Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought some of their tortilla style crisps as they were on offer. Absolutely vile! They left a weird claggy paste in my mouth. I don’t buy any of their range any longer
They also had peanut butter cups that literally had a marmite flavour, disgusting.

• Sick
Reactions: 1

Yel

The granolas & cereal bars are the best products they’ve produced.
It's hard to go wrong when those items are full of dates, coconut sugar, rice syrup and maple syrup - sugar by 4 different names.

Some of the items are OK, the issue I have is they're still not really healthy. They're slightly healthier than ultra processed foods, but still have lots of undesirable ingredients like cheap unhealthy canola oil and coconut oil. Adding some seeds doesn't make it healthy.

I'd rather have a popadom than her chips, much healthier, nicer, cheaper and not high GI like her rice based chips.

Reactions: 10
It's hard to go wrong when those items are full of dates, coconut sugar, rice syrup and maple syrup - sugar by 4 different names.

Some of the items are OK, the issue I have is they're still not really healthy. They're slightly healthier than ultra processed foods, but still have lots of undesirable ingredients like cheap unhealthy canola oil and coconut oil. Adding some seeds doesn't make it healthy.

I'd rather have a popadom than her chips, much healthier, nicer, cheaper and not high GI like her rice based chips.
Sugar is sugar, whatever you name it. Coconut sugar is no better for you than regular sugar. Its only if you eat about 100g of the stuff would you get a fraction of nutrition.

• Heart

Yel

Yep and another thing they do on the deliciously Ella products is list beet sugar as if it's special, when half the normal white sugar in the UK comes from beets. The other half comes from canes and it's all exactly the same after it's been processed. They should just list it as sugar because that's what every other manufacturer does that uses the exact same ingredient.

It's the very same stuff that goes into mars bars, Krispy kremes and coke!

Reactions: 17
Yep and another thing they do on the deliciously Ella products is list beet sugar as if it's special, when half the normal white sugar in the UK comes from beets. The other half comes from canes and it's all exactly the same after it's been processed. They should just list it as sugar because that's what every other manufacturer does that uses the exact same ingredient.

It's the very same stuff that goes into mars bars, Krispy kremes and coke!
That's vile misleading from their part.

Reactions: 4
That picture of the two of them together looks so awkward. The way Matthew is sitting makes him look so uncomfortable.

Reactions: 1
Ella is like new product:
carrots, oat milk, beet sugar, olive oil, cacao, rice flour, vanilla

And pretending its not carrot cake...

80% eating "plants" sounds about what a normal carnivore diet is anyway. Seeing as wheat, potatoes and sugar etc are all considered plants.

Ella's stance these days is all about what is best for maximising profits, not health.

I just had oreos, coke and skittles for breakfast - 100% plants :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This made me laugh. Try ‘Bullying’, ‘Blame culture’, ‘Toxic’, ‘Chaotic’, ‘No space for personal well-being’ as a starter for ten (I worked for them for a while. Never again.)
EC9ECA5E-C266-4A93-AA3B-8D9F1B9944AF.png

• Sad
Reactions: 12
This made me laugh. Try ‘Bullying’, ‘Blame culture’, ‘Toxic’, ‘Chaotic’, ‘No space for personal well-being’ as a starter for ten (I worked for them for a while. Never again.)View attachment 2094646

I have no trouble believing everything you wrote. Glassdoor reviews are also awful.
Secondly they never had to work outside their little circle, they can’t empathise with their employees as they are so far removed and will always be. It’s their little vanity project

Reactions: 8
“Our” first cookbook 🤨 Was Matthew involved in the writing at all? No, no he wasn’t Ella, you hadn’t even met him at that point, what on Earth has he got you smoking to be this brainwashed

2970EE69-623A-41FB-BBC7-39CEA1FFEC4E.jpeg

Reactions: 7
This made me laugh. Try ‘Bullying’, ‘Blame culture’, ‘Toxic’, ‘Chaotic’, ‘No space for personal well-being’ as a starter for ten (I worked for them for a while. Never again.)View attachment 2094646
That picture alone makes me think working for their company would be a total nightmare.

I'm sure Mcdonald's or Pepsi look after their employees better than DE.

Reactions: 6
Sounds like a humble brag that turnover is over 2 million or whatever the threshold is for further checks
---
Edit looks like the threshold is way bigger than that, presumably she's posting that she exceeds at least two of these:

Your company may qualify for an audit exemption if it has at least 2 of the following:

an annual turnover of no more than £10.2 million
assets worth no more than £5.1 million
50 or fewer employees on average

Sounds like a humble brag that turnover is over 2 million or whatever the threshold is for further checks
---
Edit looks like the threshold is way bigger than that, presumably she's posting that she exceeds at least two of these:

Your company may qualify for an audit exemption if it has at least 2 of the following:

an annual turnover of no more than £10.2 million
assets worth no more than £5.1 million
50 or fewer employees on average
I think they must qualify for an audit as the whole deliciously Ella group of companies added together exceeds those thresholds - they must have like 10 companies in the group.
Also - as someone who’s worked in audit, it could be considered a breach to advertise something like that. Exposing the fact that there are auditors in right now on a platform to over 1 mil followers. Very unprofessional. The audit should be kept professional, confidential, and by the book.
I feel second hand embarrassment for that Instagram story.

Because how dare they audit the greatest ceo of all times! He reads books and is working in chair In a corner for God's sake. Serious business so much professional!!....or perhaps someone from the audit team commented about the abhorrent use of patterns in the office 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.