Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Have seen this post going round facebook, apologies if it's already been posted..

Dear People of the UK

You will of course be aware that Italy has taken extreme measures in the hope of slowing the spread of the Corona Virus. These are measures the UK may be forced to implement, later down the line.

As a Brit living in Italy, here are some things you need to know:
Our supermarkets HAVE STAYED OPEN. They are on slightly reduced hours and you have to queue to get in (yes, it’s a ball-ache) but they are OPEN. EVERY DAY. Deliveries continue to arrive so for fucks sake, shop like NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS!
Enforced social isolation does not mean you cannot leave your house. It means you can still leave your house for ESSENTIAL activity, like shopping. So put down the fucking pasta and toilet rolls and breathe. Now you don’t have to share a bed with your four kids because you’ve had to turn their rooms in to store cupboards for the all the pointless and selfish hoarding you are doing.
Pharmacies are still open so you DO NOT NEED 236 bottles of Calpol, 429 packets of paracetamol and 987 Tubigrips. Colds, flu, headaches, muscle pain, period pain, teething babies. They are still out there, Corona Virus or not. So, again, step away from the goods, buy what you NEED, put back what you don’t. We still have access to all basic medical needs. Again, we have to queue and observe the recommended 1M distance from others but within our community, this has been well-organised and adhered to. Suck it up. For info, the Italians do not queue or respect personal space in the way that we Brits do. If they can do it, then you fucking can too! It’s practically a national pastime!
Bakeries and butchers - still open. See points above.
Pet shops - still open. Calm it, Fido. Your nightly Dentastix is safe.
DIY shops - still open for ESSENTIAL maintenance items. I only know this because I tried to buy a cactus when I went for a new shower head, only to find non-essential aisles closed to the public. Fair enough, right?
Do me a favour. Share this around. The measures are extreme but they are not SO extreme that you need to be utter Cunts to each other.
Shop responsibly. Then go home, pour yourself a gin and celebrate the fact that your food shop is not going to take you 6 hours to put away.
And let’s be honest, on the off chance that you do contract the virus, the last fucking thing you are going to want is a big bowl of pasta, 2ltrs of Fanta and a bumper pack of fucking Morrison’s sausage rolls.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

Rinitiaa

It was on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread just now - rumours of the army being deployed from Friday (apparently true) and also Prince Philip has died and it will be announced in the next couple of days.
Everything is just so bloody wierd right now. Who knows what is true any more.
Poor phillip thats the 4th time hes died in a year :(

• Haha
Reactions: 63

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I really liked the chancellor’s speech tonight but I still feel like BoJo needs a rocket up his arse. In layman’s terms he needs to say - we’re all in this together. We need to take this seriously and social distance to slow this thing down. Emergency childcare in schools and communities for the front line workers only - everyone else keep your kids off and at home. Not only to protect our NHS and in turn our loved ones that might need it, but also to help us get back to normal as quickly as we can. That’s all of us. Even you Joe Bloggs who’s gagging for a pint or you Sue who‘s survived the war and doesn’t want to give up her coffee in the garden centre of a Wednesday morning. ALL OF US. Together. As a United Kingdom.
It should be a speech that’s printed on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow, every online headline. He HAS speech writers, they can work remotely, where are they?? I really do think this country’s in desperate need of pulling together and a morale boost. He could do it for his Brexit campaign, he needs to find it from somewhere now.

It’s clear that they don’t want to lock us down completely in the hope of some sort of herd immunity and to prevent already stretched police resources being wasted on trying to enforce it. But if we could convince even half of the people who think it’s a load of nonsense to actually do it, we’d have a much better chance of beating this thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

abitfairytale

Saw my folks for the last time today potentially for a while. Whilst my mum was a bit blaise about it all, my dad was very emotional - almost in tears as I left. He knows he's one of the most vunerable (particularly if mum doesn't adhere to any lockdowns), and actually said he hopes he gets through it to see us soon. I put on a brave face but will admit I've been broken since - how have we come to this? I may be almost (not quite!) 36 but he's still my daddy at the end of the day. I know at the end of the day resources need to be directed to those most likely to survive but that doesn't make this any fucking easier. Just crossing everything that our family will come through this unscathed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Not sure if it’s the right thread for this but.

78638061-B120-4642-8042-E37F2FEB314C.jpeg

(for the argument that it’s not accurate)
doesn’t he have 3 islands 🙄

55604BEC-2817-4203-8AA3-B18ECDA1335F.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

LittleMy

VIP Member
A family member of mine has been rushed into hospital with symptoms. She’s in a bad way.

• Sad
Reactions: 40

Horatio

VIP Member
Not off topic, but kind of a step from the general direction...
As someone posted in the last thread about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s temporary freedom due to CO-VID 19 ...here her first selfie that I defy you not to smile when you see
521B3011-F441-4725-9170-B73451F6B042.jpeg

A quite surprising clash of two huge , sad stories... and something moderately nice too, who would have thought it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Tbh I think Sunak did a brilliant job.
If nothing else he was the most reassured I've been since this chaos started.
Bring him back tomorrow 👏🏼

Reactions: 36

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
On a positive note, can I say thank you to everyone posting their comments. Funny, not so funny, some I agree with , some I don’t. People just engaging with each other and being respectful, helpful and very real. It’s a great forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

KateESJ

VIP Member
Is anyone else always playing a game of “do I have coronavirus or has my health anxiety given me psychological symptoms of coronavirus?”😖

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Daire

I’d rather hose myself down in the shower/sink. I ain’t gonna lie, I’ve done it before 🤪
I'm not gonna lie either, we have a bidet in our main bathroom (because it came with the set) and I tried to use it for the first time at the weekend. Ended up soaking myself! Had to change every stitch of clothing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
The people in the German big brother house have no idea this is going on! They went in on the 6th of Feb! Imagine being told what’s happening in one hit! We’ve had weeks of gradual build up. They’re just going to get it all in one go!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

emerald

VIP Member
i work at a large chain supermarket and being at work nearly every day makes me feel like im cracking up. our shop is heaving ALL day and people are behaving in such a vile manner to me and my colleagues that its getting me down. i wish the country would lockdown properly because i am tired of people not taking it seriously and i feel like i am going out of my mind being a public space with possibly unhygienic people. at least in a lockdown i would be able to get some personal space and fewer customers. it also just feels very unfair (i understand why, dont get me wrong) that i have to continue to work in such a space but i am willingly social distancing from everything else.

• Sad
Reactions: 31

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Boris always seems to look out of his depth when answering questions, he just mumbles and bumbles along without actually giving out any information.
I don’t see Corbyn being any better. In fact not many of our politicians I’d pick to get us through this. We’ve got what we’ve got. I actually think party politics should be put aside and both parties should present this as a united front, at a time of crisis we don’t need jeering from labour supporters that he’s doing it wrong, we need everyone to pull together.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Bostonx

VIP Member
Boris always seems to look out of his depth when answering questions, he just mumbles and bumbles along without actually giving out any information.
I think he is actually out his depth. He thought he was signing up for all his "fun" he had planned for brexit. He didn't sign up for a pandemic 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Darlascott236

Friends husband has just been laid off. No warning just a text saying he no longer has a job. Two little babies as well. Landlord adamant regardless they want their rent or they have to find somewhere else to live. Poor thing is in a mess! All down to this bloody virus!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27