Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know you're middle class when your basics are quinoa,oat milk and lentils.

Basics in this house are baked beans, bread and hobnobs 🙈

😘
Hmmm hobnobs 🥰🥰 Mine are baked beans, cheese (any form, I'm not fussy!! Just as long as there's lots of it!!) and I've got a thing for gingernut biccies. Oh and pepsi max and wine....

As far as I know, parents cannot be charged fees. Our setting isnt charging them.

We are fortunate we can survive the storm. But I know of 6 nurseries in our area that won't be opening back up.

I've also had lots of abuse saying as a nursery worker I'm over paid for doing duck all and that nursery fees are a rip off.

That's OK, I could be homeless within 4 months so that wi teach me won't it!
We do not do duck all and it really pisses me off when people say that. We help raise, educate and toilet train the next generation, whilst parents go to work to earn to provide for them.

My husband once said "how is it hard, all you do is play all day". He never bleeping said it again.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It really shouldn’t have taken this long for supermarkets to limit purchase amounts. This hoarding has been going on a few weeks now. Tesco only now saying they will limit stuff.
Im in Scotland & the tesco near us limited most things to 4/5 per person 10 days ago. It's only now people are praising them because it's 2 for everything.

Reactions: 3
As far as I know, parents cannot be charged fees. Our setting isnt charging them.

We are fortunate we can survive the storm. But I know of 6 nurseries in our area that won't be opening back up.

I've also had lots of abuse saying as a nursery worker I'm over paid for doing duck all and that nursery fees are a rip off.

That's OK, I could be homeless within 4 months so that wi teach me won't it!
My nursery fees are high but I would never begrudge them. The nursery staff are so hard working and patient, my son thrives in there and absolutely loves being there. I dont understand how anyone could say that to you as I bloody couldnt do that job, one day would drain me mentally and physically!!!
Our nursery has 2 locations and is probably the biggest in our town. Even if we had to pay the retainer fee which is half fees I could be happy to pay them. Just def couldnt pay full fees if I wasnt earning my own full wage

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is anyone else always playing a game of “do I have coronavirus or has my health anxiety given me psychological symptoms of coronavirus?”😖

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes, going to the supermarket, walking the dog etc is ok. Going to pubs, clubs, cafes is not ok. :)
Hi sorry to jump on. But what about work? My partner is a mechanic. Abit (but not majority) if fixing police cars. Also testing cars (mot) to ensure they are safe to drive. Thank you.

ugh i've been checking my daughter's temp every hour and it's gone up again. It went down a lil this morning but now it's up again. 39.2 now.
might call 111 again and see what they say but she only has a temp and cough so I'm not sure what they can even do. I'm sure its asthma related like they said at the hospital but she doesn't typically get warmer

Annoyingly she's fine in herself. Being herself and winding me up as usual.
Omg I have had this with my 20 month old. She has had a temperature since Sunday night. I called 111 but waited on a ring tone for over 30 mins my phone disconnected itself. I just feel lost as to what to do. We can’t get a GP appointment either

When they say underlying health conditions do they mean any or just those classed as high risk to self isolate?
Theres a list on the gov website sorry not tech savvy enough to link it. This is what someone else posted on previous threads but this doesnt include ppl with severe illnesess like cancer
67AA4E42-CAE8-4BAA-8B91-6CE9E45D5258.png

Reactions: 1
The only way I can see families surviving (mine included) is the government giving each household a guaranteed monthly payment (bit like what trump's planning with this monthly 1000).
Absolute nightmare. I've got 5 weeks left unpaid mat. Luckily I work for government so hoping I will get more than the £97 however he is the main bread winner by a long way. Weve got over 2500 (inc 600 mortage) in out goings. Weve just used all our savings for a new kitchen which were still paying off 🤔 literally thought we would never be in this situation.
I'm panicking over it, however, touch wood were in good health. People have it alot worse.

I feel so bad for everyone right now. This is the time those stinking rich lottery winners should step up and share some of their good luck with the nation! How can anyone sit on millions of money that they haven't even earned, and see families struggle??? (Sorry, I'm heading for a rant, I'll go get a glass of wine)
Err also what about "the one percent" they should definitely help from their cut off islands

Reactions: 3
Omg I have had this with my 20 month old. She has had a temperature since Sunday night. I called 111 but waited on a ring tone for over 30 mins my phone disconnected itself. I just feel lost as to what to do. We can’t get a GP appointment either
I don’t really think there’s much we can do 😔 I didn’t end up calling again because it took hours last time for them to call back and she’s all tucked up in bed now. I’ll still be checking her temp but it’s a little lower now. Her cough has me worried more.
I wish this whole coronavirus happened before I was a parent 😂

I am glad however it didn’t happen a few years ago. If it had happened when my son was still here and going through His cancer treatment I think I would’ve been a huge ball of anxiety literally all the time 😔 seeing a lot of cancer parents in my groups really worrying about their little ones and it’s heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Im in Scotland & the tesco near us limited most things to 4/5 per person 10 days ago. It's only now people are praising them because it's 2 for everything.
It’s still too much. 2 per person and you’ve got families of four buying 2 packs of 24 toilet rolls each etc.

people need to seriously get a bleeping grip. IF and I mean IF you run out of toilet roll,hop in the shower?!

Reactions: 4
Hi sorry to jump on. But what about work? My partner is a machine. Abit (but not majority) if fixing police cars. Also testing cars (mot) to ensure they are safe to drive. Thank you.
I would think that's an essential job (if I understand you correctly - your husband is a mechanic?) so I assume he would be allowed to continue with it, providing he is in good health to do so, and not showing any symptoms. :) But he would be told about this either way if it came to a lockdown. :)

slightly off topic, I saw this in action today 😂 and the “stay the duck away from each other by this much” signs....

it’s all a bit crazy. 😂
would it be weird to say I now want nothing in life but one of these toys...🤣

Is anyone else always playing a game of “do I have coronavirus or has my health anxiety given me psychological symptoms of coronavirus?”😖
I thought I was burning up earlier, started panicking but hubby rightly pointed out it was the 2 glasses of red I had whilst cooking dinner 👀😂

Don't judge 🤦🏻‍♀️
He's on child duty tonight!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.