Ella products is list beet sugar as if it's special, when half the normal white sugar in the UK comes from beets. The other half comes from canes and it's all exactly the same after it's been processed. They should just list it as sugar because that's what every other manufacturer does that uses the exact same ingredient.

It's the very same stuff that goes into mars bars, Krispy kremes and coke!

stardust21

VIP Member
I didn’t realise she’d sued! That’s a new benchmark for a fallout with a friend
TBF to Livia, I’m pretty sure that essentially what happened was: She and Ella discussed business ideas etc together, Ella said she had absolutely no intention of making products, Matthew came along, Ella told him Livia’s plans for her business, Matthew then pushed it forward for DE saying that sweet products for on the go are the way forward, and because Ella sees him as a glowing business man she shat on her friend stole her ideas and went for it with more money and power behind her. If I had the money behind me, I’d probably have sued her too.

• Sad

queenamber

VIP Member
"Hated what we were doing" a year ago, yet I'm sure her stories were exactly the same last year? Toxic positivity BS.

Walkthehemline

Ella loves everything she/they make. What neither her or CEO Matthew realise that by her own admission she used to have a horrible diet. And she has been plant based for so long… please explain to me how she would know what proper plant based food compares to non plant based versions? She us trying to convert people to plant based and trying to make plant based transfusions easier etc.
just how?! She can’t compare a lot of foods to the “regular” alternatives
To quote a colleague who once worked with her on a shoot, "she knows nothing about food and she's not very nice"

• Wow
  • Haha

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
Her keeping it real post today...says she feels bad for letting the kids eat too many snacks...and shows them eating an apple and a banana...:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sad

tam

This to me is quite a red flag. Very controlling behaviour and probably has been gaslit into thinking this is normal. All a strange environment to me.

Mmmmmm

VIP Member
The picture on the wall clashes horribly with the curtains and the cushions.
Anyone else starting to think that the only reason Ella is always filled with so much anxiety is because she lives in a house filled with way too many ugly and clashing patterns without consuming anymore drugs?!?!?!? 😂🤷😂

• Haha

stardust21

VIP Member
I believe she originally said that she met Matt because he wanted her to become involved with a coconut water company he was involved with at the time. So yeah, I reckon he definitely saw her as an easy way to launch a business he could run.

————

Gosh it looks like the “Plants” burgers Matt launched in Waitrose this week have gone down like a cup of cold sick 🙁 7 reviews and literally every single one has given them a 1 star!!
Most say they taste like cardboard and are the worst plant-based burger they’ve ever had. I feel kind of bad for Ella tbh as it seems a lot of DE fans are feeling super let down by the low quality of the new Plants products across the board. Then again, it was her choice to give her non-plant-based boyfriend full control of her previously successful business within a few weeks of meeting…
I can’t say I feel sorry for her. She had top selling books and a top selling app, she could have gone and made TV shows and become the veggie version of Nigella. But she sold out.

The whole ethos around DE originally was making food at home, from scratch. A movement away from ultra processed foods. Looking at the ingredients in these new products they’re definitely verging on ultra processed.

She should have been happy with the 100’s of 1,000’s she was already making. But she and Matthew are greedy.

It’s such a shame the brand has moved so much away from what it originally was.

vanja

How great that she and her toddlers were able to fit in infecting other children at the soft play space with influenza (??) before fucking off to their countryside manor...

• Sad
  • Haha