Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
They're just so behind the times. The vegan products market has peaked and all the companies are reducing their ranges as the market is so oversaturated. The trend is swinging back ironically to the sort of stuff Ella used to do in cookbooks, just calling it 'unprocessed' instead of 'clean'. Such dumb dumbs.

Reactions: 15

emm

VIP Member
Narcissism 101
Didn't she start before meeting him? As in her blog, insta etc? She basically fid the more.difficult part (imo) no one would have ever gone to that cafe/bought any of the products without her. She gives herself so little credit I find it depressing

stardust21

VIP Member
With these prices I’m curious to see how many they manage to sell. Not the best idea to release plant milk for £2.40 or more when just below you have Alpro for £2 (which I already find a bit pricey) in a two-digit inflation.
I wouldn’t say they’re leading the way at all… Quorn and Linda McCartney lead the way. The market is now flooded, I mean even Richmond, KFC and McDonalds have vegan options in their product ranges 😂 it’s hardly revolutionary anymore.
---
How on earth is this leading the way when there are millions of plant based products out there already
Just saw this after I posted. Agree wholeheartedly!

90sGal

Chatty Member
1. She can’t put a sentence together. A very simple sentence. And just how sad is it if it’s true? I love pasta but wouldn’t want to eat it every night!

2. The labels look like someone went a bit too wold with Canva. 0 uniformity, absolutely no cohesion and there is no brand identity in it either. It’s a mish mash of fonts, colours, various graphics that do nothing to highlight what the product is. Some of their packaging and labelling is all muted pastel colours, some os harsh colours, fonts even within the same product family don’t match…. Did CEO Matthew design this flaming dumpster fire?
I also find the name PLANTS a bit meh

Oh Im off to the supermarket to buy some PLANTS

Fancy a dinner of PLANTS

Oh you've not finished your PLANTS

Sounds like I'm shoping at the local garden centre.

• Haha

Clover123

VIP Member
How on earth is this leading the way when there are millions of plant based products out there already
That's what I was thinking! Alpro and Oatly have been mainstream products for at least seven years now, and were widely known even prior to that. They're also much cheaper and often on offer, is Ella willing to match that? I think that's a ridiculous move in a crowded market. Her name doesn't have any pull anymore but is anyone even going to recognise the brand "plants" as hers? Deliciously Matthew is not the smart CEO he thinks he is 🙄

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Plus as we know, wealth begets wealth, that’s why these mega-rich families have different branches with various sources of wealth. Eg Getty Images is hugely successful in its own right but would not have been started without the family wealth and connections.

In any case Ella has carefully worded the question in a leading way ‘a supermarket giant heir’ - ok she’s not a Sainsbury’s plc heir but she is a Sainsbury heir, no question.

I’m simply amazed she didn’t make it clear that it’s the Qataris who control Sainsbury’s now. How did they get the controlling share? Someone must have sold it to them right? So how did the Sainsbury family become so philanthropic they could “give away” billions of pounds? (“Give away” - set up wings of the National Gallery, Tate etc and name it after yourself) 🤪

Her obliviousness to the unbelievable advantages she’s had in life is off the scale (despite trite proclamations of being ‘very lucky’ - what an understatement). If she had one iota of how many people live they would start by treating their employees so much better.

• Heart

Hubrisand

Chatty Member
‘Taking a break for the first time in about 2 years’. Does she actually believe herself. In the last few years she’s posted several breaks, far more than the average person. So so strange that she keeps pushing the idea that she’s a workaholic super mum on her followers

rosieflowers

VIP Member
In your ‘making your business the best ever era’ but your staff describe your treatment of them as like they are animals, and your new burgers have dreadful reviews. Seems like maybe focussing on the wrong things?

I don’t really get how they can be so completely obtuse.
I just know this meeting was horrendous for the staff 😫 a heavy morals and business results meeting on the only night you get to close early. Like please give me a break in literally just here for the money

With thr CEO turning up in boss bitch glasses and a shirt when she's been spending the day meditating too... what an insult

Meg78

VIP Member
She mentioned the other day that people thought she was mad for starting a company with her new boyfriend, and I just blinked because I’m pretty sure she had multiple books at that point and was already successful???

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It’s so embarrassing that she’s asking herself questions to address posts on this thread. That’s how you know she’s not busy, that she has time for this.

So she’s an heir to the Sainsbury family fortune and not the current Sainsbury supermarket business, big deal. And as if they didn’t approach Sainsburys as a stockist last as a strategic decision to downplay nepotism / privilege claims. It’s so obvious.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Ella is a very basic white girl from a privileged family, who jumped on the wellness and yoga bandwagons but didn’t have enough original ideas to make the business sustainable in the long run.

Add CEO Matthew to the mix who wanted in on the startup life and be a big important CEO and a finance bro and you have the app, the unnecessary and underwhelming products and workaholic lifestyle with 0 work-life balance.

And they have no personalities! CEO Matthew only reads work related books. They don’t go out. They don’t have friends. It’s all work and a few trips but it’s always the two of them (+ the nanny) and even on holiday all they can talk and post about is work! Where is the wellness in that? Where are the healthy habits?

• Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
On another note as I'm going through some articles ( so obvious they paid for most of them ), but how the F you are trusting with this sad excuse of a ceo about your own business since the genious already started by failing- pushing to opening café and deli just to close it with loss.
And now doing the same effing thing with pushing products that yes gave profit in 2018...but it was in fucking 2018. We are now in post pandemic inflation recession world conflict mess...I just don't get it! How you can voluntarily create your own failure
.mind blowing.

View attachment 1741770
She paid herself £220,000 🤣

Not us, not them, just her. Which means Matthew as head of the company will be receiving more than that.

Well no wonder she’s downplaying the sainsburys side of things, Skye is the heiress at this rate!

• Sick

User41137788

She’s just deleted the insta story where she said one of the toughest things was being sued by someone. That was Livia (of Livias Snacks) which is why they had beef

• Wow
Lol, funny how she preaches a healthy lifestyle, food, yoga and meditation, on her DE IG but her private one is all about anxiety and having shit days 🤣

• Haha